No announcement yet.

Luke Cage (Netflix)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luke Cage (Netflix)

Not a lot of info to go on yet, but this is one of the four Marvel Netflix shows in development. Talk about it here!

So who wants to bet Justin Hammer will be in this and Trevor will at least be mentioned. I would love a reenactment of All Hail the King but from Luke Cage' s point of view as a background character.

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny
      So who wants to bet Justin Hammer will be in this and Trevor will at least be mentioned. I would love a reenactment of All Hail the King but from Luke Cage' s point of view as a background character.
      That would be very cool!

Comment

Anyone have any picks to portray Cage?

I think Terry Crews would do a good job and certainly look the part... probably going younger though?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	crews-cage.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	6628442

Comment

Cirroc Lofton would make a good Luke Cage. As far as supporting cast, Genelle Williams as Misty Knight and Autumn Reeser as Colleen Wing (although she would also be a good Jessica Jones). Also I would not object to Aaron Paul as Iron Fist.
            Last edited by Degobunny; 07-17-2014, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Cirroc Lofton:

Genelle Williams:
              Autumn Reeser:

Comment

Nice picks!

Comment

Actor Taye Diggs mentioned on Conan O' Brien last night that he would be interested in portraying Luke Cage.

When asked if he would be interested in doing a superhero role, he said "I would love to. That’s one of the things that I haven't gotten to do yet. Just to be able to do that, you know, when they're flying, and then they land, you know what I'm saying."

Asked which hero he would most be interested in playing, Diggs said "Luke Cage. You ever heard of that? I've always liked that. Just you know, growing up a poor black boy, you gravitate to the black superheroes."

Diggs is a little bit too small and soft spoken for the part, imo, but its cool to see Cage getting some mention, and there seems to be a lot of people who would like to tackle that role.
                  Last edited by The Krypton Knight; 07-25-2014, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Terry Crews has again thrown his hat into the ring and expressed his interested in playing Luke Cage. In a chat with IGN, he said: "I would love to do Luke Cage. I heard they finally green-lit that whole thing and I would love to do something like that." When asked which superhero roles he would consider, he said "I have so many. I have to go back to Luke Cage just because he was our Superman. There were no African-American superheroes out there. He was the first. He was the man. He was the one. The only example we could look at. I remember then seeing Falcon and a couple of others. Even in the D.C. Universe there was Cyborg. But Luke Cage was the original one where you said ‘This is me. This is my guy. This is the character.’ So he’s the equivalent to Superman for me. But I have plenty. Second to Luke Cage would probably be The Hulk. The Hulk was amazing."

Crews is getting older, but I still think he could easily pull it off, and his blend of action/comedy skills would probably play well in the MCU TV series...

Comment

Terry Crews is a wonderful actor, no doubt he could 'sweet Christmas' with the best of them. I also think he would be an interesting for Blue Marvel.

Comment

According to Deadline two names mentioned as being in consideration for the male lead Luke Cage are Crisis‘ Lance Gross and The Good Wife and The Following‘s Mike Colter.

Comment

Comment

Cheo Hodari Coker (NCIS: LA, Southland) will serve as executive producer and showrunner of Netflix’s upcoming series Marvel’s Luke Cage, the streaming service announced Tuesday.

Coker, whose recent credits also include Ray Donovan and Almost Human, will write the first two episodes of the series, which centers on the street thug turned strength-enhanced hero originally seen in comic books.

Comment

A couple questions I have been mulling over with this series:
                              1) Will Claire Temple be involved in this show? Her and Cage had a thing in the comics.
                              2) How much of Jessica Jones and Iron Fist will we see? His wife and bff in the comics, do they have a place in this show?
                              3) What villians will Luke Cage fight? Daredevil had organized crime. Jones has the Purple Man. Iron Fist will have the triade with Madame Gao most likely. No clue about Cage though. To be honest I wouldn't mind seeing Luke Cage versus Absorbing Man.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎