Disney/Fairytale References In This Episode

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney/Fairytale References In This Episode

What ones did you spot?

Lets just start this off with the obvious Frozen.

Maybe not a "fairy-tale" per se, but the opening with Elsa & Anna's parents reminded me of the third Narnia book, "Voyage of the Dawn Treader".

Comment

Belle and Rumple's outfits, and dancing to the instrumental of "Beauty and the Beast."

The magic hat from Fantasia, that formed out of the magic box.

Comment

Originally posted by Resistance84
        Belle and Rumple's outfits, and dancing to the instrumental of "Beauty and the Beast."
        I loved that moment, too; it's what I'd wanted to see since they first made Rumple the show's answer to the Beast.

The magic hat from Fantasia, that formed out of the magic box.
        They really need to have Rumple conquer his own demons. His lies and cowardice cost him his own son twice, and now he's lying to Belle? I was relieved when he put the dagger back in her purse, only to feel disgusted when he removed it for the hat reveal.

Comment

The way that the cemetary scene with Rumple talking to Neal's grave was filmed struck me as being very deliberately reminiscent of the cinematography from the Disney live-action film "Something Wicked This Way Comes".

@moviefan2k4: I'm pretty sure that Rumple is going to put the true Dagger back in Belle's bag, because there was nothing about his behavior to indicate otherwise.

Comment

Disney/Fairytale References In This Episode

That thing was a hat? I couldn't tell what it was. I hope they don't use the Yen Sid Sorcerer since I wasn't familiar with him until I just read the Wikipedia, I'd have to with Merlin
            Last edited by lonewriter; 10-05-2014, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎