No announcement yet.

Emerald Archer S1 - Darker Universe

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emerald Archer S1 - Darker Universe

This is a fanfic I'm working on to pass the time and also because there are a few inconsistencies that couldn't be accounted for since they weren't sure about a second season at first. Here's a few of the difference:

Oliver returns in secret, and won't reveal himself until at least the third chapter (his public face, that is).

Big Happy (but dysfunctional) Merlyn-Queen Family.

Constantine Drakon has a much larger role.

Laurel is a Detective under her father rather than a lawyer.

Oh, and did I mention Oliver is unlikely to stop killing in my series? Let's face it, a lot of us were irritated with that even though we knew it was coming.

Here you go: Emerald Archer Season 1

i really enjoyed this. i lol'd at the mini-arrows, they're called flechettes. can't wait for part 2. i really like how you want to keep oliver a killer. i like oliver as a killer.

Comment

agreed Mr.Strong , i prefer Oliver as a killer, but in the show, he had to eventually become a hero.. and please keep this up JDBentz

Comment

Originally posted by JDBentz
        This is a fanfic I'm working on to pass the time and also because there are a few inconsistencies that couldn't be accounted for since they weren't sure about a second season at first. Here's a few of the difference:

Oliver returns in secret, and won't reveal himself until at least the third chapter (his public face, that is).

Big Happy (but dysfunctional) Merlyn-Queen Family.

Constantine Drakon has a much larger role.

Laurel is a Detective under her father rather than a lawyer.

Oh, and did I mention Oliver is unlikely to stop killing in my series? Let's face it, a lot of us were irritated with that even though we knew it was coming.

Here you go: Emerald Archer Season 1
        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1037389...rcher-Season-1
        I haven't read this yet but I like what you've said above, and I definitely love the idea of a darker universe. The first few episodes of Season 1 sold me on the show. I still love the show, but I don't think it would have grabbed me if I had started watching it in Season 2. The killing didn't bother me. He was killing bad guys that were slipping through the justice system of a corrupt and ineffectual city.

I also liked that Season 1 hadn't yet slipped into the typical CW comic book profile. It was (somewhat) believable. My favorite scene was in the first episode where he's sleeping on the floor with the window open in the rain and his mother runs in. It was an extremely powerful scene - especially for television - and I wish the writers could have kept up with that.

I never read the original comics but I know there were a lot of heroes and villains in the universe. But from the beginning I was hoping that this was just a vague spin off of the comics and not a reset. I was kind of hoping he was on the island for five years alone and learned archery as a basic means to survive, that he simply came back to Starling as a messed-up guy with a fractured resolve to be a better person. Kind of like Castaway meets Batman.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎