Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

#10.05 "Fan Fiction"

any scoop about supernatural, please? –6spike
    fresh from tca, show boss jeremy carver tells us that episode 5, the series’ 200th, will be titled “fan fiction,” a meta bit of fun written by robbie thompson.

http://www.eonline.com/news/561209/s...d=tweol-manual

The CW hit is tackling a major first in Season 10: At the 2014 Summer TCA Press Tour, showrunner Jeremy Carver revealed to E! News that Supernatural's 200th episode will be something of a "musical-ish" episode, which the longrunning series has never done. Feel free to take a moment to bask in the sheer awesomeness of this idea.

"I think it'll be one of the more amusing and engaging episodes we've done in a while. I think we can safely call this a meta episode," Carver previewed of the milestone outing, which will be the fifth episode of the new season. "We're going pretty meta. I would just describe it as something of a love letter to our fans and there will be songs."

Of course, we had some immediate follow-up questions:
    Are Jensen and Jared singing? "I cannot comment any further than that. [Laughs.]"
    Will there be dancing? "Potentially."
    Is it just one song? "There will be more than one song."
    Will they be original songs or covers? "There will be a little of both. It's just going to be real fun and it's a real celebration of the show and particularly the fans of the show."

I have died and gone to heaven....(well, I guess I would have if the doors were open again).....all kinds of wacky ideas just went whirling around in my mind.....what songs? Singing? Dancing? Thank you God.....

Dance with the devil you knooow or your death will be slooow

Forum Whiz
    This sounds amazing. Would love to hear Sam and Dean sing "Carry On My Wayward Son". I think that's what it's called...

1000 More To Go!! Welling_is_pretty's Avatar
    When I heard the title I was dubious. Then I read the spoilers about it being the long-awaited musical episode (fans have only been begging for years!) and...I remain somewhat dubious. It's so easy to go wrong with such a thing but if done right...? This could be epic!

So I guess I'm cautiously optimistic?

They have done meta episodes before that are among the best of the series. I am also of the opinion that Jensen and Jared who are 100% dedicated to this show and its quality (others too in fact) that I doubt they would be on-board with anything less than epic as far as this milestone of an episode. Also when Hunter Heroici was being spoiled, I know I thought there would be more cartoons like in Roger Rabbit, but I thought the episode a great one. The writers were using "-ish" a lot then as well..."musical-ish" could mean anything. I'm excited for it.

Agreed. All of their meta episodes have been the best episodes of the series, imo. I am not worried at all about the 200th, as long as Robbie Thompson, who'll be writing it, doesn't make any silly, inconsistent mistakes as he's done in the past episodes he's written.

What can you tell me about the 200th episode that's coming up this season? That's a huge milestone to hit!

Yeah, it's awesome. The episode will be very meta. It's a pure shout-out and thank you to the fans. I haven't had the chance to read it yet but I've heard it's almost similar to our "The Real Ghostbusters" episode. We're not at a convention but we're at a place where they're doing a play based on the Chuck Shurley books. So not only are these books based on our lives, now people are doing a play based on these books, and someone is haunting it, so we go and try to investigate what's going on at this play, based on the books about our lives. It's certainly a direct shout-out to the fans and a thank you for their years of commitment to us. They are the reason we're here. I can't wait to read it!
    http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/supernat...n_dean-2014-07

I can't stop laughing.....this is going to be unbelievably awesome. That episode was one of my favorites.....

Ooooh!!!! Awesome opportunity to get CHUCK back!!! EVERYBODY BACK!!!

Oh man, that sounds so hilarious, lol.

I wonder which book they've decided to do a play on?

Wow.....not only which book, but who is haunting it? My brain just blew up....

I trust that they know what they're doing because the French Mistake was kind of meta within the general story arc, as was Changing Channels, but this season is so much darker and more powerful than those seasons so to have such a HUGE meta episode as early as #5 is going to be a challenge....I would think Dean would have to be "cured" by then....sadly, Crowley was not really in the Chuck Gospel. Cas was.....

With the focus being on demons, I can only think that Azazel or Lilith would be at least mentioned (demon chorus line anyone?)

Boom, there went the brain again.

I kinda feel like, whatever book they use, it will be sometime around seasons one through three, because the books stopped publishing after "No Rest for the Wicked", right? And later, it seemed like the books were just sent to the "interwebs" since that's where Charlie said she read all of them.

I also wouldn't mind a play, in a supreme meta fashion, of going through all of the stories from Chuck, and not based on just one book.

1000 More To Go!! Welling_is_pretty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSheltie View Post
    They have done meta episodes before that are among the best of the series
    Quote Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
    All of their meta episodes have been the best episodes of the series, imo.
    I've never liked the meta episodes that much myself. I know they are very popular among fans but I've never cared for them. However, the "musical-ish" part of it sounds cool and, as I said, if done right could be a lot of fun.

Georgia Beaty has been cast as "Wendigo/Yellow-Eyed Demon".

Now, don't go all crazy about this…obviously, Georgia is playing as an actress who is playing as the Wendigo and the Yellow-Eyed Demon. It's funny, too, because with Azazel being a male, I could see this irking fanboys and girls alike, which would only make sense seeing how Supernatural pokes some fun at their fans too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast