Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    ^Marc's main criticism I can't find myself refuting was that he couldn't put his finger on what IF is actually about. While I think the show has more merit than he does, I can't disagree with him. If someone asked me, "What is the show about?" I could give them plot points, but probably not any kind of thematic message. Maybe... people without a family trying to find their place in the world through a mission of sorts? I don't really know.

You make a good point about Danny's anger, though. Not very zen for the supposed best of the best.

Finally got around to watching it. I don't get why it was trashed so much ahead of its release. I didn't find it much worse than Luke Cage, Jessica Jones or Daredevil 2. Marvel's Netflix shows have been on par, more or less. You can find the same amount of positives and flaws in all of them. The only season that was head and shoulders above the rest was Daredevil 1.

Anyway, I felt it was very easy to sit through and, as someone who knows very little about Iron Fist, I found the story quite interesting. Although, I must say that there were times were Rand felt a bit underwhelming as Iron Fist. But I guess that could be attributed to him not being the finished article. Finn Jones didn't particularly stand out, but I was very impressed with Jessica Henwick. She owned the screen every time she appeared.

A few words on what I didn't like. As much as I like Dawson, there was nothing subtle about the way Claire got shoehorned in here. It felt unnecessary even with the Defenders coming up. Secondly, it felt like the Meachum siblings flip flopped quite a lot and it was hard to keep track of them or their motives. And while Ward's actions in the last episode felt a bit organic and the product of adequate character development, Joy's final scene with Davos came completely out of left field. Finally, I didn't mind The Hand as the villains, but it felt like their storyline was stretched too much. It would have been best if they were introduced after the first 5-6 episodes.
    Last edited by costas22; 04-11-2017 at 03:02 AM.

D'Onofrio's Kingpin is probably my favorite villain of any superhero show/movie but Tennant's Kilgrave has got to rank as one of the all time best. Jessica Jones was able to portray her reluctance of being a hero much better than Luke Cage and DD2 showed Matt embracing his vigilante-ism much better than Iron Fist IMO but still I think all 4 shows are the best quality comic genre tv shows to date (excluding animated tv). I'm really looking forward to seeing the 4 of them coming together in August.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Backward Galaxy View Post
    I am genuinely confused as to why the critics hated the show. I thought it was pretty good. I really really felt bad for Ward.
    I don't know why the critics hated it, but most comics fans ddn't like it because they think Finn Jones' portrayal of Danny Rand didn't do justice to the character. In particular, the fight scenes were heavily criticized as being subpar for a champion of K'un-L'un worth of the power of the Iron Fist. In addition, Danny's personality in the Netflix series was completely out of character.
    Last edited by Mbruno; 04-11-2017 at 10:59 AM.

Well, considering how season 1 ended, there better have been a season 2.

Will be interesting to see when we actually get the new seasons. Daredevil 3, Jessica Jones 2 and Luke Cage 2 are all supposed to premier in 2018.
    Last edited by costas22; 07-22-2017 at 12:08 AM.

Good thing they have a new showrunner for s2...also hope Finn Jones got good training this time unlike Season 1

I finally subscribed to Netflix so I could watch this and The Defenders in one month. I was expecting to have to force myself through it due to vague criticisms I'd heard, but I definitely enjoyed it. The first episode was pretty weak, and Danny was pretty lousy at trying to prove his identity, but things improved from there.

I wish I more clearly remembered all the stuff we've learned about The Hand and Madame Gao on Daredevil. I don't recall them being explicitly associated. It's getting hard to keep up with all these superhero shows. It was nice to see her, though. I assume she'll be playing a role in The Defenders.

Can we call all these Hand factions "Fingers"?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234