Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of the Flash Pilot? (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome pilot episode! I tried my best to wait until October, but I just couldn't. Now I wish I would've waited, because it's going to be a loooong time until episode 2. I didn't think I would like Grant Gustin as Barry/ Flash... I was still undecided when he played him on Arrow. All because I really disliked him on Glee. I guess that makes him a good actor. The power to play a good character or bad character so well.
    Last edited by Randy G.; 07-12-2014, 01:25 AM.

Comment

The Flash page on imdb says the pilot is called City Of Heroes. Is that true or is it just called Pilot like Smallville?

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
        The Flash page on imdb says the pilot is called City Of Heroes. Is that true or is it just called Pilot like Smallville?
        Everything that I've seen across multiple sites all seem to suggest that is the actual name of the episode, though having seen the Pilot it seems like an odd name for it.

Comment

I don't know if it is called "City of Heroes" but that was what the Season 2 premiere of Arrow was called.

Comment

The guide on DirecTV says thats the pilot title as well. Yeah i thought that was the title for Arrow's 2nd season premiere.

Im thinking maybe its called that because its Barry and the team as the city's heroes. Not sure though.

Comment

The CW press materials all say City of Heroes too, as I noted on FlashTVNews last week. Maybe that's gonna be it. If so I'll change the forum title. I need to ask someone for confirmation first. Having the same title as the Arrow premiere is confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
                The CW press materials all say City of Heroes too, as I noted on FlashTVNews last week. Maybe that's gonna be it. If so I'll change the forum title. I need to ask someone for confirmation first. Having the same title as the Arrow premiere is confusing.
                Exactly! I was confused too. Ty folks for letting me ask about the title. When i first saw it i thought they were showing the Arrow season 2 premiere instead. I do like the title but feel if that is the title it may be too early for the shows episodes to have similar titles.

I thought they would've just called the first ep either Pilot or The Flash.

Comment

Just saw ad for the pilot and it said its gonna be an extended series premiere. Anyone know what that means? Could it be extended where the pilot is longer like Smallville's pilot was extended?

I cant imagine they're gonna make it too long or else it may make the season premiere of Supernatural shorter.
                  Last edited by Austin 3:16; 09-24-2014, 07:46 PM.

Comment

I was bouncing back and forth between an 8 and a 9 for this, but ended up voting 9.

As many people have pointed out, yes, the pilot did feel rushed, like they were trying to cover too much ground in 46 minutes. And the villain seemed to be defeated a bit too easily.

Those two points out of the way, I thoroughly enjoyed watching this pilot. There was the right balance between comedy and action and mystery that, if they stick to it, I think will make this show work for several seasons to come. I believe they did well with the special effects, casting, setting up future plot lines and establishing their characters. I believe the Flash pilot was far better than the one for Arrow (thankfully, that show has only grown better with time), and it even rivals the Smallville pilot.

I can't wait for this show to finally premiere in just another week (and a few days)!

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
                      Just saw ad for the pilot and it said its gonna be an extended series premiere. Anyone know what that means? Could it be extended where the pilot is longer like Smallville's pilot was extended?

I cant imagine they're gonna make it too long or else it may make the season premiere of Supernatural shorter.
                      It's only about three minutes longer than a usual episode these days and CW didn't want to cut the number of commercials shown during the hour.

Comment

Ah ok ty. I was wondering about that. Just glad it gets to go longer.

Comment

Does anyone else think that guy in the wheelchair is going to end up being Reverse Flash?

Comment

So what did you think, everybody?

Comment

I think Harrison Wells is reverse flash

Comment

Originally posted by the toy maker
                                I think Harrison Wells is reverse flash
                                Eddie Thawne has already been cast.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀