14 28.00%

6 12.00%

3 6.00%

2 4.00%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - I wish Barry never woke up from his coma.

0 0%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Forum Regular
    With Arrow and Gotham, I think Flash nicely rounds out the superhero shows I'll be watching.

SPOILERS BELOW

It seems like they jumped headfirst into the fluffy potential love triangles it took Arrow a season to flesh out. I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

I don't know a lot about the Flash story other than the show from the 90s (back when he could have never cracked an ATM PIN code that fast because he was moving faster than the computer could process), so I don't know who the potential villains and alliances are. But the end was a big WTH moment for me. I was getting villainous vibes from him but didn't expect such a big one to surface in the pilot.

Oh, and did anyone notice that the actor playing Barry's father played the Flash in 1990?
    Last edited by Stardelphia; 10-08-2014 at 04:36 PM.

Good but given the hype & seeing 3(?) characters on ARROW previously I was expecting less of a "pilot" feel, whatever that means. LOL. I am excited to see more. Oh! I didn't like weather dude he felt generic I wish we got someone more interesting.

LOVED IT! It was everything I wanted it to be and exactly what it needed to be!

The only real nitpick I had was with the writing/editing in certain spots. I know there was a time jump in the beginning of the episode (when Barry went to Starling City in Arrow season 2) and things just seemed very disconnect. In one scene, Detective West was telling Barry and Iris to go see the particle accelerator and in the next Barry returns from Starling? At first, I got the impression that the scene with West, Iris and Barry in Barry's apartment happened the same day as the particle accelerated being turned on (Iris rushing Barry to go see it) and but then the device was turned on a few days later? Anyone have an answer to that? Another time was after Barry talked to Iris after he woken up from his coma. Right after that scene, Barry had his first experience with super speed and ran into the back of the truck. Coming back from commercial break he's back with the Star Labs team testing out his super speed on the Ferris Air runway. I felt like there should have been a scene in-between where Barry talks with Dr. Wells and the team about testing his powers.

Besides that, the pilot was great. Since there was so much going on, it felt rushed at times but it's also a pilot and they have to do a lot of introducing in this episode. Here's my favorite moments:

*The flashbacks were well done and placed. I liked seeing young Barry and the moment his Mom died.
    *Special Effects were excellent. I had the buy the episode afterwards in HD just to see how it would look and it didn't disappoint!
    *Grant Gustin makes a perfect Barry Allen. He's a little young but that's okay he's supposed to be at the beginning of his time as Flash.
    *The moment between Barry and his dad was very touching.
    *At first I thought it was a little cheesy but the scene between Barry and Ollie in Starling City was cool. (It was cool also to see Barry on the Arrow season 3 premiere tonight!)
    *The villain was a cool one episode villain.
    *The Gorilla Grodd tease.......please oh please let this happen!!
    *The ending was a little mind-blowing...

9/10 (minus one for the disconnected beginning)

The events leading up to Barry's transformation were clearly meant to take place during Three Ghosts after Barry left Starling, and were just as clearly a retcon from the way things were portrayed in that episode.

Posting Pro KneelBeforeSmallville's Avatar
    Overall I enjoyed the Pilot.

Love the style and tone of the show. Something that was slightly turning me off on Arrow was the Nolanized darkness of everything but flash has a breathe of fresh air, I liked the bits of comedy thrown in. Grants really good too, I was pleasantly surprised by the heartfelt stuff. I think hes going to mature into his character very well. Suit looked good too!

My only nitpick with the show is it kind of seemed they bit off a little more than they could chew. The villain was shoehorned in and was weak, even though the final battle scene was pretty darn cool. I don't think they can maintain that level of visual effects but well see!

I def got that Smallville vibe, and that's a good thing! This show has heart, and that's what will take it far, if they can keep getting better. Im looking forward to seeing whats to come, ill be tuning in.

Quote Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
    Good eye.

I said this on another board, but this show strikes me as being very much the Buffy the Vampire Slayer to Arrow's ANGEL, and it's going to be fun seeing how the two series impact each other either directly or indirectly.
    Thanks. I hope you're right, as I loved both Buffy and Angel for different reasons. I'm excited that it looks like Flash will be doing time travel stories and that might bring in altered timelines and all kinds of other mayhem.

Quote Originally Posted by PHOENIXZERO View Post
    When they cut back to Ollie his hand/arm is going back down to his side, indicating he just put it on off camera.
    Ah, good catch. I missed that.

With all the hype, I was worried that the show would not be able to deliver, but I was wrong. I enjoyed the Pilot and the preview for the upcoming season seems promising.

1000 More To Go!! Welling_is_pretty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by InactiveUserID View Post
    Nitpick: if that girl is smart enough to write a thesis paper, why can't she detect that Flash loves her?
    Oh a lot of people are 'book smart' and could write papers and win Nobel prizes but couldn't see that someone has the hots for them. It's actually quite common in life, I find.

It was okay. Very light. A lot of the "emotional" parts felt very cheesy. Inoffensive is a word I would use to describe it.

It was pretty good. I'll be tuning in each week.

So many GREAT things about the series to even nitpick about the obvious forced relationship with Iris West and Eddie Thawne, lol.

From beginning to end, the pilot felt very cinematic and the SFX looked really good from The Flash's effects to Weather Wizard's brother's effects.

Chatterbox Christian moviefan2k4's Avatar
    I don't know much about the Flash comics beyond the identities of Barry and Bart Allen, the suit, and their abilities. Traditionally, Barry's the only man to beat Superman in a foot race. I know other versions of the Flsh were named Wally West and Jay Garrick, but I never read the comics growing up. So, most of my info is from the 1990s series, a few episodes of "Smallville", and this new show.

Overall, I really liked the pilot, and I'm glad to see that John Wesley Shipp will be recurring (met him at a Dallas convention about seven years ago). Barry appearing first as a CSI in two episode of "Arrow" before getting his powers helped ground the character in reality, albeit a slightly stylized one. It was great to see Jesse L. Martin on TV again; I loved his role on "Law & Order". I also enjoyed seeing Danielle Panabaker in another comic-inspired franchise (she did the Disney film "Sky High" in 2005).

The story was pretty good; I loved Barry's scene with his father at the prison. The ending was a huge surprise though; I'm really psyched to see where they go with it. I also hope Iris finds out about Barry soon, because keeping her in the dark would make her look really stupid.

1000 More To Go!! Welling_is_pretty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moviefan2k4 View Post
    I'm glad to see that John Wesley Shipp will be recurring (met him at a Dallas convention about seven years ago).
    Oooo, lucky you! He seems like a really nice guy, from interviews I've seen.

I also enjoyed seeing Danielle Panabaker in another comic-inspired franchise (she did the Disney film "Sky High" in 2005).
    I spent the whole episode wondering why she looked familiar. Then a reviewer said her name. I thought "that sounds familiar" and looked her up. And was all "the girl from 'Sky High'? Cool!"

Forum Regular
    I feel like CW is using Flash and Arrow to do their own Batman/Superman thing. One is kind of dark, usually at night. The other, a little fluffier and brighter. Metropolis vs Gotham. Not complaining. It's kind of cool.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast