Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctor Strange (2016)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the Marvel film I'm most excited about after Avengers 2.

Comment

Me too.
      You guys know I'm guessing I'm a DC fanboy. but the only marvel titles I grew up reading were X-Men and funnily enough Doctor Strange. So I kinda feel yeah i want this to be really good and I jumped out of my seat when he was mentioned in The Winter Soldier. Thinking did I just hear what i think I heard?

Comment

New rumors today have Joaquin Phoenix supposedly in pretty heavy talks w/ Marvel, regarding the role of Dr. Strange.

The Wrap reveals that the Gladiator and Her star "has been mentioned most often for the coveted superhero role" and "while insiders caution there is no deal in place yet, multiple sources say Phoenix is in consideration and has had discussions."

Further to this, a comic book store in Connecticut claims that Phoenix was there and was searching out and buying Dr. Strange comics...!

Heard so many different rumours on Strange, and similar rumors that he was going to be Lex Luthor obviously didn't pan out, but this one may be worth keeping an eye on as SDCC approaches. What a coup for Marvel it would be to recruit an actor of his talents.
        Last edited by The Krypton Knight; 07-25-2014, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Doesn't really strike me as the right role for him, but there's no questioning his talent, so it would be really hard for me to call this a "bad" choice. If you can get him, I think you pretty much have to.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
            Doesn't really strike me as the right role for him, but there's no questioning his talent, so it would be really hard for me to call this a "bad" choice. If you can get him, I think you pretty much have to.
            Co-sign, 100%. Wouldn't have thought of him for Strange (thought he would have been a great Luthor!), but he is so talented that I am sure he could do a great job with any role given to him.

Still have a hard time believing he wants to do a comic book property, as he has seemed pretty dismissive of them in the past... then again, if Marvel can convince Micheal Douglas, Ben Kingsley, Glenn Close, etc to take on roles...

Comment

Originally posted by The Krypton Knight
              New rumors today have Joaquin Phoenix supposedly in pretty heavy talks w/ Marvel, regarding the role of Dr. Strange.

The Wrap reveals that the Gladiator and Her star "has been mentioned most often for the coveted superhero role" and "while insiders caution there is no deal in place yet, multiple sources say Phoenix is in consideration and has had discussions."

Further to this, a comic book store in Connecticut claims that Phoenix was there and was searching out and buying Dr. Strange comics...!

Heard so many different rumours on Strange, and similar rumors that he was going to be Lex Luthor obviously didn't pan out, but this one may be worth keeping an eye on as SDCC approaches. What a coup for Marvel it would be to recruit an actor of his talents.
              Great choice, I could also see him as Baron Mordo.

Comment

Still have a hard time believing he wants to do a comic book property, as he has seemed pretty dismissive of them in the past... then again, if Marvel can convince Micheal Douglas, Ben Kingsley, Glenn Close, etc to take on roles...
                Don't forget Robert Redford.

I think Hollywood's elite have taken notice of how much play these films get. Marvel gets A-list talent and they get exposure to younger audiences who might not be aware of their work. The question I would have regarding Phoenix isn't whether or not he would do A film like this, but whether or not he would want to do SEVERAL. That's Marvel's plan with the character. Can they really convince him to do something like that? Is he going to Johnny Depp this thing?

We'll see.

Comment

New rumors today have Joaquin Phoenix supposedly in pretty heavy talks w/ Marvel, regarding the role of Dr. Strange
                  I heard this and thought "okay, that would work". I still think Oded Fehr would be the best choice but they obviously want a bigger name. And I think Joaquin in a better choice than Jared Leto (whose name I've seen a few times as well) or Cumberbatch.

Comment

Collider is again re-affirming the fact that Phoenix is the likely star of Doctor Strange, with an article today stating that he is in "final talks" with Marvel about the role.

This comes in the wake of rumors that Boardwalk Empire actor Jack Huston was in the running, though Collider mentions that those rumors seem to be baseless.

Despite rumors to the contrary, Joaquin Phoenix is in final talks to lead Marvel's upcoming Doctor Strange movie directed by Scott Derrickson.

Comment

Another day, another turn in this Joaquin Phoenix - Dr. Strange rumor mill... this time, Bad Ass Digest is reporting that their Marvel insider said the following:

Regarding Marvel wanting to announce Phoenix at SDCC -"That weekend a Marvel Studios insider told me they had tried their hardest, that they had pushed as hard as they could, but they couldn't close the deal in time."

And as for casting Phoenix at all - "[The] problems that have kept the deal from closing remain, and they go beyond the basic fact that Phoenix is balking at the heavy multi-picture contract: Joaquin Phoenix literally doesn't know if he can work on this kind of movie. He's a great actor, and he can play the role. But the Marvel Studios blockbuster machine is full of pre-viz and fight-viz and green screen and massive reshoots. It's not a world that's as comfortable for him, and he's just not certain he can do it."

Comment

Cool fan art of Phoenix as Strange.

Comment

The latest gossip is that Marvel is now interested in Ethan Hawke for the titular role in "Doctor Strange".

The rumor comes from a website that is more "miss" than "hit", so worth taking with a grain of salt.

That said, Hawke could look and fit the role, imo, and he does have history with director Scott Derrickson.

http://thisisinfamous.com/exclusive-...octor-strange/

Comment

Joaquin Phoenix of OFFICIALLY out of the running, having turned down the role, according to various outlets.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014...strange-marvel

Comment

Not surprising, but probably for the best. It would have been a shame had he agreed to do it, then hated it and walked away for the sequels.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                                Not surprising, but probably for the best. It would have been a shame had he agreed to do it, then hated it and walked away for the sequels.
                                Agreed It's why he didn't take up WB offer to play Lex Luthor. As apparently he would've had to have signed a 5 picture deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎