Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I liked the Young Justice series, the writing was really good on it -- so one can hope that Titans could live up to its potential.

If they are going with Dick Grayson as the main lead, I think either Superboy or Wonder Girl's odds of being on the team have to be better. If they're willing to have a Bat-related character (and no one could be closer than him!), then it looks like they're not so concerned about any alleged film v. TV confusion with Supes and WW -linked characters. And if we consider Johns' statement about DC having separate film and TV universes, then it shouldn't be an issue to have Batman and Superman on film ... and their "family" members on TV.

It's good to be a DC fan these days.

The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Halberdier17 View Post
    WB owns TNT and co-owns the CW so it might be possible it could tie into Arrow and The Flash.

The producers of all four series (Arrow, Flash, Gotham and Constantine) said at comic con it is still possible for all the shows to be based in the same universe they just wouldn't be able to interact with each show.
    That was Bruno Heller of Gotham who said that, I think... and it's weird, too, because obviously his show is on a much different timeline from everything else.

When I asked Marc Guggenheim about an Ivy University reference in Constantine - which of course, that place has ties to Ray Palmer - he said they aren't coordinating Easter eggs, which makes me think there's no way that Arrow/Flash and Constantine are in the same "universe." Which is a huge shame, because a crossover character like Zatanna going through the different shows would be awesome.

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    I don't know if it is on a different timeline. They said they want in to be ambiguous. The cars are all from the 60s or 70s yet they have modern cell phones.

edit* I'm referring to Gotham's timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by The Krypton Knight View Post
    You are not familiar w/ previous Bat-Embargo's?

http://dcanimated.wikia.com/wiki/Bat-embargo
    Every time I read about that embargo, I learn something new. I didn't know it all ran as deep as Spectre, Phantom Stranger, and Blue Beetle.

Forum Whiz
    So if they're using Changeling doesn't that mean we'll meet the Doom Patrol at some point?

And of course Monsieur Mallah, the Brain and the Brotherhood of Evil?

Are they forbidden from having their own version of Roy or Zatanna if they can't do crossovers?

String Bikini Theory BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow's Avatar
    Uncanny X-Valley, Avengers World, Year 2099
    So much talk about crossovers when we don't even know about the quality of the actual shows yet Arrow aside. It's great Flash got his own show based on guest appearances on Arrow but man, those episodes were nothing to write home about. The styles of the two characters clashed so much.

People seem to be more excited about the prospect of crossovers than if it's actually worth doing.

On one website they mentioned that maybe the reason Arrow couldn't use Ted Kord's version of the Blue Beetle is because Titans might use the Jaime Reyes version of the Blue Beetle and Ted Kord might make an appearance.

That is just speculation but it could make sense.

I don't know if it is on a different timeline. They said they want in to be ambiguous. The cars are all from the 60s or 70s yet they have modern cell phones.

edit* I'm referring to Gotham's timeline.
    Gotham is a 21st Century Noir, both tonally and aesthetically. It's also basically a 'prequel' to the entire Batman mythos as a whole rather than any one specific version of said mythos.

Posting Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow View Post
    So much talk about crossovers when we don't even know about the quality of the actual shows yet Arrow aside. It's great Flash got his own show based on guest appearances on Arrow but man, those episodes were nothing to write home about. The styles of the two characters clashed so much.

People seem to be more excited about the prospect of crossovers than if it's actually worth doing.
    Certainly true but human's always love to speculate as to what could be long before finding proper footing for those beliefs. It's what has caused many great scientific break throughs (different topic but I think you get the idea).

On one website they mentioned that maybe the reason Arrow couldn't use Ted Kord's version of the Blue Beetle is because Titans might use the Jaime Reyes version of the Blue Beetle and Ted Kord might make an appearance.

That is just speculation but it could make sense.
    While possible I'd find it odd to see that incarnation of Blue Beetle purely being the reason Arrow couldn't use Kord. It just doesn't seem logical to me to stop someone from showing up in a proven show only to use an off-shoot of the character in a show that hasn't been taken to the pilot stage.
    I think that it's more likely that we see Blue Beetle in relation to the DCCU rather than a show.
    Last edited by Lipzo; 09-19-2014 at 03:22 AM.

According to AdWeek, Mark Pedowitz has said that there are "discussions" going on about having Titans in the Arrowverse.

And beyond the linked comic book stories, there’s also the framework of corporate synergy. Mark Pedowitz, CW’s president, says there’s a possibility that the Flash and Arrow universe might include TNT’s new show, corporate half-sibling Titans (definitely not Gotham or Constantine, though). “What you’ll see embedded in Flash and Arrow is that we’ll have the ability to test characters out. Is there room to grow them into the next show? I cannot tell you yet. There are discussions going on,” he said.
    http://www.adweek.com/news/televisio...tv-fall-160259

That is great news I guessed it was possible but I love that they are in discussions to have it all in the same universe.

http://www.ksitetv.com/titans/a-tv-s...utsiders/46715

This should've been called Outsiders.
    Last edited by jon-el87; 11-12-2014 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jon-el87 View Post
    That was WGN America's Titans that changed to Outsiders.

The TNT series is still called Titans.

That was WGN America's Titans that changed to Outsiders.

The TNT series is still called Titans.
    Made an error when I wrote that post (corrected it now). I would've liked to see TNT blink first and call this show Outsiders (while changing it to a show about that team, instead of the Titans).

Madman With A Blue Box Austin 3:16's Avatar
    Dark Horizons and The Hollywood Reporter both saying its looking more and more possible like Steven R. McQueen may be playing Nightwing.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast