X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

Comment

This is a bit baffling but...in the second recast of Poison Ivy for the series, Peyton List, will take over the role, making her the third actress to play the character, following Maggie Geha and Clare Foley.

http://tvline.com/2017/10/30/gotham-...cast-season-4/

They obviously don’t know what to do with the character. I’m assuming that her age accelerates further.

Comment

Sucks for Maggie. She only got the part last year and she probably expected more than this.

I like Peyton List though. She might turn out a fun Ivy if they remove all the childish elements.
            Last edited by costas22; 10-30-2017, 02:55 PM.

Comment

So got some leaked info regarding the Gotham finale and upcoming events from a guy on Reddit who has been known to be accurate before. So don't read any further if you don't want spoilers.

Ok, the warning is over, here we go.

So this information is mostly focused on the Gotham 4x22 finale.

One of those is the final scene between Gordon and Bruce on the rooftop of the GCPD where Gordon lights up a spotlight. (not the bat signal) So here's the script on the finale scene.

Bruce looks at the spotlight

"The light. Your basically daring whatever is out there to come after you." Bruce.

"Let them come. There are still good people out there. They need to know we're here. Willing to fight." Gordon.

Bruce hears this. It makes him remember.

"I remember the night we met. You told me the world may seem dark..." Bruce.

"But there is light" Gordon.

The two of them turn, standing beside the spotlight, in the iconic image, looking out over the dark city.

End of script

For the other details, I managed to find out is apparently Jerome dies and his twin brother Jeremiah has basically become the new Joker.

In other script material that got leaked, I was able to figure out the following info

The Joker tortures Alfred, shoot Selina with having planted bombs all around the city which end up going off. The bridges are destroyed, the national guard is called in, parts of the city are completely overtaken by criminals and while unknown what causes it I'd say taking a wild guess it is the bombs that Jeremiah releases.

Oh, the Mayor and the Commissioner both die when one of the bombs go off.

Bruce and Jeremiah have a scene in the GCPD where they talk and based off the dialogue from the other characters if Bruce is in his vigilante gear, he is once again wearing no mask because other characters clearly know it is him.

Which in one of the scenes the Mayor and Commissioner right before they get blown up see Ras al Ghul alive and across the street. Which Jeremiah makes a reference to a, he as well so looks like Ras could be alive once more.

Also, there appears to be a cameo by Lady Shiva.

Here is the link to the script pages themselves https://friendofmanyfoeoffew.imgur.com/
              Last edited by Haggard01; 04-02-2018, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Supposedly the S4 finale will act like a reboot for the series...if or when the series gets renewed, S5 would look very different from the rest of the series; all this according to executive producer Danny Cannon.

”Like I said, the catastrophic event, the cataclysmic event that happens in the last three episodes not only will change Gotham, it not only combines so many characters that you don’t think will cooperate with each other, but it changes the face of Gotham forever, so that season five, it’s almost a reboot and a different show.”
                https://batman-news.com/2018/04/21/g...ot-the-series/

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                  Supposedly the S4 finale will act like a reboot for the series...if or when the series gets renewed, S5 would look very different from the rest of the series; all this according to executive producer Danny Cannon.

https://batman-news.com/2018/04/21/g...ot-the-series/
                  Good. I'm hoping we get a time jump for next season. 10 years or so should do it.

Comment

No one will *permanently* die of course...

A time jump would have been my preference too, but they will probably have to recast Bruce.

Comment

Executive producer John Stephens spoke with CBR and here' the interview

CBR: How much are you actually borrowing from the comic-book version of “No Man’s Land” for the finale?

John Stephens: Quite a bit. In terms of the cataclysmic event that causes “No Man’s Land,” we borrow half of it. Added to that is how it plays out in Season 5. Obviously, Batman is a huge part of that run in the comics. In our world, it’s going to be more about how the city gets divided up into the different sections, and how Jim and everyone navigates that world.

Where do the Sirens fit into the episode?

We are going to see the resolution of the Ra’s al Ghul/Barbara Kean storyline we have been building over the course of the year. They will be partnering with Penguin for a while as they find common cause as the old-guard gangsters of Gotham, as opposed to the new lunatics like Jeremiah. Also, Tabitha is going to become involved in the final attempt to cure Butch.

The Gotham finales never pull any punches. What are you excited for audiences to see in this one in particular?

Part of it is the idea that not everyone is going to survive. That’s always part of it, and they aren’t going to be regenerated. Seeing who is going to live and who is not going to live is always exciting. There is going to be at least one significant part of the Batman mythology introduced. I think you get to see some really incredible performances from our core cast. Cameron Monaghan does an unbelievable job as Jeremiah. I think he’s terrifying, and that adds one more facet to our version of the Joker.

Lee recently told Jim that he should basically be free from the shackles of the law. How deeply do those words resonate with him?

It resonates with the idea for us of planting the seed that is going to play out more in Season 5. We are building towards the idea of Season 5 essentially being No Man’s Land, our version of it from the books, in a place where the only law Jim is going to follow is going to be his decision of where the law is going to be. He’s always struggled where the line is going to be. We wanted to put him in the position where the line is only what you decide it is going to be. Lee’s words are going to be an echo that is going to reverberate as he pushes that line further and further back.

How are these circumstances going to further push Bruce and some of the other characters towards their destined alter egos?

In different ways. With Bruce, he’s forced to once again make a choice, after the cataclysm hits Gotham and it becomes No Man’s Land, to stay on to fight for the city. That sets him up for who he is going to be next year in Season 5, where he’s going to have to really learn to juggle different identities inside the city, and deal with the idea of wearing masks and which mask is the real mask.

For Jim, it’s going to set him up in a situation where the law is whatever comes out of his mouth, whatever he decides is the law. With Barbara, she steps forward and creates her little Amazonian side of Gotham, where no men are allowed. It’s going to set her up for a different trajectory next year.

The other one is Selina. Something huge happens to her in the last few episodes that sets her up for becoming quite a different character in Season 5 — I’d say a different side of who is going to be the eventual Catwoman that we haven’t seen.

Who is on your bucket list for villains next year?

There are a whole bunch of characters I want to see that I feel the viewers at large aren’t fully aware of, like Scarface or Ventriloquist. There’s a great dark version of that character somewhere out there who I would like to see come out. Some characters we know we want to see are Mother and Orphan. We want to see Lady Shiva. We are going to see all those characters in Season 5.

Comment

So new info on season from John Stephens who had this to say "I feel like we've given him a whole bunch of stuff. But next year, we have more elements of the persona to have him start to juggle. Like the idea of...we have him juggle multiple identities next year. And that's gonna cause its own problems and cause him to regress in other ways. So yeah, it's not a straight line, but I'm not that concerned about it. We're not breaking for the finish line of him being Batman."

What do you guys think?

Comment

I wonder if this interview was conducted before or after the decision was made to have only about 12 to 17 episodes in the final season...which won't begin airing until next February.

Comment

Just in from Spoiler TV is Gotham season 5 is coming back on March 15, 2018 and for only 10 episodes
                            Last edited by Haggard01; 05-27-2018, 03:43 PM.

Comment

That's disappointing. I was hoping they would at least get the show to 100 episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                                That's disappointing. I was hoping they would at least get the show to 100 episodes.
                                Yeah same here for thinking they would reach 100. Isn't them reaching 100 episodes like some part of syndication or something?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎