No announcement yet.

Suicide Squad (2016)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Concept Art from Christian Lorenz Scheurer. It has a lot of stuff that wasn't in the movie like Parademons and Boom Tubes.

Comment

• Comment

• Will Smith explains why he picked ‘Suicide Squad’ over ‘Independence Day: Resurgence’:

http://batman-news.com/2016/12/11/wi...ay-resurgence/

Comment

• Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
            Ah.

I have a hard time getting excited about new Marvel movies. So few of them have been great and they all feel like the same movie over and over at this point. It doesn't help that I think fans over hyped the last two Cap movies and I thought each one was average at best.

I am liking Marvel on Netflix though. I'm more excited for Luke Cage than I am for Infinity War.
            Same here. I'm pretty tired of MCU movies while look more forward to the netflix series. Their films are so overpraised and over rated when many if not all of them have the same bare bones story that relies heavily on that excessive Michael Bay style and famous actor names to draw general audience in.

Something's wrong when I have a better understanding and like the Suicide Squad members more than any of the MCU characters. I only seen it once, but the more I thought about it, the more I hated CA Civil War. The creators said they needed a film to disband the Avengers. They have that but problem is there was no reason or story to why it even happened. The MCU always had a tendency to think more about fanservice and characters doing things because the plot demands it, but Civil War emphasize that problem because now you have a dozen characters all doing it. I wouldn't have been surprised if Ultron and Red Skull just randomly popped into the film, picked a side without explanation and started beating each other up. Everyone else in the movie pretty much was. The only one of that bunch that I think made any sense to be fighting was Spiderman. He was a new hero who just got invited by Ironman to be apart of the Avengers and he wanted to impress the boss, so I can see that.

If anything the MCU films have gave me motivation to seek different films and gave me a new appreciation for past movies. For example I thought Mystery Men was just an average film before, but now I legit enjoy it. I also went back to watch the Assault on Precinct 13 remake with Ethan Hawke and am asking myself why I only now decided to rewatch that movie. Great film. Also Logan was awesome. I like my characters to actually have reasons and motives and some relatability, not simply they turn on people because the film needs a villain, or the plot demands it or it's time for a gratuitous fight scene.

Regarding Suicide Squad, this is the first DC film I liked since the Chris Nolan films. I'm glad the ultra dark and serious tone of the Nolan films have finally been dropped. I thought the entire cast for the most part did a great job including those I previous thought were awful like Jai Courtney (many people were shocked about that too). I also don't know why, but something about this movie reminds me of the classic action movies of yesteryear. Maybe it's the director since that's the genre he specializes in. No need to waste an entire film to introduce a character who doesn't need one, just some quick notes and introduction is enough. Then let the characters work themselves with some details here and there thrown in without being overly flashy or excessive. For example in MCU films Black Widow apparently always needs to have a token fodder group so she can beat them up, do a bunch of flips then end it by spinning around a guy's head 5 times before slamming him just to emphasize how skilled, athletic and lethal she is. Though this is like in every movie that it's starting to come off as a joke now like how the "come with me if you want to live" line in every Terminator movie (except T3 I think) is basically a ongoing joke now. In Suicide Squad we know Harley Quinn and Katana are athletic like Black Widow, but they only use their agility when they need it. Like Katana doing a flip to dodge Captain Boomerang's weapon, or Harley Quinn doing a back flip to escape a hold or she herself doing Natasha's hurricana head spins, but that was so she can shoot multiple opponents around her. Sometimes the simple way is the more effective way.

Comment

• Director Guy Ritchie was a guest on Variety’s “Playback” podcast this week to talk about his new Warner Bros. movie King Arthur: Legend of the Sword. During the conversation, Ritc…

Guy Ritchie wants to direct a sequel to Suicide Squad.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎