No announcement yet.

Luke Cage (Netflix)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
    Yup, they were spinning their wheels with this season. I lost count on how often characters flip flopped and how repetitive it felt throughout. It was like they couldn’t figure out if they wanted this character or that one to be on this side or the other. They needed to flip a coin or something with these characters (or maybe that’s what they were doing ), which could have saved them time as well as cut episodes down and/or shorten the season.
    That's when you realize they are running out of ideas. Another good example is Luke and Misty's stance on Mariah. It keeps going back and forth with each episode. We could probably say the same about her daughter's stance. In hindsight, maybe it would have worked best if they did what they did last season and devoted one half of the season to one villain (Mariah) and the second half to the other (Bushmaster).

I’m curious myself cause now he’s a crime boss just for owning a club??? Will we have a season where he’s the villain until someone knocks some sense into him (preferably Danny); his cockiness was in full force too. Anyway, what I’ve read was that Tilda was supposed to have gotten the club but because she slipped up when she called Mariah “mother” instead of “mommy”, she quickly amended her will.
    Indeed that's true. At that point I think Mariah realized that Tilda had her own agenda for visiting her in prison and hadn't truly forgiven her. She didn't suspect that she had poisoned her, but she clearly sensed that something was off. Maybe she also felt that the club and the night life would corrupt her daughter and wanted to put that burden on Luke's shoulders instead.

Regarding him being a crime boss, I think the implication was that this kind of lifestyle will affect his morals. Maybe not to the degree that it did Mariah or Cottonmouth's (although from what I hear, the same artist who was performing during the last scene was also performing at the club when Cottonmouth was in charge!), but it could make him a darker person. And maybe it will lead to a mini Defenders reunion with Jessica, Danny and Matt returning to bring him back to his senses.

IMHO, the best parts of the season were those quite moments between characters: Luke/Claire, Luke/James, Mariah/Tilda but for me... The Shades/Camacho scene where they’re just sitting there with backs to each other just having a conversation was beautifully done and it telegraphed what eventually happened.
    Agreed.

They had already shown the bar scene prior to the premiere which was the jest of Colleen’s role this season. And as much as they were teasing “Heroes for Hire” you’d think that once they had Danny show up it would have been those two until the end but, he was one and done.... I loved that combo move they pulled; I wonder what other little tricks they could do with Danny’s iron fist and Luke’s invulnerability.
    Yeah, the Iron Fist bouncing off Luke's hand. That was cool. I was also surprised to see Danny only stick around for one episode (especially given how popular the team is in the comics), but I'm guessing they didn't want Danny to "steal Luke's thunder" in any way.

Comment

Luke Cage has also been cancelled only a week after Netflix cancelled Iron Fist.

https://deadline.com/2018/10/luke-ca...er-1202486487/

If it had something to do with the ratings of the two shows, the Disney streaming service, Netflix themselves or a combination...something is definitely going on.

Comment

I think 5 shows like this are just too costly for Netflix. Regardless of the fan demand. And truth be told, the whole thing peaked with The Defenders, creatively and from a fan interest standpoint. I am still in the middle of Daredevil 3, but Jessica Jones 2, Luke Cage 2 and Iron Fist 2 were average for the lack of a better term. So at this point it's best to proceed with the 2 most popular shows and give The Punisher series another chance to prove itself.

I just hope that Marvel and Netflix agree to do a 8-10 episode mini series featuring Iron Fist and Luke Cage. Both shows ended their second seasons with cliffhangers, so they should wrap up the storylines at some point.

Or just do a final season of the Defenders and bring those two characters back for that one.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎