No announcement yet.

FALLOUT & RAGE Official Episode Rewatch Mk II thread - Friday September 26th

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DJ Doena
    I disagree. Static perfectly showcases Lex' and Lana's true natures. Too bad Lana never got her comeuppance for it.
    TPTB were too infatuated with her too make her pay.

Comment

I disagree. Static perfectly showcases Lex' and Lana's true natures. Too bad Lana never got her comeuppance for it.
      I think what I hate most about Static is that Clark is hardly in it (and I know ti is mostly because TW was getting ready to direct for the first time), and when he is, the storyline is not good - pretty lame Zoner, and then MM has to save Clark. That, coupled with the heavy dose of Lexana, just makes it nearly unwatchable for me. Nevertheless, as with all episodes, it does have its moments that are good

Comment

• Originally posted by kal-el_Girl
        TPTB were too infatuated with her too make her pay.
        That's the main reason I hate the Lionel blackmailing plot. Because suddenly Lana is whitewashed again. She didn't blackmail Dr. Groehl. She didn't say that meteor people deserved to be treated as lab rats. She didn't try to trick Clark into making a confession while hiding the fact that she's pregnant.

No, she's poor orphan Lana. Fake-impregnated by Lex and blackmailed into marriage by Lionel! Pity her!

Comment

• Originally posted by MrsK
          I agree! Definitely the low point of the season - but they are followed by a great run of episodes from Hydro on - really one of the stronger second half runs of any season with fewer clunkers than usual
          I think they are so poor that it tended to give the first half of S6 a bit of a bad rap. And I have always maintained that the 2nd half of S6 (from & including Hydro) is SV at its very finest. Depending on your point of view, only Trespass and Noir are fillerish.

Comment

• Originally posted by skully
            I think they are so poor that it tended to give the first half of S6 a bit of a bad rap. And I have always maintained that the 2nd half of S6 (from & including Hydro) is SV at its very finest. Depending on your point of view, only Trespass and Noir are fillerish.
            Well, Trespass gives us (my gues is due to needing a non-FX costing episode) a very interesting look on how someone on the outside would witness Clark's heroics, i.e. you never see him actually do anything and yet it happens.

Comment

Lex is working with the Egyptians!
              That line always makes me laugh. It's just so absurd. The U.S. isn't/wasn't at war with Egypt (ergo, any contact with that nation isn't treason). And hieroglyphs isn't a modern language. All they'd suggest is that Lex is either funding or been approached about funding an archeological dig in Egypt. Yet, Jimmy insists that he's got proof of a Lex-Egypt conspiracy.

Comment

• Originally posted by skully
                Those Krytonians are tough. Raya lived long enough to give Kal a farewell speech. Yance was turned to dandruff!!!
                Yep, long enough that she could've survived, had Clark used the crystal instantly to restore the Fortress (which could heal her).

Comment

• One of the things that always throws me out of an episode is when the graphics department is not properly synced with the script or shoot.

For example in this season's Freak they claimed that "a new red dot" had appeared on the parking lot outside the Smallville Lanes bowling center. The image we are shown is then of the dot being inside the bowling center.

In Fallout episode here Chloe is showing Clark a map of attacks on power facilities upon which Clark remarks that they form a straight line. Chloe then adds "straight towards you". This makes Chloe look really dumb because the close-up shot of the map they then used (I assume this is later shot without the actors being present) actually had the line already drawn into the map! If it had just been dots it would have been easier to explain why Chloe may have overlooked it. But for her drawing a line and then suddenly Clark exclaiming that they form a straight line and Chloe being suprised by that?!?

Comment

Saves:

Arrow:
                    none (when Clark protected Oliver, he was about to be uncovered, but not harmed)

Reunion:
                    Lex (from Duncan)
                    Oliver (from Duncan)

Lex: 19
                    Chloe: 18
                    Pete: 8
                    Lana: 27
                    Whitney: 5†
                    Martha: 9
                    Jonathan: 5
                    Lionel: 7
                    Lois: 7
                    Jason: 3
                    Oliver: 1
                    Saves:

Fallout:
                    Lamar (from Baern)

Rage:
                    Lex (from Oliver)
                    Oliver (from himself)

Lex: 20
                    Chloe: 18
                    Pete: 8
                    Lana: 27
                    Whitney: 5†
                    Martha: 9
                    Jonathan: 5
                    Lionel: 7
                    Lois: 7
                    Jason: 3
                    Oliver: 2

Originally posted by DJ Doena
                    Fatality Count:

Arrow:

none (it is unclear if that one mercenary died by Oliver's arrow)

Reunion:
                    Alden
                    Geoffrey
                    Duncan's mother
                    Duncan

Total confirmed:
                    Fatality Count:

Fallout:

Yance
                    5 researchers at a nuclear facility
                    Raya
                    I don't count Baern because he was a phantom and is not trapped in the crystal

Rage:
                    Dr. Pamela Black

Total confirmed:

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍