Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daredevil (Netflix) - Original Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

After having binged the season I have to wait a whole year for season 2 (hopefully) but the season was so good that I can easily rewatch and still enjoy each episode almost as if I was watching it for the first time. Maybe the third viewing might get boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny
      I would say the Daredevil fight scene are more realistic then some fights scenes. I never thought it would be so refreshing to see the actors get tired and more clumsy as the fights scenes go on, instead of ridiculous cgi crazy fight scenes that go on for over half and hour and no breaks a sweat.
      Maybe that's what I liked about it. They do kind of bumble around.

Comment

I've now watched the first 8 episodes, and I find it to be very well-written, directed, shot, and acted. I'd grade the series B+ or A- so far, it's very good.

Some miscellaneous thoughts, in no particular order:

1) Best cinematography and musical score we've yet seen in a Marvel Studios production;
        2) Does Deborah Ann Woll ever look hot. She's a goo actress too, it's nice to see her get a more credible role after True Blood;
        3) They're convincing me that she's intelligent and that she has drive, slowly but surely, she's well-written;
        4) It's weird seeing Superman's mother fall in love with Wilson Fisk;
        5) Good explanation of his powers;
        6) They've learned a lot from the criticisms of the Nolan Batman films: subtle Batman voice, nice choreography of fight scenes, etc.

I like what they're doing with Wilson Fisk. Thus far, he's not a villainous character. He kills but only when necessary, and his ambitions are benevolent, he wants to make New York a better place. This is not the Wilson Fisk of the Spider Man cartoon from the 1990s, and thus he has a lot of room to grow. Or... room to descend? lol. At this point, through the first eight episodes, I'm not actually sure that I oppose Wilson Fisk. That's good. That's very good.

Who is Spider Man going to fight if he can't fight Wilson Fisk lol? It's going to take some clever writing on Marvel's part to have Spider Man, Daredevil and whoever else co-exist in New York City.

7) It's nice to hear excellent dialogue in a live-action comic book property. The dialogue emerges from intelligent people communicating with one another, it's not bursting at the seams with idiotic one-line zingers, etc. They're also using a strong vocabulary, they speak in a long sentences, they speak with a lot of general wisdom, et cetera.

7b) Example of good dialogue. In episode 10, Matt tells Foggy in a college flashback that what he's looking for in a woman is someone he likes listening to.

But he said of Karen Page earlier in the season, that he likes listening to her.

8) A possible problem with the show is that Superman's mom fell in love with Fisk because the plot demaned it, and similarly Blondy in the pencil skirt loves Foggy Bear because the plot demands it;

9) This show is not afraid to take risks. I was floored when Foggy took off Daredevil's mask, and when Karen Page killed Fisk's assistant. That was completely unexpected.
        Last edited by DA_Champion; 04-19-2015, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Is it me or does Kingpin sometimes look like a giant baby that's about to burst into tears? Lol

The show is excellent but I can't help but think that way about Kingpin lol

Comment

Originally posted by SuperheroFan87
            Is it me or does Kingpin sometimes look like a giant baby that's about to burst into tears? Lol

That's Vincent D'Onofrio in everything. He hasn't looked human since Adventures in Babysitting. I've always thought he looked like he was possessed by a constipated bullfrog.

Comment

Originally posted by Stardelphia
              That's Vincent D'Onofrio in everything. He hasn't looked human since Adventures in Babysitting. I've always thought he looked like he was possessed by a constipated bullfrog.
              As opposed to a nauseated bullfrog? Or constipated emu, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperheroFan87

I get your point but for me D'Onofrio is the nicest actor of all the program seriously. He is just playing a different kind of villain that is not only evil for the sake of being evil.
                Plus the writers give Fisk some deep background story and for me that is what makes this show any better than comparable comic series.

Comment

As much as D'Onofrio (the actor) bugs me, his role as Fisk is one of my favorites on the show, second only to his girlfriend. He's a villain, yeah, but they've shown us the motivation for his villainous behavior very well. He's not the two dimensional "bad guy" like in so many superhero shows. He has a reason to do what he's doing and we know why he believes it. In his mind, he's the good guy. I freakin' love this show because it isn't black and white.

Originally posted by Mad Man
                  I get your point but for me D'Onofrio is the nicest actor of all the program seriously. He is just playing a different kind of villain that is not only evil for the sake of being evil.
                  Plus the writers give Fisk some deep background story and for me that is what makes this show any better than comparable comic series.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎