Collapse
No announcement yet.

#10.01 "Soul Survivor"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Soul Survivor" seems to be the title for the third episode, but this episode title may be called "Black".

Comment

Comment

Okay, I can get into that I suppose, as long as it's played for some laughs. I have always thought that Dean and Crowley do make for a good buddy comedy

Some people were tweeting that Sam and Cas already know how to cure Dean, as in the trials, but Dean is not a normal demon. Somebody also mentioned that Lucifer actually might be the only one who could potentially cure him. And THAT would be EPIC....

I am hoping for some really good spoilers after next weekend.....

Comment

yeah man bring back Lucifer didn't Mark's show get cancelled anyway? He should have time now :-) It wouldn't be the same without him

sooo lookin forward to Crowley and Dean causing a little havoc haha
          Last edited by taftvalue; 07-18-2014, 03:13 PM.

Comment

I guess I'm in the little boat all by myself that is actually fine if Michael or Lucifer never show up. It'll be cool if they did, don't get me wrong, but I feel like if the archangels, or even just one of them, ever show up, it'll feel like SPN will be out of ideas. The boys took down the Apocalypse, and there's really no other reason TO see them again, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
              I guess I'm in the little boat all by myself that is actually fine if Michael or Lucifer never show up. It'll be cool if they did, don't get me wrong, but I feel like if the archangels, or even just one of them, ever show up, it'll feel like SPN will be out of ideas. The boys took down the Apocalypse, and there's really no other reason TO see them again, imo.
              I would be fine if they never showed up again too. It's just I have this little ending in my head and well Lucifer still has a role to play in it :P Michael can stay in the cage for all I care though.

Comment

Originally posted by taftvalue
                didn't Mark's show get cancelled anyway?
                Mark's show The Tomorrow People was canceled but he already has a new show. He's been signed on a regular of a show that will be airing on A&E.

So don't think he's going to be available to be Lucifer anytime soon...

Comment

It's all on the timing of the two shows. Mark was doing the Tomorrow People and also appeared in Being Human for more than a few episodes. They filmed at different times of the year, so it was possible.

Comment

The Winchesters are going down some very dark roads. When The CW‘s Supernatural returns this fall (on Tuesday, Oct. 7), Dean will be a demon — and not a very nice one, executive producer Jeremy Carver tells TVLine. RELATED Supernatural Stars, Boss Talk Series’ Endless Future The newly minted fiend will also be MIA, leading […]

The Winchesters are going down some very dark roads.

When The CW’s
                    Supernatural returns this fall (on Tuesday, Oct. 7), Dean will be a demon — and not a very nice one, executive producer Jeremy Carver tells TVLine.

The newly minted fiend will also be MIA, leading Sam on his own unsavory journey as he attempts to find his missing brother. So just how bad will things get? Let’s just say viewers may be left wondering, “Which one of these guys is the true monster?” the EP reveals.

TVLINE | You’ve had instances where the boys were possessed, but now Dean’s fully a demon. What made you decided now was the time to pull the trigger and go down that avenue?
                    Dean being a demon here ties into a deeper mythology in the show, that being the Mark of Cain and Cain. That’s really one of the places we started to get the idea. The show has made a point of saying how rooted these brothers are in, frankly, the mythology of the world, and to find another anchor that was literally around at the beginning of time made us feel like… It wasn’t so much the spectacular effect or whatever of Dean being a demon. It’s more just rooting him in something more final, something that will not necessarily totally go away even when/if he’s converted back from demonism.

TVLINE | Dean as a demon, how is that different from Dean just being possessed by a demon temporarily? What is he like?
                    Dean is not possessed by anything. It’s his own soul that’s been twisted into a demon soul, so this demon is not anyone other than Dean. So every thought, every action, that’s Dean, as opposed to some other demon possessing him. So while he’s a demon, that causes some complication of thought in him in that, “This is really me doing it.” It also motivates a certain bravado. “Yeah, this is me doing and owning it!” There’s a real period for Dean of deciding how dark he’s going to be and what kind of demon he’s going to be, because he can’t blame it on anyone else but himself. And then afterwards is when it will have the most effect on him because it was him. It was his actions that led him to becoming a demon. He pushed it with the Mark. He pushed Sammy away at the end of last season. He said, “I can do this by myself.” So there’s a certain consequence to all this that is almost more interesting to us than the actual demon part.

TVLINE | Does it intensify some of his bad qualities? He’s not a bad person, but he has qualities like all of us that we’re not proud of.
                    Yes. I don’t think demon Dean is the nicest fellow around the block. And that’s by design. He’s not intended to be a particularly nice guy and that’s one of the things he struggles with. He knows how he’s acting. Sometimes, he’ll fight against that in odd ways. That’s the real conflict that’s within him right now when he’s a demon. Because it is him. He’s not unaware of what he’s doing. And although his soul is twisted, he is not without a certain amount of self-examination.

TVLINE | What does that mean for his relationship with Sam?

Their relationship very much ended on an up note last year. So as a sort of answer to the beginning of Season 8, when Sam actively didn’t look for his brother, Sam this year is really looking for his brother but doesn’t have any idea of what happened to him when the season starts. Sam is so invested in finding his brother that it leads him to do some questionable things that will make him and, certainly, the audience wonder which one of these guys is the true monster.

TVLINE | So are you picking up right where you left off, or is there a bit of a time jump?
                    No, there’s a bit of a time jump. Not too long, just enough for Dean to have made some waves as a demon.

TVLINE | Mark Sheppard is now a series regular, so how does Crowley fit into the picture and what is his role in Dean’s new life?
                    That’s very much a topic of where we start the show. Crowley, as we see at the end of Season 9, is very excited about the idea of essentially howling at the moon with his new buddy Dean. We’ll see in Episode 1 that Crowley has slightly different designs to get that and will be proposing a business relationship, which Dean may or may not accept. That’s the subject of the first run of episodes — what is their relationship going to be?

TVLINE | And what can you say about Castiel’s story? Is he still in Heaven trying to manage things?
                    No. When we pick up Castiel, he will be on Earth. He will be alone for reasons that are explained, but not alone for too long, and he will be very much in a similar place where we last saw him in that he still has the stolen grace, still fading. He’s still in danger of death. The moral question for Castiel is, “How do I stay alive? How do I not be a burden on others [like] Sam, who’s got his own problems? How do I get grace to live without taking another angel’s grace?” So he’s in a bit of a quandary.
                    Last edited by Anno_Domini; 07-21-2014, 12:01 PM.

Comment

I'm wondering if Sam doesn't go back to demon blood. He might feel he needs it to amp himself up to be able to fight Demon Dean. I can also see him trying to find Lucifer. The key bit of intel here is the Mark of Cain and Cain and Abe being a big part of the mythology. Now, Cain did say that he killed Abel to allow him to go to Heaven, which in turn turned him into a demon. Lucifer's doing (yeah yeah I know)....and Cain did say he wanted Dean to kill him after he killed Abbadon. Sam wasn't there during that conversation, but he might know this and then try to find Cain to get him to take the mark back. I'm still guessing that after the Crowley/Dean "honeymoon" Dean is trying to be King and that would send Crowley back to Moose.

With episode 5 being the Musical (-ish) episode I am thinking that Demon Dean is "healed" by then. Hard to see how they could do such a fun meta episode while Dean was being more bad-ass than Crowley ever was....

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSheltie
                        I'm wondering if Sam doesn't go back to demon blood. He might feel he needs it to amp himself up to be able to fight Demon Dean. I can also see him trying to find Lucifer. The key bit of intel here is the Mark of Cain and Cain and Abe being a big part of the mythology. Now, Cain did say that he killed Abel to allow him to go to Heaven, which in turn turned him into a demon. Lucifer's doing (yeah yeah I know)....and Cain did say he wanted Dean to kill him after he killed Abbadon. Sam wasn't there during that conversation, but he might know this and then try to find Cain to get him to take the mark back. I'm still guessing that after the Crowley/Dean "honeymoon" Dean is trying to be King and that would send Crowley back to Moose.

With episode 5 being the Musical (-ish) episode I am thinking that Demon Dean is "healed" by then. Hard to see how they could do such a fun meta episode while Dean was being more bad-ass than Crowley ever was....
                        you had me at find Lucifer

on a more serious note: I really wonder how they're gonna cure Dean, I mean injecting him purified blood should work, I take it? Then again IF he turns out to be a Knight of Hell it may not work and I'm pretty sure he'll be a Knight. I'd love Sam snacking on demon blood again and then they both could go bad haha
                        Last edited by taftvalue; 07-22-2014, 06:23 AM.

Comment

With "Supernatural" Season 10 fast approaching -- but not fast enough, let's be honest -- Zap2it got the chance to sit down with executive producer Jeremy Carver after the "Supernatural" panel at the 2014 Summer TV Press Tour on Friday (July 18) to try and squeeze all the scoop we could get out of him about Demon Dean, Sam's hunt for his "missing" brother, Castiel, Crowley, and much, much more.

Thankfully, Carver was game to talk about all things Season 10, including the upcoming 200th episode. Check out our full Q&A with the "Supernatural" boss below:

Zap2it: During the "Supernatural" panel earlier, you made a comment about how Demon Dean is not going to be quite what we expect him to be. Can you elaborate on that a little more?

Jeremy Carver: This is the first time that we're going to see Dean as a demon. It's not a demon possessing Dean, it's still Dean's soul, but just twisted. In that way, every decision made is Dean's. So as dark or as evil or whatnot that Demon Dean might be or what you might expect him to be, there's still Dean there. There's a self-awareness. Let me put it this way: Dean is not unaware of the thing that he's become.

Where will we pick up when Season 10 premieres? Is there going to be a time jump or will it begin immediately after the Season 9 finale ended?

There will be a slight time jump of about four to six months. It's enough for Dean to start to settle into being demon. It's enough for Sam to cause some real problems in his search for Dean. By problems, I mean that he's hellbent on finding his brother, and he doesn't know what his brother has become. He will go to such great depths to find his brother that when they finally do cross paths, it's going to be a real question of which brother is the true monster?

So we aren't going to miss the moment that Sam finds out that Dean is a demon? That won't happen in the months we're going to skip?

You are not going to miss that moment. That did not happen offscreen, while we were on hiatus. I promise, you will be there when that happens. [laughs]

Good to hear! What can you tell me about this mysterious other character that is also on the hunt for Dean in addition to Sam hunting his brother?

Well, I can tell you that he's kind of cool and his name is Cole. He is someone from Dean's past who is looking for Dean for reasons totally unrelated to what's going on with the demon/Mark of Cain story. He's a guy that has a terrific amount of hunting skills but he's not a hunter in our sense of the word. He has no idea that the monster world exists so imagine his surprise when he comes across the man he's been hunting and he is something other than human. He's a pretty cool character.

Have you cast that character yet?

Yes, but we're not announcing it yet.

How is Demon Dean's new supernatural status going to affect his growing relationship with Crowley?

Where we left off, Crowley was very much in the mind that these two would basically go on one long pub crawl. That's where Crowley was emotionally, but Dean has different ideas. That's pretty much where we'll pick up. I think it will become very clear that Crowley has certain designs for Dean and one of the central conflicts of the season is, is he going to take up the offer that Crowley has made him? Their relationship will be tested in the early episodes of the season.

This is the first time both Misha Collins (Castiel) and Mark Sheppard (Crowley) have been series regulars at the same time, so it that going to change the show in any way?

I think it will change it for the good. We've got them each for a few more episodes than we have before so now we have the opportunity to give them a few more stories of their own. The show has always orbited around Sam and Dean but one of the secrets of our show is that the supporting characters generally bounce around whatever the brothers are doing. But Misha and Mark have both come into their own in ways that we saw last year that really support standalone stories of their own. So we'll be seeing some more of that coming up.

When we last saw Castiel, he was up in heaven with a fading grace, and Metatron was in jail, so what can you tell me about the situation in heaven when we come back for Season 10?

The situation in heaven is relatively stable. And the situation in hell is also relatively stable. I think that's going to give a false sense of calm to, certainly, Sam and Dean, as well as some of our other players. So the mythology this year will sneak up on you a little bit more than it has in previous years. We're building up the season-long mythology right from the jump but we don't necessarily come right out and announce it like we have in seasons past, like how Season 8 was about the tablets. It's a bit of a slower build this year. I think that potentially will give it a bigger impact.

Interesting. So is Cas still up in Heaven even though things are, as you said, "relatively stable?"

No. Castiel is actually going to be on Earth at the start of the season, and he's still dealing with his stolen grace that's fading. He's got to try and figure out a way to stay alive that doesn't involve stealing another angel's grace. That's where we'll find him at the beginning.

I loved the moment in the Season 9 finale when Dean told Sam, "I'm proud of us," and the brothers finally got back to a good place with each other after a season of fighting and uncomfortable friction. Are we going to be back in square one now that Dean's a demon, or is there a chance for that goodwill to carry over regardless of Dean being a demon?

No. Absolutely, everything that happened at the end of Season 9 will carry over into Sam's relentless pursuit of his brother and to save his brother, as opposed to Season 8 when he didn't even look for him, you know? It's all built off that moment in the Season 9 finale, that reconciliation that happened. We're going back to the basics. There's always some friction among the brothers but I would say the relationship is in a good place.

I can't tell you how relieved I am to hear that. This season is also going to feature the milestone of reaching 200 episodes, which is amazing. What are you most excited for fans to see from the 200th episode?

What I'm most excited for fans to see, I can't say yet. That's a tricky question. [laughs] That's a good question. It's going to be meta, and there will be songs. I'm most excited for the fans to hopefully embrace how it's something of a thank you and love letter, in the self-loathing, sarcastic, "Supernatural" way that we approach everything like the 200th episode. Have fun with that one! [laughs]
                          Last edited by Anno_Domini; 07-22-2014, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by taftvalue
                            I'd love Sam snacking on demon blood again and then they both could go bad haha
                            This has been something I've been thinking of recently. With Carver talking about how the audience will wonder who would be the real monster once Sam does find Dean, I wonder if Sam would actually go as far as to drink up some demon blood to make this search faster. I would hope that his search leads him right to demons, because if Crowley left with Dean, sulfur should have stuck around in Dean's room, which should have given Sam a clue. It would be quite interesting to see a Sam with demon blood flowing in him again, and possibly turn into a demon himself(as he once did earlier when breaking the final seal) going up against an "upgraded" Knight of Hell in the form of Dean.

I honestly don't think Lucifer will be playing in this, and I honestly don't want him too, because this situation could be so much more interesting without having to bring in past characters that could rise for past situations(such as, if Lucifer ever stepped out of his cage, there will be a looming thought of "Well, where's Jesse now?"). If anything, I think we should get a different kind of Apocalypse, if Carver's run is gearing towards such, like a more demonic Apocalypse that doesn't call for Lucifer.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
                              This has been something I've been thinking of recently. With Carver talking about how the audience will wonder who would be the real monster once Sam does find Dean, I wonder if Sam would actually go as far as to drink up some demon blood to make this search faster. I would hope that his search leads him right to demons, because if Crowley left with Dean, sulfur should have stuck around in Dean's room, which should have given Sam a clue. It would be quite interesting to see a Sam with demon blood flowing in him again, and possibly turn into a demon himself(as he once did earlier when breaking the final seal) going up against an "upgraded" Knight of Hell in the form of Dean.

I honestly don't think Lucifer will be playing in this, and I honestly don't want him too, because this situation could be so much more interesting without having to bring in past characters that could rise for past situations(such as, if Lucifer ever stepped out of his cage, there will be a looming thought of "Well, where's Jesse now?"). If anything, I think we should get a different kind of Apocalypse, if Carver's run is gearing towards such, like a more demonic Apocalypse that doesn't call for Lucifer.
                              regarding this demonic apocalypse I have a weird idea or fan faction or whatever you wanna call it, but I could definitely see something like that come true, maybe.

What if Lucifer originally intended to have the Knights of Hell trigger the Apocalypse and had to come up with a plan b because of Cain's betrayal. I mean think about it. Why create those awesome powerhouse demons if not for the sake of eventually releasing him? All that Special Children stuff and Azazel's involvement happened to ensure two things: create something strong enough to kill Lilith and find a suitable vessel for Lucifer himself. Okay the latter would have been necessary even if the Knights had destroyed Lilith and thus unleashed the Apocalypse, but killing Lilith might have been something the Knights could have done. My point is, ever since the introduction of the Knights of Hell, things have become unclear. What was their purpose? Just how strong are they? What if they were the true ARMY of Hell? Common demons are weak, only the oldest ones can fight Angels but never kill them. Cain on the other hand seems capable of doing just that. It's a bit far-fetched, but I think the other Knights were able to do the same. Then again Abaddon fled from 'Ezekiel' which kinda wouldn't make sense then. On the other hand in the past you guys told me she was somehow wounded and recovering, I still don't know what you meant, but let's go with that.

Ok enough of the things that might have been or should have been.

Assuming Knights of Hell are the tough sons of *****es I think they are, this leads me to my actual question. What if Dean goes really really really bad, makes more Knights of Hell, declares war upon Heaven and Earth and boom we have this demonic Apocalypse. Only this time it's not a one man show, this time it is a real army, capable of killing angels and Earth becomes a war-torn battlefield, as the forces of Heaven clash with the forces of Hell. And well this army would essentially be unstoppable, because the only things that can kill a Knight are the First blade, Archangels, God, Death and possibly the Leviathans and maybe the Colt. This fact might lead us to the next plotline. If Earth and humanity are to be saved, we'll need the Archangels or an Archangel, maybe Gabriel, remember he was stated to be alive . But I'd be totally content with another option to beat them, Archangels just seem like the most obvious solution.
                              Last edited by taftvalue; 07-22-2014, 12:17 PM.

Comment

I think we all have to take a step back as well and realize that everything post killing Abbadon can be reset due to Crowley's son being loose. Just a thought. I wouldn't put it past these particular writers using that convenient reset button if they somehow write themselves into a corner.
                                Last edited by waynedeath1047; 07-24-2014, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎