Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Aquaman (2018)

Banned

Aquaman (2018)

The Hollywood Reporter has revealed that Warner Bros has hired screenwriters Will Beall (Gangster Squad) and Kurt Johnstad (300) to pen two separate scripts for an upcoming Aquaman film. The film will be one of the nine upcoming installments after Batman v. Superman that will help shape DC's Cinematic Universe. The film is being developed on dual tracks, meaning that two scripts will be written, one by Beall and one by Johnstad, but only the best version will move forward.

A week ago, Warner Bros announced nine upcoming DC projects, the earliest of which comes August 5, 2016, a few months after their most ambitious DC adventure, Batman v. Superman. Based on this news, there is a good chance Aquaman may take this spot. However, accounting for unforeseen issues, 2017 may be the better bet as WB already has two DC releases set for June 23 and November 17.

No definitive word on the cast yet, but Jason Momoa has been confirmed/rumored to be making a cameo as Arthur Curry/Aquaman in Batman v. Superman. He'll likely reprise the role in this solo adventure.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...writers-724966
    Last edited by WickedJenn; 07-22-2016 at 08:46 PM.

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    I'm happy that they are working on it but I wish they had a better reputation.

Banned
    I thought Gangster Squad was bad but the first 300 is a very good film and script wise it's a good one.

It's too bad they can't get Snyder to direct Aquaman. That's the kind of movie he would just destroy (in a good way).

Quote Originally Posted by Backward Galaxy View Post
    It's too bad they can't get Snyder to direct Aquaman. That's the kind of movie he would just destroy (in a good way).
    I wonder who they will get to direct the film.

Quote Originally Posted by maasaloo View Post
    I thought Gangster Squad was bad but the first 300 is a very good film and script wise it's a good one.
    The only reason I was feeling a little optimistic was because I loved the first 300. I didn't see the sequel yet.

Incurable Postaholic DA_Champion's Avatar
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Halberdier17 View Post
    The only reason I was feeling a little optimistic was because I loved the first 300. I didn't see the sequel yet.
    Did this guy write 300 or its mediocre sequel?

Banned
    I've only read two Aquaman arcs/stories in my life which are Throne of Atlantis and King Arthur. So I can't really say which stories they should adapt. But TOA is pretty epic. King Arthur was written by Dan Jurgens and it's about Arthur being pissed of at the surface dwellers and he want's revenge on a big scale.

Quote Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
    Did this guy write 300 or its mediocre sequel?
    Both.
    Last edited by maasaloo; 08-12-2014 at 07:29 PM.

That's surprising, I thought that the first 300 movie had much better dialogue.

It was also better written, it seemed, perhaps Frank Miller was more involved or simply more "in his prime". As an example, Xerxes is kind of pathetic in the second one.

Joke titles from commenters on Badass Digest

Justice League Deep
    Under the Justice League
    Sea of Justice
    Aquaman Depth Knight Rises
    Aquaman of Eel
    20,000 Justice Leagues Under the Sea
    Aquaman V the bends
    Aquaman Under Pressure

String Bikini Theory BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow's Avatar
    Uncanny X-Valley, Avengers World, Year 2099
    That's surprising, I thought that the first 300 movie had much better dialogue.

It was also better written, it seemed, perhaps Frank Miller was more involved or simply more "in his prime". As an example, Xerxes is kind of pathetic in the second one.
    The second movie was made from scratch while the first one was pretty much a word-for-word translation which is why it turned out so well along with Sin City.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow View Post
    The second movie was made from scratch while the first one was pretty much a word-for-word translation which is why it turned out so well along with Sin City.
    Well, the second movie is a mediocre screenplay in my opinion. There's some good in it, but it doesn't strike me as the work of a great unrecognised talent. They weren't able to replace the magic of Frank Miller, and that's on them.

We Will Avenge!!! darkphoenix21's Avatar
    Joke titles from commenters on Badass Digest

Justice League Deep
    Under the Justice League
    Sea of Justice
    Aquaman Depth Knight Rises
    Aquaman of Eel
    20,000 Justice Leagues Under the Sea
    Aquaman V the bends
    Aquaman Under Pressure

Justice League Deep sounds like an actual title; maybe for an animated movie.

Quote Originally Posted by darkphoenix21 View Post
    Justice League Deep sounds like an actual title; maybe for an animated movie.
    I hope for Aquaman they do something similar to Man of Steel and Dark Knight and do something like King of Atlantis or something like that.

We Will Avenge!!! darkphoenix21's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Halberdier17 View Post
    I hope for Aquaman they do something similar to Man of Steel and Dark Knight and do something like King of Atlantis or something like that.
    Well those are alternative names they've been called...so question is: what if any are Aquaman's alternative names?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast