Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC Movie Slate

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to see the WB event films turn out to be crossovers of its various franchises. Who wouldn't want to see a live action version of the old Batman/Scooby Doo team-ups?

Comment

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
      I'd like to see the WB event films turn out to be crossovers of its various franchises. Who wouldn't want to see a live action version of the old Batman/Scooby Doo team-ups?
      You laugh, but I think something similar might be coming at some point. Maybe not soon, but the next step after superhero crossovers is the more random crossover. It's already happening in video games and comic books.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
        You laugh, but I think something similar might be coming at some point. Maybe not soon, but the next step after superhero crossovers is the more random crossover. It's already happening in video games and comic books.
        I've lost touch with video games a long time ago, butI I remember enjoying the Marvel vs Capcom fighting games.

Comment

Hey, if Howard the Duck can appear in the MCU, then anything can happen! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by The Krypton Knight
            Hey, if Howard the Duck can appear in the MCU, then anything can happen! LOL!
            I would like an Ambush Bug movie but that would have to be if DC is successful since it it would be like Deadpool but without any actual combat skill. His only power besides knowing he is a fictional character is teleportation.

Comment

I wonder if we'll have a Howard the Duck movie before we have a CBM with a female or minority lead?

Comment

Fellman says that some of those untitled DC movies should begin to be announced later this month—Shazam?—and that the first real Justice League adventure might be closer than you think. Might they build on the momentum of Dawn of Justice in 2016 with a quick sequel incorporating more classic characters, rather than waiting the traditional two or three years?
                WB explains why they moved the release date of Dawn of Justice and they will release names of some of the titles this month.

Comment

Originally posted by DA_Champion
                  I wonder if we'll have a Howard the Duck movie before we have a CBM with a female or minority lead?
                  Halle Berry's Catwoman says 'hi'.

Comment

I'd legitimately like to see that. Also, Flash races Road Runner. Yosemite Sam becomes a Red Lantern. Catwoman acquires Tom and Sylvester as pets. Deadshot teaches Elmer Fudd how to aim. The possibilities are endless, even limited to four franchises.

Comment

I was thinking more:

Plastic-Man joins the crew from The Hangover.
                      Sherlock Holmes vs. Batman
                      Wonder Woman and the Clash of the Titans
                      Superman vs. Terminator
                      Flash and Harry Potter team-up movie to discover the real meaning behind that stupid zig-zag thing

Comment

Endless, right?

Comment

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
                          Endless, right?
                          Disney's got the better toys, though.

Comment

Originally posted by DA_Champion
                            Maybe I am misunderstanding the context here. We did get a Howard the Duck film in the 1980s. I don't recommend watching it ever. The people behind that movie understood nothing about why people cared about the existential contemplative duck.

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny
                              Maybe I am misunderstanding the context here. We did get a Howard the Duck film in the 1980s. I don't recommend watching it ever. The people behind that movie understood nothing about why people cared about the existential contemplative duck.
                              We also had super girl in the 1980s. I'm talking about the curent cycle.

Fact is, as much as some of us are misguided in loving WB and Disney, they are large corporations interested in one thing only: tomorrow's bottom line. They make movies based on perceived risk and reward. If they're not making Wonder Woman or Ms. Marvel, it's because they think it won't make money because people are not interested in watching that. A lot of people have acknowledged that Hollywood has a woman problem, most movie tickets are sold to men, 70% of speaking roles are men, 100% of lead-superheroes in the past five years are men, etc.

At least in terms of minority castings we've had Blade and Hancock, which unlike Catwoman, are not total garbage. Notice also that "minority" means black males. In The Winter Soldier and Man of Steel, 2 of the top-12 cast members are minorities, exceptional among modern CBMs. And all 4 of those minorities between the two films are black males ... though Alessandro Juliani might count, I don't remember his rank in MoS.

Comment

I think with movies like Lucy beating out movies like Hercules at the box office, plus the huge female audience percentage that Guardians drew (44%, from what I read), that the stigma of women not being able to generate money at the box office is wearing off...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎