Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of the Flash Pilot? (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of the Flash Pilot? (Spoilers)

Okay, look: There are people out there who have seen the Flash Pilot already. I do not advocate illegal downloading and it's a big no-no in the KSiteTV Forum Rules, but I know people want to talk about it, so I'm offering this thread to talk about the Flash pilot to your heart's desire.

I am just going to assume that KSiteTV readers who have seen the pilot legally. Maybe you saw it at some comic book convention (they are likely showing it at Comic-Con); maybe you have a cosmic treadmill and watched the pilot during a trip to the year 2024 or something. But you didn't see it illegally, right, because piracy is not cool.

Obviously there will be spoilers discussed.

Some ground rules though:

No "where can I find it online?" posts are allowed, and no links are allowed. Any posts breaking that rule will be deleted and if someone purposely breaks that rule, they will be banned from the forum.

I don't mean to be a hard-@$$ about this; just, this site has a good relationship with the studio and I don't want to have anything to do with illegal activity.

Otherwise... go for it, and thanks for understanding!

(And of course, after 9PM on Tuesday night, this can also be the Loved It? Hated It? thread!)
    10 - It will be a Crisis to wait for more of this
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - I wish Barry never woke up from his coma.
    0%

There is nothing but good things to say about the pilot. I guess, like many, I was a little worried that it might be cheesy, and you know what? It was, but in a good enjoyable and innocent way. The show's tone is different from Arrow which I liked and as I saw, havier on the FX. I found the choice of music very interesting, it gave it a good atmosphere to the whole thing. The acting:

Gustin was the most lovable character and his acting was great. You really see him evoke emotions, not like certain jolly Green archer we all know and love.

Caitlin Snow's character was different from that appearance she made on Arrow and I liked it, she was more serious here, I was hoping that she wouldn't be Felicity 2.0, and she wasn't.

Cisco guy! I like him, he's the light hearted enthusiastic kind of guy.

Iris, I suppose is the Laurel from the show, with the love triangle and stuff, she was likable, tho.

I wanted Joe West to be a little bit more dominant as a father figure and as a Detective, I wanted him to be harder, louder, I Don't know, more 'good cop/bad cop-bad cop kind of man'.

And Dr Wells... Well (no pun intended) they certainly fooled me there with Eddie, as I thought he was the Reverse Flash as his young state, but damn... That ending, completely changed that thought.

Overall a very solid pilot, and definetely a great way to start the series.
    I Don't know whats worse, having watched it now, and be even more anxious for more episodes, or wait till that far away Oct, to watch it for the first time, while everyone talks about it and try to avoid the innevitable spoilers online.

BTW, Grodd!

10/10.
    Last edited by Aldo; 06-26-2014, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Love the Pilot episode of The Flash ... finally a Superhero show worth watching since Smallville ... I hope Arrow would add more DC characters with actual superpowers to make it as interesting to watch like Smallville and The Flash ... and to compare it with the John Wesley Shipp 1990 The Flash pilot episode ... I like the 1990 Flash hunky look ... and Austin is a bit skinny but then again looks more the part as shown in the comics and animated shows ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSYJ4haG1MQ :P

Comment

I really enjoyed the pilot. It filled in a bit of the gap between when Barry showed up in Starling City to his accident and so forth. Yet, even if you didn't/don't watch Arrow it still felt like its own separate series.

I loved how he was telling his story to Oliver and him inspiring Barry to go for it, while giving Barry the idea for his name; "Cool!"/"Cool!"..

Anyway...

I'm so glad they didn't go the same route of Detective Lance with Detective West. They could have easily had Barry zip away before he showed his face but, they decided to reveal it ASAP. Joe knows and we know Barry knows he knows... there's no, "does he know or doesn't he know!?!?".

And Dr. Wells...so surprise surprise he's not paralyzed. He's from the future; friend or foe? My first thought, he's Bart Allen or quite possibly Booster Gold (only know that from Smallville and wiki).

The only nitpick is the similaritirs to Arrow... beyond Oliver/Barry (Arrow/Flash) it's... Laurel/Iris, Detective Lance/Detective West, Felicity/Caitlin. Hopefully there aren't too many other similarities to come. We don't need two series where you could easily replace one character with the other, especially knowing they're in the same universe. Again, no more doppelgangers.

Can't wait until the premiere in October!!!

Comment

I loved the Pilot and can't wait until October 7th to see it again.

I liked how the narration of handled. I also liked the Easter eggs in the Pilot.

I'm happy Detective West isn't in the dark about Barry's secret life as the Flash.

I loved the ending and want to see where it leads with the tease and the end.

Comment

I enjoyed the episode. I believe when the dr told Barry that the lighting bolt chose him they are referring to an old comic story where the flash travels so fast he becomes the very same lighting bolt that strikes him in the past. I believe that may be what the end paper is referring to. The "flash disappears during crisis". I do have problems with that. If he did really disappear and it was that bar the justice league would be all over it. How do you we know they exist? Well in that same scene it says Wayne/Queen merger complete. So we know batman and green arrow is around.

I don't think dr wells(that is his name I think. Guy in wheel chair. I think he will turn out to be booster gold or Bart Allen.

I loved all the small Easter eggs
            I hated that they killed weather wizard. So no the rouges for us.

Comment

Liko the Crisis refers to Crisis on Infinite Earth were Barry Allen "Died" in the comics but he was actually disappeared. The other headline said "Red Skies Disappear" which has in the comics before Crisis on Infinite Earths happened.

They might still have another Weather Wizard because in the comics Clyde Mardon was the person that created the weather controlling device that his brother Mark Mardon the real Weather Wizard uses. He had a brother in the pilot and we don't know if his brother also survived and he just didn't know about it.

Comment

Barry Allen has probably the best death in comics history. He literally ran to his death.

Comment

Loved the cliffhanger in the end. I wonder how the show will ever explore that.

Comment

thought this was great. I seriously think the pilot was alot like spider-man 1. The original spiderman,

Comment

I think it was great and i wonder how will Caitlin snow become killer frost and if the guy in the wheelchair is either Bart Allen or zoom from the future .

Comment

Pretty good overall, I loved it.

Comment

Solid effort, looking forward to the official launch in October

Comment

like others, i was extremely hesitant to watch this early, since i do not believe we should watch things this early, as there may be changes etc. Im glad i changed my mind! I loved the pilot, and all the little easter eggs invovled. the acting from all parties was top notch as well as the special effects, which were rather great (i love the fact that they are not treating the flash's super speed like clarks from smallville, that you actually see the lightning of the speed force surrounding him). I do kind of think the air mask was kinda lame, but it seemed to be the writers way of taking a shot at the comics of how barry can run so fast all the time and yet still breath normally, i suppose. Overall, very impressed, yet depressed at the same time that i must wait 3 months before seeing what happens next, and to seeing it again officially on the CW like i usually do. Seeing it early didnt turn me off like i was afraid it was, it was quite the opposite, now im more gung ho in waiting for this show, as i hope others will be too!

Comment

Well I was not one of the many who have seen the pilot (don't know what the hell I was doing THAT day), but it sounds great. Good to read so many positive comments, it sounds like the CW has come up with another winner.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎