No announcement yet.

Lucifer (FOX) Original KSiteTV Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucifer (FOX) Original KSiteTV Thread

As Fox feted the premiere of its new series Gotham last night in New York, the network is betting on another drama based on a DC character from a top series creator. Fox has given a put pilot commitment to Lucifer, from Californication creator/executive producer Tom Kapinos and DC Entertainment sibling Warner Bros TV, which […]

As Fox feted the premiere of its new series Gotham last night in New York, the network is betting on another drama based on a DC character from a top series creator. Fox has given a put pilot commitment to Lucifer, from Californication creator/executive producer Tom Kapinos and DC Comics sibling Warner Bros TV, which is behind all DC-themed TV projects.

Lucifer has appeared as a supporting character in comic book series The Sandman and toplined an eponymous spinoff, both for DC’s Vertigo imprint. Based on the Vertigo characters, the TV series, written and executive produced by Kapinos, centers on Lucifer who, bored and unhappy as the Lord of Hell, resigns his throne and abandons his kingdom for the gorgeous, shimmering insanity of Los Angeles, where he opens an exclusive piano bar called Lux. Warner Bros TV is producing with Kapinos’ Aggressive Mediocrity.

WBTV has been rapidly expanding its live-action DC Comics TV universe. This fall, it is going from one to four primetime series, returning Arrow and freshmen The Flash, Gotham and Constantine. In addition to Lucifer, it is prepping another major broadcast franchise with Supergirl, from Greg Berlanti and Ali Adler, and has Titans nearing a pilot green light at TNT.
    Last edited by Halberdier17; 09-16-2014, 03:57 PM.

Sandman character isn't he? I'm surprised he's not being used for the Sandman movie with JGL.

oh well another DC show in the works.

Comment

I'm getting burnt out with all these comic book based tv series coming out and/or in development.
      Last edited by darkphoenix21; 09-16-2014, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
        I'm getting burnt out with all these comic book based tv series coming out and/or in development.
        ya DC is kind of overloading series. i mean teent titans sounds good and super girl sounds good but they should atleast wait for the 3 they are putting out now to be released and get feedback before planning on more.

Comment

Originally posted by maasaloo
          Sandman character isn't he? I'm surprised he's not being used for the Sandman movie with JGL.

oh well another DC show in the works.
          I would have used Lucifer on Constantine.

This series seems like overkill, but maybe they have a really good plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny
            I would have used Lucifer on Constantine.

This series seems like overkill, but maybe they have a really good plan.
            Won't work there's already a Lucifer type character in the Hellblazer comics. He's called First of the Fallen who's name was dropped in the pilot episode.

He's basically the big bad of the Hellblazer universe.

Comment

Originally posted by maasaloo
              Won't work there's already a Lucifer type character in the Hellblazer comics. He's called First of the Fallen who's name was dropped in the pilot episode.

He's basically the big bad of the Hellblazer universe.
              That's confusing. How does that even work? Is Hellblazer in the dc main universe? Did Sandman travel between realities between interacting with Constantine and then going to Hell, to deal with Lucifer?

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny
                That's confusing. How does that even work? Is Hellblazer in the dc main universe? Did Sandman travel between realities between interacting with Constantine and then going to Hell, to deal with Lucifer?
                When I say "Hellblazer" comics I mean the name of the comics where John Constantine had a 300 issue run before he was integrated into the main DC universe in the New 52 with his book called "Constantine". It was his own universe barely any interaction other than Swamp Thing early on with any other known DC characters.

So in that universe FotF is the big bad but seeing as he's in the main DCNU now he could go against the likes of Darkseid in theory.

Comment

Last year, Fox commissioned a "put pilot" for a TV series from Warner Bros based on the DC Vertigo series Lucifer, by Mike Carey and Peter Gross, itself

Bleeding Cool is reporting that Fox has greenlit the pilot.

Comment

From what I read he's suppose to be dishonest but not a liar.
                    So is he using the exact words trope which is a character believes he didn't tell a lie because of the words he spoke.

Comment

Confirmed Fox orders Pilot for Lucifer.

Comment

Tom Ellis (Once Upon a Time) has landed the title role.

Comment

I imagine this will be the sympathy for the devil kind of tv show.

Comment

Lina Esco (Cane) has booked a role in Fox’s drama pilot Lucifer, from Jerry Bruckheimer TV and Warner Bros TV. Based on the characters from the DC Entertainment’s Vertigo, the show centers on Lucifer (Tom Ellis) who, bored and unhappy as the Lord of Hell, resigns his throne and abandons his kingdom for Los Angeles, where […]

Lina Esco has been cast as Maze.

She is probably Mazikeen.

Comment

Chicago Fire alumna Lauren German is set as the female lead opposite Tom Ellis in Fox’s comic book drama pilot Lucifer, written by Tom Kapinos and directed by Len Wiseman for Warner Bros. TV and Jerry Bruckheimer TV. Primetime-Panic Your Complete Guide to Pilots and Straight-to-Series orders See All Based on the characters from the DC Entertainment’s Vertigo, the TV series centers on […]

Lauren German has been cast as Chloe Dancer an LAPD Homicide Detective.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎