Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar

Titans (DC Streaming 2018) - Original KSiteTV Thread

Sorry, Jeff, I totally deleted your thread because it was spelled wrong, and also I wanted to lead people to the Titans section at KSiteTV:

http://www.ksitetv.com/category/titans

Basically, Teen Titans TV series featuring Nightwing, Raven, Starfire, etc. Pilot is near at TNT. Article at that link.

Madman With A Blue Box Austin 3:16's Avatar
    I was just reading about this. I definitely hope this happens. This sounds like one of the best shows!

Stranger Than Reality! darkphoenix21's Avatar
    Awesome!!! It's incredible we will pretty much have a live action comic book TV series every day of the week And for a person who's never read a comic book, I am so excited for all these characters (some I know, most I don't know) to come to life. ITS THE AGE OF THE COMIC BOOK GEEk!!!

Banned
    All we need is Nightwing really.

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    I just read about this news. If it happens it is a great time to be a comic fan. It is also a great time to be a DC fan between Arrow, The Flash, Gotham, and Constantine.

Then there is also Preacher and iZombie on the way and possibly Supergirl, Titans, and DMZ.

The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar
    I keep forgetting that Preacher is heavily in development... maybe because it's no longer a Warner Bros. property, it slips my mind.

iZombie really disappoints me that they don't keep to the comic book story. It's really iZombie in name only.

Titans could be cool. So glad Nightwing is involved. Wish it was in the Arrow/Flash universe so Roy Harper could cross over.

Forum Regular The Krypton Knight's Avatar
    Very cool. And in the press release, they make specific mention of Batman as well. He won't be on the show, of course, but nods and mentions seem quite likely, surprisingly (no embargo w/ BvS going on).

Banned
    Batman would have to exist anyway for there to be a Nightwing. Without Bruce taking in Dick there would be no Robin ergo there would be no Nighrtwing.

The series, written by Akiva Goldsman...
    And there went my interest.

String Bikini Theory BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow's Avatar
    Uncanny X-Valley, Avengers World, Year 2099
    This (like everything else, really) has the potential to be so great. I wonder though how they'll display these characters visually. Namely Starfire and Beast Boy (who no doubt will be called Changeling instead). I hope they don't look completely human by default.

Also, what are Titans without the traitor storyline? Will we see Deathstroke in an adaptation of The Judas Contract?

The only strange thing about this series is TNT...not exactly the network you think of when it comes to comic book properties. When I think of TNT I think of mostly "crime procedurals with strong female leads". So maybe that will be the case with this series in some sense (especially with concern to the latter).

Quote Originally Posted by darkphoenix21 View Post
    The only strange thing about this series is TNT...not exactly the network you think of when it comes to comic book properties. When I think of TNT I think of mostly "crime procedurals with strong female leads". So maybe that will be the case with this series in some sense (especially with concern to the latter).
    TNT does air reruns of Smallville so they have some sort of fanbase. They also air reruns of Supernatural but that isn't a super hero series.

Quote Originally Posted by Halberdier17 View Post
    TNT does air reruns of Smallville so they have some sort of fanbase. They also air reruns of Supernatural but that isn't a super hero series.
    I was thinking more of the prime-time...they usually have procedurals. Besides "Falling Skies" (maybe 1 or 2 other series') TNT doesn't really do any other genre. They're the CBS of basic cable

Would Franklin and Bash be considered a procedural?

Quote Originally Posted by Halberdier17 View Post
    Would Franklin and Bash be considered a procedural?
    Yeah, I'd consider that a procedural...anything that centers on law enforcement, legislative body, or court of law
    Last edited by darkphoenix21; 09-12-2014 at 06:14 PM.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast