Iron Fist (Netflix)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just saw the new trailer. Can't wait!

Comment

The first clip from the upcoming Netflix series gives us a taste of Colleen Wing's awesomeness.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Superhyped for Iron Fist, especially now that SJWs are going batsh*t.

Comment

1 day left until Iron Fist drops. The only real critique I've heard is that it's slow without obvious direction. JJ and LC I found both really slow (JJ moreso than LC) and don't really have a problem with not knowing where the story is going unless I'm still asking that at the end of the season without any questions that arose getting answered. All I know for sure is that I know what I'll be watching this weekend starting tomorrow when I get home from work.

Comment

A lot of the critiques I've read indicate that it's sloooooooooooow.

As long as the character work is solid, that doesn't really bother me. I loved Jessica Jones, for example. So far, the main misfire for me was the latter half of Luke Cage and that's mainly because it just turned stupid.

I'll probably watch this next week.

Comment

I've only read one review from one of the premiere tv news sites and it was very negative. Granted, they had only watched the first 6 episodes, but they felt it was slow and that this character didn't need a 13-episode season. Who knows? Maybe Iron Fist has a better second half of the season, just like Luke Cage had a much better first half of the season.

I'll watch it at some point. If not for any other reason but for Claire Temple.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                    A lot of the critiques I've read indicate that it's sloooooooooooow.

As long as the character work is solid, that doesn't really bother me. I loved Jessica Jones, for example. So far, the main misfire for me was the latter half of Luke Cage and that's mainly because it just turned stupid.

I'll probably watch this next week.
                    Agreed, looking back at all 3 (1st season) shows I would say Luke Cage was my least favorite (Daredevil edges out Jessica Jones because in part I grew up with him) and while I did critique Cottonmouth as a weak element, Diamondback was by far much worse than Cottonmouth. I've actually enjoyed the slow burns Netflix has been giving us in these Marvel shows, they offer a lot in getting to know the characters and what's motivating them to do what they're doing (both the heroes and the villians and even the supporting characters) before diving into the “movie theater epic 2 hour conclusion“ because that's all theaters have time for.

Tomorrow I'll judge for myself if the show really is to slow or if the critics are complaining “since you aren't casting an asian to be highlighted for 13 hours then we want you to wrap it up as quickly as possible, like a regular 2 hour movie“.
                    Last edited by DoubleDevil; 03-16-2017, 10:45 AM.

Comment

I'll admit episode 1 I thought was a waste but I'm intriged with what I've seen from episode 2 to 5. Is it action packed? No, but it's still very interesting none the less and there is enough action so that it's not just some typical boring nighttime drama.

Comment

Episode 6 got things really rolling. Still a lot of unanswered questions but Danny ran a gauntlet. Madam Gao as convincing and mysterious as ever. Claire a nice highlight wherever she shows up. I expect a slowdown before the finale but I can't see what the critics were seeing. Or should I say I'm seeing what they couldn't see.
                        Last edited by DoubleDevil; 03-17-2017, 12:43 PM.

Comment

I liked episode 1. I'd never heard of Iron Fist/Danny Rand, and even after hearing this was going to come out, I didn't do any kind of research.

What did I like?
                          - I always like the opening credits of these Marvel Netflix shows (Daredevil's the best though! )
                          - Danny's blue eyes!
                          - loved the lighting, camera angles, cinematography, the visual atmosphere - sometimes I was so busy looking at the surroundings that I had to remind myself to focus on the action or dialogue etc
                          - I'm very intrigued by Danny. Seems to have quite a few contradictions: kind of seems like a mellow/cool guy, but then he loses it in the car w/ Ward. And what are these weird mental headache-spacey-spells he has? I'm curious to find out more. He seems like some kind of naive, earth-boy Buddhist hippie type, but other times seems like he's a bit more knowledgeable about the world. Has he just been off on some commune somewhere learning martial arts, protected from the world, or did he have some exposure to the greater world? Is he a totally spontaneous barefoot-granola type, or is he sometimes a bit more calculated? I'm drawn in by the mystery of Danny and I want to know more about both his backstory and what he's up to. What brought him back now?
                          - The Meachams! What a family! I liked seeing all their scheming and their various discussions so I could get to know them better. The only nitpick I have is that [SPOILER]I thought Ward and Harold looked a little too close in age to be son and father. I found that distracting and I think I'll probably keep thinking about that in future episodes...[/SPOILER]. And Joy - she surprised me there at the end. Enjoyed that.
                          - I was also interested in Big Al. Thought there might be more to him than originally met the eye, and the last scene w/ him confirmed that there's something else there. I want to know more about that.
                          - I liked the young martial arts master gal (didn't catch her name) and I look forward to seeing more of her

Overall, I was very satisfied. I like the Danny character and I'm rooting for him. And I've got tons of questions. I'm very curious. I enjoyed the fight scenes and I like all the behind-the-scenes scheming & intrigue.

Comment

Originally posted by Shelby Kent
                            I liked episode 1. I'd never heard of Iron Fist/Danny Rand, and even after hearing this was going to come out, I didn't do any kind of research.

What did I like?
                            - I always like the opening credits of these Marvel Netflix shows (Daredevil's the best though! )
                            - Danny's blue eyes!
                            - loved the lighting, camera angles, cinematography, the visual atmosphere - sometimes I was so busy looking at the surroundings that I had to remind myself to focus on the action or dialogue etc
                            - I'm very intrigued by Danny. Seems to have quite a few contradictions: kind of seems like a mellow/cool guy, but then he loses it in the car w/ Ward. And what are these weird mental headache-spacey-spells he has? I'm curious to find out more. He seems like some kind of naive, earth-boy Buddhist hippie type, but other times seems like he's a bit more knowledgeable about the world. Has he just been off on some commune somewhere learning martial arts, protected from the world, or did he have some exposure to the greater world? Is he a totally spontaneous barefoot-granola type, or is he sometimes a bit more calculated? I'm drawn in by the mystery of Danny and I want to know more about both his backstory and what he's up to. What brought him back now?
                            - The Meachams! What a family! I liked seeing all their scheming and their various discussions so I could get to know them better. The only nitpick I have is that [SPOILER]I thought Ward and Harold looked a little too close in age to be son and father. I found that distracting and I think I'll probably keep thinking about that in future episodes...[/SPOILER]. And Joy - she surprised me there at the end. Enjoyed that.
                            - I was also interested in Big Al. Thought there might be more to him than originally met the eye, and the last scene w/ him confirmed that there's something else there. I want to know more about that.
                            - I liked the young martial arts master gal (didn't catch her name) and I look forward to seeing more of her

Overall, I was very satisfied. I like the Danny character and I'm rooting for him. And I've got tons of questions. I'm very curious. I enjoyed the fight scenes and I like all the behind-the-scenes scheming & intrigue.
                            You'll definately get to see a lot more of Coleen Wing.

Episode 1 didn't really seem to answer any questions but instead opened more questions that I not only didn't know I even had but didn't really get even the simplest of questions answered. I did like the way they set up the show, setting up how the story would be told and in that they haven't disappointed in my eyes.
                            Last edited by DoubleDevil; 03-17-2017, 03:17 PM.

Comment

I managed to squeeze in five episodes. It's a slow burn, but the negative reviews were, IMO, way too harsh. Aside from some cliche dialogue sprinkled here and there, I'm enjoying it. I'm still not sure on which side of the line all of the characters are going to fall. I hope they don't take all easy ways out and keep the "family" in the gray.

Comment

I loved all the continual twists and turns throughout the 13 episodes. First impressions places Iron Fist over Luke Cage but just under Jessica Jones as far as the separate heroes go.

1: Daredevil season 1
                                2: Jessica Jones
                                3: Daredevil season 2
                                4: Iron Fist
                                5: Luke Cage

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎