Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    ^ That's not what makes a Procedural a Procedural.

Stranger Than Reality! darkphoenix21's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
    ^ That's not what makes a Procedural a Procedural.
    Generally they are those types of show...they introduce a problem, investigate said problem and by episode's end its solved.

Madman With A Blue Box Austin 3:16's Avatar
    TNT reminds me of Syfy Jr. Not in a bad way just means that airing Smallville, Charmed, Falling Skies, Supernatural and formerly Angel along with some movies it feels like a version of Syfy. Im hoping that with Titans we will see more shows like Arrow and The Flash show up in rerun rotation on TNT.

Akiva Goldsman wrote the show. Does that mean theyre using his movie script from a couple yrs ago as source material for the tv show? I remember for the longest time the movie was in the works and he was writing it. Did they use his script as the bible for the new show?
    Last edited by Austin 3:16; 09-12-2014 at 09:08 PM.

The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar
    It's probably a new take... let's just hope he wasn't the bad part of Batman & Robin that made it so silly. I don't want silly Titans.

It's too bad the people who made Young Justice couldn't just write a live-action show. I'm still hopeful, though... it'd be cool to have this show on TNT, and who knows, maybe they'll get the rights to Arrow or Flash so that they can run with it. I just wish it was the same universe, since Arrow already had such great takes on Deathstroke and Arsenal... Brother Blood was also a Titans villain. To do new versions of them already would be kind of silly, too.

I said "silly" a lot in this post.

TNT has moved on a bit from procedurals for new stuff. Yeah, there's the ones that are like "____ & ____" type titles, but beyond Falling Skies, there's Dallas which is still one of TV's most famous primetime soaps, and Legends which is kind of like Human Target and is an action show, and Last Ship which was also an action drama with a few sci-fi elements. The landscape is changing over there, so maybe there will be a lot more like this.

Akiva has a lot of good movies and shows on his resume. I dont think he was the silly part of B&R. More than likely that was the director and a bunch of rewrites on his original take. I trust him and think he will do a good job on the show.

I wish it couldve been the folks behind Young Justice as well. Such a great show and i feel like it was just beginning to hit its peak when it ended.

Im hoping the pilot will be a 2 hr tv movie that shows Dick Grayson traveling the world ala Batman Begins recruiting others. Then at the end we see them finally come together and battle a villain like Dr. Light. Right as the battle begins cut to black and we hear Stay Tuned For Scenes From This Season On Titans. Then we see scenes like Beast Boy as an elephant charging, Starfire using her powers, Raven chanting mid battle, Cyborg being brought together and Nightwing using his staff to dodge bullets Smallville style with slomo.

If it's a 2 hour premiere, it'll probably just be two back to back episodes. TNT does that often; plus, a whole two hours instead of two splits is worth less when they stream to Netflix etc. Always better to have two episodes over just one.

I also don't think we'll be seeing Cyborg because of the movies

Oh yeah Craig. Forgot hes in B V S. They can show others though like maybe Roy's arrows or something like that.

Forum Regular The Krypton Knight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maasaloo View Post
    Batman would have to exist anyway for there to be a Nightwing. Without Bruce taking in Dick there would be no Robin ergo there would be no Nighrtwing.
    Yeah, obviously... however that doesn't necessarily mean we get to see or hear anything about Batman, besides maybe in the pilot. See: Birds Of Prey.

From what I gather, they will relax those rules for this series since, as you pointed out, Nightwing's backstory will require quite a bit of Bat-Mentions (lol).

You are not familiar w/ previous Bat-Embargo's?

http://dcanimated.wikia.com/wiki/Bat-embargo

Forum Regular The Krypton Knight's Avatar
    It's the reason that Smallville had to use "Adam Knight" as a Bruce Wayne/Batman stand-in.... I am just surprised that with the possibly biggest Batman (and Superman, though its easy to forget w/ all the Bat talk) movie ever coming out soon, that they would even let anyone mention Bats, let alone the amount that will likely be needed for a Nightwing centered show.

Posting Pro
    Would be great if this becomes a show but with all these DC shows now I'm not going to have any time to have a social life.
    I wouldn't be surprised if we do end up seeing Roy join the teem given that Arrow hasn't taken the Speedy version of the character for the show so there is still a good shot for it. In a few ways I think that this is the show that would be best one to link with the movies as it would allow for characters such as Superboy, Wonder Girl and Aqualad without having to explain where their respective senior counterparts are.

If Superboy is in there im gonna be one happy Superman Family fan!

Quote Originally Posted by The Krypton Knight View Post
    It's the reason that Smallville had to use "Adam Knight" as a Bruce Wayne/Batman stand-in.... I am just surprised that with the possibly biggest Batman (and Superman, though its easy to forget w/ all the Bat talk) movie ever coming out soon, that they would even let anyone mention Bats, let alone the amount that will likely be needed for a Nightwing centered show.
    Despite some teases, Adam Knight was never meant to be Bruce Wayne... there was a different plan for the character, yes, but it had nothing to do with Batman or Bat-lore. Somehow along the line that rumor ran away with itself, but no, not intentional.

I actually think they're fine with Batman being mentioned but never seen. At the time Dick Grayson hung out with the New Teen Titans, especially around the time he first became Nightwing, he and Batman weren't on the best of terms, which is a perfect reason not to have any crossover. It's not like Birds of Prey where it's all "he left town, LOL."

I'm enjoying the possibility of this series. Even if its a TNT series what's the possibility of this tying into "Gotham" (mostly) or "Arrow" o "Flash"; before anyone starts commenting it's all just fun speculation and fan-fiction. What if this series proceeds "Gotham"; the time period is ambiguous... what if Titans is similar?
    Last edited by darkphoenix21; 09-14-2014 at 02:03 PM.

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    WB owns TNT and co-owns the CW so it might be possible it could tie into Arrow and The Flash.

The producers of all four series (Arrow, Flash, Gotham and Constantine) said at comic con it is still possible for all the shows to be based in the same universe they just wouldn't be able to interact with each show.

Quote Originally Posted by Halberdier17 View Post
    WB owns TNT and co-owns the CW so it might be possible it could tie into Arrow and The Flash.

The producers of all four series (Arrow, Flash, Gotham and Constantine) said at comic con it is still possible for all the shows to be based in the same universe they just wouldn't be able to interact with each show.
    That's too bad, it would be a cool thing if they had some sort of cross-network crossover between all those shows.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast