Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Forever (ABC)

The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar

Forever (ABC)

New show with an immortal character starring Ioan Gruffudd (Mr. Fantastic from the Fantastic Four and he was also on Ringer).

I really liked this one, and it's already available online before the premiere. Details:

http://www.ksitetv.com/forever/watch...ilot-now/37363

I wonder if they ever show what it looks like when he dies and disappears. His "son" must have seen it when he took the poison.

Do his clothes disappear as well or just his body?

He still had the scar from the pipe through his chest. Is it going to disappear over time? Otherwise he'd probably be totally scarred (I assume there was at least one beheading in his past already).

The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar
    I think his scar came from the first time he "died," so it'll always be there. Anything else that happens to him since, will have no scar. Maybe? Just a guess.

I guess you could be right. Didn't think about the bullet that also hit him there.

Stranger Than Reality! darkphoenix21's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KSiteTV View Post
    I think his scar came from the first time he "died," so it'll always be there. Anything else that happens to him since, will have no scar. Maybe? Just a guess.
    Could it be a part of his condition?...like it's not actually a scar, it's symbol from whoever or whatever is causing his immortality. We know he's not the only one.

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    I watched this and I got reminded of New Amsterdam which I liked but the only reason they aired it was because the writers strike.

I could see that that older guy he hung out with I figured he would be his son that was the plot twist in the first episode of New Amsterdam.

I did like the episode and I plan to watch other episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Halberdier17 View Post
    I could see that that older guy he hung out with I figured he would be his son that was the plot twist in the first episode of New Amsterdam.
    If anything they lifted that off directly from Highlander (the original movie). There we meet an older woman by the name of Rachel and over time we learn that Rachel was saved as a young girl by Connor MacLeod from ... the Nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Doena View Post
    If anything they lifted that off directly from Highlander (the original movie). There we meet an older woman by the name of Rachel and over time we learn that Rachel was saved as a young girl by Connor MacLeod from ... the Nazis.
    I must have missed that part of the movie all the times I watched Highlander.

Remember when Connor was shot by that Wehrmacht soldier protecting that little girl and then stands up again, disarming the man? The solder shouts something in German (Something like "that's impossible" or so) and Connor says "Whatever you say. You are the master race." and shoots him.

Remember when Connor was shot by that Wehrmacht soldier protecting that little girl and then stands up again, disarming the man? The solder shouts something in German (Something like "that's impossible" or so) and Connor says "Whatever you say. You are the master race." and shoots him.
    Just checked and it wasn't a Wehrmacht soldier but an SS officer.

It's at 1h 01m in the film.

And ironically he actually says "you have to shoot me first" in flawless German. By the sound of it the actor was probably a native speaker.

Attachment 16384

Attachment 16385

Thanks now I recognize that scene. It has been about 5 years since the last time I saw Highlander and I only ever saw it about 3 times.

Banned
    interesting show just watched the pilot today and it's decent. I'll keep my eye on it.

Just saw it. Not bad. They've obviously cannibalized elements from New Amsterdam and Highlander. But still I was entertained. Ioan is pretty good as the Immortal Man. I wonder if the villain will be Vandal Savage?

Of course it had to be a variation of the police procedural eh? Either that or a medical drama. Be it a person who sees ghosts or a futuristic setting with androids or a telepath or something about fairy tales.

BTW, given the protagonist's profession and powers of observation and deduction, I think they should reveal that he took on a Scottish identity called Joseph Bell at some point in the nineteenth century.

I guess you could be right. Didn't think about the bullet that also hit him there.
    I don't think it was the exact same place. He was shot in the chest (right where his heart is); the pipe went through a bit lower - the abdominal area. At least that's what it looked like to me. I agree with Craig: his body always heals perfectly from whatever kills him but that scar is always there as some sort of reminder of his first death.
    Last edited by Exedore; 09-06-2014 at 09:22 PM.

Banned
    I also got a Highlander rip off feel when it was revealed that the old man is the kid Henry found in World War 2. But that's okay you want to rip off good stuff not crap.

Does anyone know how long the series will be? I'd prefer it if it was a 12/13 episode season and not a 20+ one.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast