No announcement yet.

#4.3 Rocky Road

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #4.3 Rocky Road

some how i doubt this has anything to do with ice cream or weird al yankovic's song

It looks like Regina will not have to worry about Marian much longer....

In the episode “Rocky Road,” when a spell is cast on Marian which will ultimately and fatally freeze her heart, the townsfolk blame Elsa. But unbeknownst to anyone, the woman (Lost’s Elizabeth Mitchell) who runs the Any Given Sundae ice cream parlor has the same powers as Elsa, and is trying to frame her.

Elsewhere...

Emma and David find Will Scarlet (Once Upon a Time in Wonderland’s Michael Socha) rummaging through Robin Hood’s tent, Regina teams up with Henry to try and discover who the author of the fairytale book is, Mary Margaret struggles to balance her duties as leader of Storybrooke and mother to Prince Neal, and Hook begins to suspect that Mr. Gold is still in control of the dagger that calls upon him to be the Dark One.

http://tvline.com/2014/10/06/once-up...os-emma-knave/

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
      It looks like Regina will not have to worry about Marian much longer....

In the episode “Rocky Road,” when a spell is cast on Marian which will ultimately and fatally freeze her heart, the townsfolk blame Elsa. But unbeknownst to anyone, the woman (Lost’s Elizabeth Mitchell) who runs the Any Given Sundae ice cream parlor has the same powers as Elsa, and is trying to frame her.

Elsewhere...

Emma and David find Will Scarlet (Once Upon a Time in Wonderland’s Michael Socha) rummaging through Robin Hood’s tent, Regina teams up with Henry to try and discover who the author of the fairytale book is, Mary Margaret struggles to balance her duties as leader of Storybrooke and mother to Prince Neal, and Hook begins to suspect that Mr. Gold is still in control of the dagger that calls upon him to be the Dark One.

http://tvline.com/2014/10/06/once-up...os-emma-knave/
      Even though I was not a fan of the Marian character, I don't like the idea of them killing her off. I do like the idea of Regina and Henry teaming up. It is a nice change that his new mission is with her instead of Emma and I wonder if Henry will give it an "operation" name.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyGal
        Even though I was not a fan of the Marian character, I don't like the idea of them killing her off. I do like the idea of Regina and Henry teaming up. It is a nice change that his new mission is with her instead of Emma and I wonder if Henry will give it an "operation" name.
        I don't think they're killing her off that early. I mean, I know the actress is done filming, and her character is either finding a happily ever after elsewhere, or she is going to be killed off, but it seems a bit early in the game for them to do so, considering the whole "operation" with Regina trying to find who wrote the book is supposed to last the entire season.

If Marian is out of Regina's way that soon, why would she still be after the writer? Wasn't her entire motivation born from her trying to get her happy ending back? From what I've seen so far, it doesn't look like Robin wouldn't be willing to go back to Regina (given the proper amount of time, of course) with Marian dying and her death not being Regina's fault...

Unless, of course, Regina is the one not willing to resume their relationship, and she is focused, instead, on making sure she gets an alternative happy ending that doesn't involve Robin at all. And, to be honest, I could see that happening as well. Regina doesn't trust easily, and she doesn't let her walls down easily either. She did it for Robin, trusting he was soulmate and her happy ending, and, regardless if she does or not understand why he chose Marian, it doesn't change the fact she was deeply hurt by his choice. And telling her he had real feelings for her, and he was staying with his wife because of his honor didn't make it any easier.

But, still, my bet would be Marian and Robin staying together at least for a few more episodes before the inevitable break up or death. And yes, I do believe it is inevitable, because the actress is not filming any more for OUAT and according to a recent Sean's interview, he is filming OUAT till next April.
        Last edited by liana; 10-07-2014, 05:57 AM.

Comment

What would Marian dying have to do with Regina finding the book author? The reason she trying to find the author is because she thinks he or she is the root of her problems; it's about everything and everybody in her life. It's a means to an end.
          Last edited by darkphoenix21; 10-07-2014, 06:45 AM.

Comment

What would Marian dying have to do with Regina finding the book author? The reason she trying to find the author is because she thinks he or she is the root of her problems. It's a means to an end.
            So, you believe her and Robin getting back together wouldn't change her mind about her quest, considering their break up was the motivation behind it?
            Last edited by liana; 10-07-2014, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by liana
              So, you believe her and Robin getting back together wouldn't change her mind about her quest, considering their break up was the motivator behind it?
              No, because it's not just about her happy ending. It's about everything that's gone wrong in her life and everybody (Cora, Rumple, the Charmings) involved in it.

Comment

No, because it's not just about her happy ending. It's about everything that's gone wrong in her life and everybody (Cora, Rumple, the Charmings) involved in it.
                I didn't get the impression she was going to change all of her story. She was complaining that no matter what she did, the book only saw her one way: as a villain, therefore, not deserving a "happy ending". I think her quest will be about making sure this changes, and that villains are allowed to get happy endings as well.

Considering we know Henry is going to help her, and Lana Parilla said Regina will tell him everything, keeping nothing from him, it's a safe bet she doesn't plan to ruin anyone else's happiness to achieve her goal. She just wants to make sure she is allowed to be happy as well.

Comment

Originally posted by liana
                  I didn't get the impression she was going to change all of her story. She was complaining that no matter what she did, the book only saw her one way: as a villain, therefore, not deserving a "happy ending". I think her quest will be about making sure this changes, and that villains are allowed to get happy endings as well.

Considering we know Henry is going to help her, and Lana Parilla said Regina will tell him everything, keeping nothing from him, it's a safe bet she doesn't plan to ruin anyone else's happiness to achieve her goal. She just wants to make sure she is allowed to be happy as well.
                  ITA

In regards to Marian, my first reaction to reading that Marian's heart will be fatally frozen was this is too soon for her to die. But, if it is similar to Frozen, only an act of true love will save her. I don't think Robin will be capable of saving her. So if she does live, maybe it is her son who does it.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyGal
                    ITA

In regards to Marian, my first reaction to reading that Marian's heart will be fatally frozen was this is too soon for her to die. But, if it is similar to Frozen, only an act of true love will save her. I don't think Robin will be capable of saving her. So if she does live, maybe it is her son who does it.
                    Or possibly herself. In Frozen, Anna saved herself when she saved Elsa.

Comment

No need to turn your head Regina, that kiss isn't going to work.

Comment

Yeah...they're not going to "the kiss breaks the spell" thing for the umpteenth time; that would be poor writing and just lazy.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎