No announcement yet.

Aquaman (2018)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
    Any specific work he did, or just Johns overload?
    I didn't like Flash: Rebirth. I didn't like Superman: Secret Origin. I wasn't particularly impressed by Batman: Earth One. I hate his Justice League. And even though I have no idea how much or how little he was involved with the Green Lantern live-action film, I have it in my head that he's partially to blame for it turning into a trainwreck.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
      I didn't like Flash: Rebirth. I didn't like Superman: Secret Origin. I wasn't particularly impressed by Batman: Earth One. I hate his Justice League. And even though I have no idea how much or how little he was involved with the Green Lantern live-action film, I have it in my head that he's partially to blame for it turning into a trainwreck.
      How did Johns percolate to the top of the DC bureaucracy, does he gave really good interpersonal skills?

Which Earth One do you evaluate as having more merit?

Comment

Originally posted by DA_Champion
        How did Johns percolate to the top of the DC bureaucracy, does he gave really good interpersonal skills?

I guess he is hit or miss like most writers. I have friends who loved his work on Flash and the Green Lantern in the comics, especially the expansion of the Lantern corps.

Comment

I think Johns has paid his dues. His JSA run is considered to be phenominal (which I personnally liked from The Next Age forward).

This is the biggest: Geoff Johns made Green Lantern relevant again. He literally resurrected Hal Jordan from the dead, expanded the Green Lantern mythos, created new concepts like the Sinestro Corps. The War of Light theme pretty much made Green Lantern the centre point of the whole DC universe for a while.

Blackest Night (superheroes with zombies basically) was despite many flaws a great story. The fact it explained superhero resurrections within universe kinda made me slow clap my hands. Blackest Night also literally resurrected Aquaman which brings me to my next point.

Geoff Johns made Aquaman relevant again. What he started in Brightest Day he carried on to the New 52. It's not that Aquaman was never really lame or a bad character but Johns put the character back on everybody's radar.

Johns also wrote a more or less good Superman run which culminated in New Krypton (in the hands of other writers though). He also wrote for the Legion of Superheroes with Legion of Three Worlds being excellent.

And many more...

I don't really care for Johns' New 52 stuff that much but maybe it's because of the reboot in general and what that did to the DCU (namely making it DCnU). But his stories are generally liked and are popular. Not likely the best authority in helping with these movies but he's quite versatile. His foray into TV has been generally good too with pretty great Smallville episodes and now with Arrow (which I don't really care for). Overall Johns knows how to write a pretty entertaining story across different mediums but he's not writing any cerebral stuff like Grant Morrison or Jonathan Hickman.

Also, keep Johns away from Batman. We know this is what he really thinks:
          Last edited by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow; 08-19-2014, 02:06 AM.

Comment

GL: Rebirth, a lot of his GL stuff after that, and his JSA run were all excellent. I was very much on board the train at that point. He also did some Crisis stuff that I really loved. I see why he climbed the ladder, I'm just not happy with what he's done since he got there.

So far, Batman: Earth One feels almost entirely redundant and unnecessary to me. I don't think Superman: Earth One has accomplished everything it set out to accomplish, but I find it more interesting in some of the quieter moments.

Comment

Aquaman starring Jason Momoa for 2018.

Aloha to all my fans friends and family If u don't know Know u know. This kanaka maoli Is aquaman. Cheeehoooiooo

Comment

The internet is currently still recovering from the DC bombshell that broke this morning, outlining Warner Brothers' official slate of DC Comics films planned for release between 2016 and 2020. With that news came the announcements of solo films for Wonder Woman, the Suicide Squad, The Flash, Cyborg, Green Lantern, and Aquaman, as well as news that solo pics for Batman and Superman are on the way as well, despite not having release dates.

Rumor: The Aquaman movie will be based on the "The Trench" storyline in the New 52.

According to their sources, the Aquaman film will include characters like Aquaman’s wife Mera, his evil half-brother Orm, supervillain Black Manta, and The Trench. For those unfamiliar, the Trench were an underwater carnivorous race introduced in the New 52 Aquaman relaunch, dubbed Aquaman: The Trench and written by Geoff Johns.
                It is still subject to change because they are still writing the movie.

Comment

ZacK Snyder twitted this first photo of Jason Momoa as Aquaman with the tag line:

There is Only One True King

Last edited by darkphoenix21; 02-20-2015, 02:52 PM.

Comment

The design on Aquaman's left wrist is the same pattern that Jason Momoa has on his left arm. Jason Momoa said in an interview about his tattoo is that the shark teeth pattern is the symbol of his family. All of his male family members have the same pattern on their left arm.

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
                      The design on Aquaman's left wrist is the same pattern that Jason Momoa has on his left arm. Jason Momoa said in an interview about his tattoo is that the shark teeth pattern is the symbol of his family. All of his male family members have the same pattern on their left arm.
                      That's really cool.

Comment

If there's one thing Zack Snyder knows how to do... it's make people look completely badass. This is the movie he should be directing. Aquaman is perfect for Snyder.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                          If there's one thing Zack Snyder knows how to do... it's make people look completely badass. This is the movie he should be directing. Aquaman is perfect for Snyder.
                          I agree. I also hope that he makes Batman's fighting style closer to the comics/pre-Nolan movies. I love The Dark Knight trilogy but Batman doesn't elbow fight. On topic, I think the look Snyder chose for Aquaman is perfect, its just unfortunate that he probably won't be doing very much until his solo movie.

Comment

James Wan is reportedly the frontrunner to direct Aquaman.

I thought he was going to direct Shazam if he was going to direct a DC movie because he has a deal with New Line and he worked with the Rock on Furious 7.

Comment

James Wan has closed his deal to develop and direct Aquaman, Warner Bros.’ superhero movie that will star Jason Momoa and that is part of its DC Entertainment cinematic universe.

Comment

Eh.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎