Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daredevil (Netflix) - Original Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know the show is going for Miller's The Man Without Fear, a story I love...but this looks bland. The green color lighting/grading resembles Arrow too.

Comment

Meet Daredevil's Crime Kingpin (Vincent D’Onofrio)...

Comment

Last edited by jon-el87; 03-10-2015, 10:33 AM. Reason: Switching to daredeviltv link

Comment

Vincent D'Onofrio is absolutely going to crush it as Fisk.

Comment

Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow
            The green color lighting/grading resembles Arrow too.
            Not only that, but orange hues during the night scenes as well as prominent whites during the daytime. All of that is very Arrow, and to an extent Flash(although Flash uses less green and more orange at night).

I find what I've been seeing to be awesome, but just the lighting being similar to Arrow/The Flash is a bit off-putting. At least just have a similar color palette to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and not a DC series.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
              Luke Cage is the second of the four characters that will be getting their own series on Netflix. Its likely he'll make an appearance as well as Jessica Jones and Iron Fist the third and fourth characters getting the Netflix treatment. The end game is a team up series there after so it makes sense to introduce each character in each others series'.
              After Daredevil, it's going to be AKA Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and then Iron Fist before The Defenders.

Comment

Last edited by darkphoenix21; 03-20-2015, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Comment

Less than a week to go

Comment

Comment

Looks good. I like it.

Comment

I'm going to wait until I see the costume on the series. I just wish I didn't have to work tomorrow.

Comment

So far the fight choreography has been better than most movies and tv shows I've seen.

Comment

Wow, Daredevil has ruined me for all other television superheroes and I'm only three episodes in! It's dark in the way the CW heroes flop. If they can resist the urge to doll him up in some spandex catsuit and avoid the tired romance arcs, I'll be a happy camper.

I usually tune into these shows for the action, but even that - in Arrow, Flash, and Gotham - gets routined. The fact that someone on this thread referred to it as "choreography" is exactly why I find the fight scenes so engaging. Daredevil's fight scenes aren't cliche or even realistic, they're very choreographed. I think, theoretically, the fighting is unique because he is supposed to be sensing his combatants. But what they've choreographed toes the line between imagery from a comic book and dancing. They've balanced gratuitous violence by making it - for lack of a better word - beautiful.

Netflix and other online networks are really blowing cable and television out of the water right now. They evade executive notes and focus groups by releasing entire seasons at once, and can avoid the censors because they don't need them. I really hope Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon can keep up the momentum. So many new streaming shows are proving just how boring the last ten years of television has actually been.

Okay, I'm done gushing, now onto episode four.

Comment

Originally posted by Stardelphia
                                Wow, Daredevil has ruined me for all other television superheroes and I'm only three episodes in! It's dark in the way the CW heroes flop. If they can resist the urge to doll him up in some spandex catsuit and avoid the tired romance arcs, I'll be a happy camper.

I usually tune into these shows for the action, but even that - in Arrow, Flash, and Gotham - gets routined. The fact that someone on this thread referred to it as "choreography" is exactly why I find the fight scenes so engaging. Daredevil's fight scenes aren't cliche or even realistic, they're very choreographed. I think, theoretically, the fighting is unique because he is supposed to be sensing his combatants. But what they've choreographed toes the line between imagery from a comic book and dancing. They've balanced gratuitous violence by making it - for lack of a better word - beautiful.

Netflix and other online networks are really blowing cable and television out of the water right now. They evade executive notes and focus groups by releasing entire seasons at once, and can avoid the censors because they don't need them. I really hope Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon can keep up the momentum. So many new streaming shows are proving just how boring the last ten years of television has actually been.

Okay, I'm done gushing, now onto episode four.
                                I would say the Daredevil fight scene are more realistic then some fights scenes. I never thought it would be so refreshing to see the actors get tired and more clumsy as the fights scenes go on, instead of ridiculous cgi crazy fight scenes that go on for over half and hour and no breaks a sweat.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎