Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor Strange (2016)

Looked, but couldn't find a thread.

From CBR:

Deadline reports the rumor that both Tom Hardy and Benedict Cumberbatch are on a cast wish list for "Doctor Strange." "Sinister" director Scott Derrickson is set to direct a script by Thomas Dean Donnelly and Joshua Oppenheimer. Deadline did not specify which character or characters Cumberbatch and Hardy might play.

I could see them both as villians I suppose. Not very original though. Neither of them is what I would imagine as Doctor Strange.

Who do think Marvel wants to cast them as Jon-el87?

Comment

I can't stand Hardy, so blah on him, but I'm 1000% on the Cumberbatch runaway train. So, I'd be fine with that.

Comment

A lot of fans, including myself, would love to see Oded Fehr as Dr. Strange. Best known for his role as Ardeth Bey in "The Mummy" movies, he also voiced Dr. Fate for DC cartoons (not sure if it was JLU or Young Justice) so he's played a 'sorcerer surpreme' before.

Would love to see that. I think Benedict would be all right but Oded? As soon as I saw that suggestion I thought that would be the "best casting since Patrick Stewart as Professor X!"

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
          I can't stand Hardy, so blah on him.

Comment

Marvel Studios is in talks with Jon Spaihts to write the script for Doctor Strange. He's been attached to write Universal's reboot of The Mummy, and wrote Sir Ridley Scott's Prometheus.

EXCLUSIVE: Marvel Studios is negotiating with Jon Spaihts to write the script for Doctor Strange, the franchise-launching film which will be directed by Scott Derrickson. Doctor Strange was hatched by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko during that Marvel Comics heyday of the early 1960s. He’s a neurosurgeon who becomes Sorcerer Supreme, protecting Earth against magical […]

Comment

Jon Spaihts wrote the first draft of Prometheus. The second draft was written by Damon Lindelof (Lost, Star Trek into Darkness) and added in considerable changes.

Spaihts had written a traditional script that stuck to fundamentals, it was called "Alien: Engineers". Lindelof's contribution was to add mystery to the screenplay, consistent with his work in Lost and STID.

Here's a 45 minute analysis from comicbookgirl19.

Comment

Originally posted by maasaloo
                Marvel Studios is in talks with Jon Spaihts to write the script for Doctor Strange.
                Don't know this guys work, is he any good?

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
                  Don't know this guys work, is he any good?
                  He's fairly new on the scene he wrote the first draft of Prometheus and is writing the script for The Mummy reboot which will go back to the original horror style rather than the Brenda Fraiser films.

Comment

Spaihts is heavily praised online for the script for Passengers. It has not been made into a movie, but it's made the Hollywood "blacklist" of great unproduced screenplays.

Comment

He's fairly new on the scene he wrote the first draft of Prometheus and is writing the script for The Mummy reboot which will go back to the original horror style rather than the Brenda Fraiser films.
                      Never saw Prometheus so I guess I'll have to wait and see to judge this guy's work.

Comment

I will be sad if Cumberbatch is cast as Doctor Strange. I know others like him but I disliked him as Kahn and was indifferent to him Tinker Tailor Solider Spy. Maybe I am just fixated on the Kahn thing because he was so severely miscast in the role, that I fear the same with Doctor Strange.

Comment

Benedict Cumberbatch- As far as I’m aware, even if that was the case, it couldn’t work out because I’m doing a little play called ‘Hamlet’ in London.

Comment

Benedict Cumberbatch- As far as I’m aware, even if that was the case, it couldn’t work out because I’m doing a little play called ‘Hamlet’ in London.

I sincerely hope this is the case and not a red herring.

Comment

Agreed, Cumberbatch is a great actor, but I don't see him as Doctor Strange...

Viggo Mortensen would be a good choice....

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎