Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is Harrison Wells?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posted in a different thread but will chuck it here as well.

Let's see, he knows about Crisis, he has the (seeming, although I will get to that in a bit) ability to travel through time, he's (seemingly) invulnerable to physical harm, he's a brilliant scientist, he's not a youngster, and from the online images of TRF, he's not him. So, who is he ?

Well, one guy fits that bill, and crucially, Harrison has even let the cat out of the bag himself in ep 2. "I am a Pariah".

From DC comics, the character of "Pariah" was one of the pivotal characters in Crisis, and would therefore certainly know about it.
    He's also invulnerable to physical harm, which explains why even after offscreen being trapped under debris, he is quite alright. Imo the wheelchair bit is simply to avoid answering awkward questions.
    He's also a brilliant scientist, whose experiments to view the dawn of time indirectly led to Crisis after he inadvertently opened the anti-matter portal to the dawn of time instead. So in a slight turnaround, for The Flash TV show, his experiment with the reactor indirectly led to the creation of Flash, Firestorm, and the rest after the reactor opened a dimensional barrier.
    He's also able to "time-travel" sort of, since he can teleport to the focal point of any catastrophic event. This would also explain why he is seemingly "stuck" at present.
    He's imo of a similar age to Cavanagh, has a passing resemblance to him, and crucially, Wells has even said that he is a Pariah.

Just about more than anyone, because of The Flash's role in Crisis, Pariah would be one person who would try his best to guide The Flash into the hero he is meant to become, and also try his best to keep him "safe" by any means necessary until such time as The Flash does (in Crisis) what he is meant to do.

If Wells is not Pariah, I will be utterly amazed.

Comment

Originally posted by speople
      If Wells is not Pariah, I will be utterly amazed.
      You'd better be prepared to be utterly amazed, then, because he's not an existing comic-book character.

People can deny the truthfulness of it all they want, but the producers have made it clear that he's a wholly original character created specifically for the series.

Comment

Originally posted by DigificWriter
        You'd better be prepared to be utterly amazed, then, because he's not an existing comic-book character. People can deny the truthfulness of it all they want, but the producers have made it clear that he's a wholly original character created specifically for the series.
        It might be whole new character...................But, it looks like that character is based on Vandal Savage.

Comment

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I have no freaking clue who he could be, and I love that! What a downer would it be if he was someone we already knew about, and totally knew the back story. I hope he's no one.

But for the sake of argument, let's look at his actions and extrapolate who he could be:

1) He's a scientist with knowledge of the future.
          2) He seems to have been around this timeline for a while but that's mostly speculation.
          3) He talks about the particle accelerator being his life's work and Barry said it's light years ahead of stuff they're doing today (suggests he's from the future and bringing future tech to the past-- for some reason)
          4) He know's Barry is the Flash and he's willing to kill to protect him. (not something Pariah would do)
          5) He (as of Ep. 3) seemed to have knowledge that the lightning would strike Barry the night the Accelerator exploded, turning him into the Flash (Again future knowledge)
          6) He's faking the injury for some reason, unknown to all.

I don't think he's the Reverse Flash because then why would he be helping Barry become a hero. Wouldn't the Reverse Flash just want Barry dead?

I don't think he's related to Barry (per se) because anything that interrupts Barry's timeline could wipe him from existence. If he were interested in Barry becoming a hero to preserve his future legacy, why would he let him fight people who could kill him? He cannot control what happens to Barry out in the field.

Like wise, I don't think he's Wally West because once a hero always a hero and Wally would want to continue to help people, even if he was older. Plus I don't remember Wally being "I'm building a particle accelerator" type of smart, but then again, I've not read the most recent rendition of him in the comics.

Booster Gold-- unlikely because he's not smart like that either.

I really don't think he's Pariah from the Crisis comics because he's still here. Pariah was not a murderer, and his "teleportation" was a result of the Crisis he helped to create. That event is obviously not happening in Barry's time so why would he be here. He never moved across time to "catastrophic events" he was always in the now and teleporting (against his will) to events DURING the Crisis. If he could go back in time that would cause a paradox because you'd imagine that he'd want to stop the Crisis from ever happening, thus negating his power to "teleport" all together.

I'll admit I know very little about Rip or Rex Hunter to know how they'd fit into this but I don't like that theory either.

Maybe he's just a very smart man who comes back in time because he thinks he can help someone in his family and the Flash's blood or metabolism or speed, is the only way that can happen. Honestly, what else can you think of as a reason to kill to keep Barry safe? And he'd have to be someone completely independent of Barry's timeline to have a non-paradoxical effect on Barry's life.

Just a thought...

Comment

Originally posted by moviefan2k4
            Here's my crazy theory about Dr. Wells...

[SPOILER]

He's not anyone from the poll above, but still a man with the ability to travel through time. He foresaw some kind of terrible apocalypse that Barry would survive, but knew his mother Nora wouldn't. So, to both inspire Barry on his quest and protect Nora, he took her to his own time. Barry and his father only saw Nora disappear, so they think she died that night.

[/SPOILER]

What do you guys think?
            But her body was there

Comment

Originally posted by DaCaptn19
              But her body was there
              And the show would haemorrage viewers pretty damn quickly imo if they started out on a "Nora's soul was put into another body" kind of storyline. There's comic book style, there's realism and there's outright farcical, and such a storyline would definitely fall into the latter category.

Comment

No, he is not. It would remove a central character from the series.

Comment

Bart Allen.

Comment

Something else struck me. Well, 2 things, plus in retrospect, a 3rd.

In the episode "Going Rogue", Wells said to Felicity that he is "always looking for people with potential" or something like that.
                    In "Power Outage" Wells talked to a computer in the future called Gideon.

I haven't got them to hand, but in Crisis, didn't "The Monitor" have a talking computer in his ship?, and he definitely looked for people with the "potential" to help him defeat the Anti Monitor (from reading LSH, I remember him telling Harbinger to fetch Dawnstar). In retrospect, if Wells is "The Monitor" it would fit with him thus wanting to keep the timeline secure (where Barry destroyed the Anti-Matter cannon or w/e it was).

Comment

Originally posted by speople
                      Something else struck me. Well, 2 things, plus in retrospect, a 3rd.

In the episode "Going Rogue", Wells said to Felicity that he is "always looking for people with potential" or something like that.
                      In "Power Outage" Wells talked to a computer in the future called Gideon.

I haven't got them to hand, but in Crisis, didn't "The Monitor" have a talking computer in his ship?, and he definitely looked for people with the "potential" to help him defeat the Anti Monitor (from reading LSH, I remember him telling Harbinger to fetch Dawnstar). In retrospect, if Wells is "The Monitor" it would fit with him thus wanting to keep the timeline secure (where Barry destroyed the Anti-Matter cannon or w/e it was).
                      I never thought of The Monitor as a time traveler, but more of an omnipotent being who existed in present time. Sure he's got a "been alive for a long time" thing going on but not a move along a timeline thing.

Comment

I'm hoping he's really Bart Allen. If Wells is the Reverse Flash, that's awfully big to reveal so early. I think that's just a red herring. Plus I like Wells, I'd hate for him to end up being a bad guy. I'm more inclined to hope he's Bart Allen and he came back to bring about the rise of the Speed Force. I'm hoping he's also holding the RF suit because it is meant to go to Eddie. It's part of his future.

I want Eddie to end up turning into the Reverse Flash after going insane. Maybe after an act for noble sacrifice (I keep flashing back to Iris saying Eddie and the Flash are the same and would sacrifice themselves for the city). Because I can imagine Rick would be more likely than Tom is to return for future episodes or storylines. Since I don't imagine Tom Cavanaugh signing on for more than a season or two, so I'm really hoping he's Bart and we get a great one off storyarc.

Comment

Originally posted by MrZeppo
                          I'm hoping he's really Bart Allen. If Wells is the Reverse Flash, that's awfully big to reveal so early. I think that's just a red herring. Plus I like Wells, I'd hate for him to end up being a bad guy. I'm more inclined to hope he's Bart Allen and he came back to bring about the rise of the Speed Force. I'm hoping he's also holding the RF suit because it is meant to go to Eddie. It's part of his future.

I want Eddie to end up turning into the Reverse Flash after going insane. Maybe after an act for noble sacrifice (I keep flashing back to Iris saying Eddie and the Flash are the same and would sacrifice themselves for the city). Because I can imagine Rick would be more likely than Tom is to return for future episodes or storylines. Since I don't imagine Tom Cavanaugh signing on for more than a season or two, so I'm really hoping he's Bart and we get a great one off storyarc.
                          The problem I see with him being Bart is that Bart doesn't kill people, no Flash does. That's a role of any of the RF's.

I'm still backing him to be Zoom though with the today's episode when he was walking through his house he almost looked like Barry for a moment which has made me curious if they are going to have him related to Barry in some way.

Comment

Harrison Wells of the first season is the Reverse Flash who is using Barry Alien to return to his future time.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎