No announcement yet.

Who is Harrison Wells?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is Harrison Wells?

This should probably go in the Spoilers/Speculation folder, but since it's related to the pilot: Any theories on Harrison Wells yet?
    Bart Allen
    0%
    Barry Allen from the future
    0%
    Reverse-Flash/A Thawne
    0%
    Booster Gold
    0%
    Rip Hunter
    0%
    Rex Hunter
    0%
    H.G. Wells
    0%
    Pariah (from Crisis)
    0%
    Wally West
    0%
    The Doctor
    0%

Bart Allen, but from much sooner in the future than in the comics time period.

Though I wouldn't mind if he was Booster Gold.

Comment

I have been thinking he is Rip Hunter. Mainly for the Crisis on Infinite Earths hint at the end of the episode.

Comment

It could be Bart Allen under an alias.

Comment

I would have said Bart Allen but, the article was from 2024...Bart Allen wouldn't be that old neither would Barry. I'm leaning towards someone else but, I don't know much about The Flash beyond the animated stuff.
          Last edited by darkphoenix21; 10-07-2014, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Wally West would be African American seeing as Iris is that too. A bit weird putting that option up there Craig.

Comment

It's Professor Zoom. Really weird an convoluted time-paradox origin story.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                I would have said Bart Allen but, the article was from 2024...Bart Allen wouldn't be that old neither would Barry. I'm leaning towards someone else but, I don't know much about The Flash beyond the animated stuff.
                The article being from 2024 doesn't mean that's when Wells came from. Though I'm guessing he's in our time to mentor Barry so he survives the Crisis.

Comment

I'd go with Rip Hunter.

Comment

Some alternate version of Barry (could be from the future or an AU)

T.O. Morrow - a villain who uses technology to see into the future

Maybe they are doing with Thawne what SV did with Luthor: he's split into two people. One is Eddie Thawne who is dating Iris (perhaps with some aspects of Malcolm Thawne?) and the other is Wells who is the time-traveling supervillain (Professor Zoom) obsessed with Barry and his timeline. Malcolm is supposed to be Eobard's ancestor so they could throw that in there too.

Or maybe he's just an original character.

My vote goes to the The Doctor however.
                    Last edited by Exedore; 10-07-2014, 07:22 PM.

Comment

I said this in the Review thread, but I got a really strong feeling that he's being set up to be the series' version of Professor Zoom, which wouldn't surprise me at all (yes, I know they added the Eddie Thawne character whose name is clearly derived from Eobard Thrawne, Professor Zoom's alter-ego in the comics, but there's nothing obligating them to use Eddie in that particular role here). He also strikes me as very much being the series' analogue to both Malcolm Merlyn and Slade Wilson.

Comment

I'm going out on a limb, I know, but my guess isn't on the list: Either Jay Garrick (I know, right?) or Max Mercury.

Comment

Originally posted by maasaloo
                          Wally West would be African American seeing as Iris is that too. A bit weird putting that option up there Craig.
                          Wally could be adopted

In any event, it was just there as an excuse to mention Wally West. We also know Harrison Wells is not The Doctor, no matter how much Andrew Kreisberg would probably enjoy writing The Doctor.

Comment

I've got a wild idea - he's Metron from The New Gods.

Why? Three reasons.

1. The wheelchair could be Metron's Mobius chair in disguise.

2. That device he used to view the future newspaper could have been a Motherbox (it was pingng!)

3. Monitoring past events to ensure things go smoothly is very much Metron's style.

Comment

i think he may be the reverse flash from the future. If you look at the scene where he was looking at the paper at the end you briefly saw a flash of yellow "electricity" right before the scene cut. That "electricity" was very similar to the scene that showed barry's mom being murdered and the color's of the "electricity" or the streaks from the running around, the speed force, or whatever you wanna call it.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎