0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - Bad

0 0%
    The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Heavy is the Head?"

What did you think?

Good episode overall. Mac is my favorite new character this season. I hope he is somehow Luke Cage, and Mac is some fake identity he is using to cover up his convict past.

Also really excited for next week. Simmons is probably Coulson' s spy within Hydra. Although her being a Hydra agent would clarify her getting better a lying comment last season.

What I just watched is an episode of a television series that has evolved into something leagues better than what it was at this time last year. I'm not saying it's the best thing on television, but every second of that was just better, more professional, and displayed elements of a show that is taking itself to the next level in quality.

Things I liked:
    1: Talbot/Coulson rivalry
    2: "You shot May."
    3: Tragic Fitz
    4: Adult agents
    5: Events and actions having actual consequences
    6: Skye isn't annoying.
    7: May followed Coulson's orders. So did Skye.

Things I didn't like:
    1: I realize this is a light show, but sometimes they get too cute with the humor and it undercuts the drama. It's a balancing act, a line that Joss Whedon typically knows how to walk. These writers haven't quite mastered that yet.
    2: Why did you take your sniper rifle to the ground floor, give away your position, and put yourself and everyone else in jeopardy, when you could have killed him from the hidden height? Was it because you wanted him to see it coming? Is that not the dumbest thing he could have done in that situation?
    3: Weird that Talbot lets his captor walk away without tracking him.

It's only two episodes, but the quality of this show has gotten so much better. Very positive signs.

This was a much better episode than what we've generally seen last season. The writing and characters will make this series and they've improved on both. Skye not being annoying (so far) is a definite plus. I'm cautiously optimistic that they'll stay on track this season.

Fitz could have one of the more interesting story arcs this season (and possibly Simmons, if the preview is anything to go by).

Yeah, they did seem a bit too cute with the humour this time. They tend to overplay that card on occasion.

1000 More To Go!! Welling_is_pretty's Avatar
    I thought this episode was a solid one. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Coulson ordering May to drop back and even gets a "sir" from her.

The marks on the object are the same as Coulson's scribbles? Hmm, the plot thickens.

Trying to turn Hunter against Coulson. He comes back and seems to playing both sides against each other.

None of Creel's other absoribing powers overriding the object. Interesting.

The return of Raina. I like that. She was an intriguing character.

Hunter taking out May and Skye. Coulson to the rescue!

Now Fitz knows the Simmons he's been seeing isn't real. Will it affect him in a negative way or spur him toward something?

Levels are gone? Awww, I liked the levels of SHIELD.

More drawing on the walls. May knowing about it was a good surprise.

Raina not only not being affected by object but also making it light up? Hmmm, again the plot thickens.

Coulson and Talbot's meet up. So was one of those the Quinjet and the other the Bus (with Cloak tech)? It was kind of hard to tell.

I liked that we saw how Coulson has changed since becoming Director and how May is still keeping an eye on him. Gave this one an 8 (which seems to be a popular vote!).

Forum Whiz
    Good episode. I really want to give Fitz a hug.

Posting Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Backward Galaxy View Post
    2: Why did you take your sniper rifle to the ground floor, give away your position, and put yourself and everyone else in jeopardy, when you could have killed him from the hidden height? Was it because you wanted him to see it coming? Is that not the dumbest thing he could have done in that situation?
    3: Weird that Talbot lets his captor walk away without tracking him.
    2 - He had said something along the lines of "Get up close and shoot him" earlier in the episode, and being closer means less time to change your body so there is some sense there.
    3 - If you're talking about Coulson, there was no time to track him. You had the original plane appear, then the jet which Coulson walked into and given the work they had went to purely to get the stealth tech I think it's fair to think they cloaked pretty much once they were out of shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lipzo View Post
    2 - He had said something along the lines of "Get up close and shoot him" earlier in the episode, and being closer means less time to change your body so there is some sense there.
    It just doesn't make sense to me. If he shoots him from the height, there's no way the guy has enough time to react to the bullet. The only reason he wasn't able to kill him is because the guy saw him coming.

3 - If you're talking about Coulson, there was no time to track him. You had the original plane appear, then the jet which Coulson walked into and given the work they had went to purely to get the stealth tech I think it's fair to think they cloaked pretty much once they were out of shot.
    I was talking about the first guy he captured at the beginning of the episode. You don't just let him walk away like that.

Neither of these things ruined the episode for me, but I definitely blinked.

Forum Regular
    I think that it a good episode. The enemy of this episode was interesting.