View Poll Results: What did you think of the season finale?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Unstoppable

33 67.35%

9 18.37%

1 2.04%

3 6.12%

1 2.04%

1 2.04%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - Very stinkable

1 2.04%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Posting Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin 3:16 View Post
    Loved every single second of this episode. Glad to see Slade can come back and I think we will see him again. Really hoping Quentin does survive. He's too good of a character to have die this early in the series. Maybe he will join Team Arrow next season?

I missed a little bit but what happened to Isabel? I didn't see what her fate was. Sorry had to use restroom then and missed some.
    Nyssa snapped her neck. Like a twig. I think Summer Glau fans were raging about that one....

Posting Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
    I always thought that H.I.V.E. would fit better, in a more seamless way, with being the villains for season three, especially with us now getting to learn more about Amanda Waller and A.R.G.U.S. will obviously stick around too. I think by the end of season three, though, we're going to be seeing how the League of Assassins will become an enemy to Ollie and they'll be the villains for season four.

Malcolm Merlyn could easily be a minor villain for season three, but I wouldn't want him to be the main villain again.
    I've thought the same about HIVE as well, so it will be interesting mix with the way things go. LoA will be an on going pain in the ass for Ollie I think and maybe be a major villain in season 4 or 5, which will probably be as a result of Sara being killed or being told to kill Ollie/a member of Team Arrow.

Malcolm I agree with, don't want him as a major villain again and I don't think he will be. I think he will end up being a major player in the shadow's, moving pawns around without people realising and saving Starling in his own way while training Thea. Something I have been wondering though, is what has happened with his company after the undertaking. Nothing has been mentioned of it, so could it be possible that he may organise them to buy out Queen consilidated so that Thea could potentially become the CEO of both companies.

New In Town
    While I can more-or-less understand Sara's rationale for rejoining the League (she values self-determinism at this point over having a moral compass, fine, but when she gets PTSD again I won't be too shocked either), I didn't entirely buy Thea's final decision. She knows Malcolm is a bona-fide psycho (and even said so herself), while she knows Roy and her brother are fundamentally, for the flaws they might have, good people. Why not give them one last chance to come clean, especially considering the extraordinary circumstances they were operating under, before deciding to drive off into the dawn with Malcolm? It just didn't land right to me.

Which isn't to sound like I'm knocking Willa Holland's performance, she did a great job with what she was given. It was just the one sour note.

Well, that and what happened to Quentin at the end. That was pretty bad, too. But in a "Oh no, this is bad" way, not a "Wait, what? No" way.

Saving The City
    10/10

I loved this episode. It really did close the season and the two season story arc off nicely. But the final scene asks more questions than it answered. Like if Lian-Yu is home to some sort of ARGUS Super-Max, was Yao Fei put there by ARGUS? Was Waller the woman in the red heels? Was Fyers ARGUS? Was Oliver imprisoned in Super-Max by ARGUS and escaped (explaining why he took so long to get home)?

One of the best parts for me, and this goes to the editing staff and the fight choreography team, was how they managed to show the correlation with both the current day battle and fight on the island 5 years prior. The way it shot between island and present day was brilliantly done.

Someone mentioned above the Olicity fake out, I saw it coming as soon as they entered the mansion, especially considering the advice Felicity gave Oliver just prior to that (Make him outthink you). He took her to the one place where he knew Slade had eyes and ears, and although they didn't show him discovering the cameras until later, even Ollie couldn't be stupid enough to believe Slade knowing everything was coincidence.

I also liked the little bits we saw of Thea too. Hopefully this leads to her training to become Speedy down the line.

"After 5 years on a hellish island (with a short stop at Hong Kong)".

Well well. Arrow's second season is in the books. Unthinkable was a very good finale. Not sure I'd rank this (or the 3 last episodes in total) higher than last season's trilogy, but it certainly delivered. The more intriguing part was the short amount of cliffhangers. Only Thea and Quentin's basically. I guess the producers were right when they said this episode would wrap up the last 2 years. Season 3 might be a fresh start in a number of areas. Observations:

- It was truly the end of a road for Oliver as he completed the transformation from vigilante to hero (and in contrast, we see him turn into a vigilante in the flashbacks). Loved seeing him lead the army against Slade and also show wits with that Felicity scheme. Before the episode I actually wanted him to kill Slade. And the episode reminded us at least twice why he had every reason to. But ultimately, he made the right decision. Besides, Slade's eventual punishment was far worse. Of course, with ARGUS keeping him prisoner, one has to wonder how that will work out.

- I liked the fact that the mirakuru cure didn't change Slade's character. Making obvious what we all suspected. He was far gone. Slade has been one of my favorites for the past 2 years, so I'm, glad he survived. I don't expect him to still be a regular next season, but he has to pop up often.

- The Oliver - Felicity twist was a great piece of writing by the show. One that no one saw coming. I loved it. Oliver and Felicity are better off as friends anyway.

- The Lances were a mixed bag, imo. The Laurel and Quentin scenes were fine. Still not convinced about Laurel as the Black Canary, but it's something they can work on in the next 3 years. Hope they don't rush into it next season. And hopefully Quentin will survive.

- The Sara scenes (besides the fight ones) I didn't like one bit, to be honest. Last week they shower her trying to be a hero and saving lives. This was after she left the show a few weeks back because she didn't think she was redeemable. And now we see her willingly join the LOA again, who obviously won't stop their killing spree. It's been a convoluted mess ever since Heir to the Demon. Also, I felt the show should have given her one last scene with Oliver.

- Nice to hear that there's a Diggle junior on the way. Hope that doesn't mean Diggle will appear less next season.

- The Thea scenes were so and so. The best part about them is that they keep Malcolm involved on the show. Will Thea be a regular character next season though?

- I'll miss Summer Glau.

- The fight scenes were brilliant. Especially the back and forth between the present and the past. I was worried that 2 Oliver/Slade fights would be too much, but the show handled it perfectly.

- Like I said at the start, it's weird to see Island Oliver, well, not on the island. But it's also intriguing to see where this Amanda stuff will lead to. There are also a couple of loose ends. Did Anatoly escape? Or will he find Oliver again at Honk Kong? We have yet to find out how Ollie become a Bratva member.

9/10 for the finale.
    7.5/10 for Season 2. It often left a lot to be desired with its characterizations, but its storytelling and action scenes were immaculate.
    Last edited by costas22; 05-15-2014 at 02:36 AM.

Forum Whiz
    I really enjoyed that episode except for a few parts. Thea said in her letter that she didn't trust anyone so she then goes to Malcolm? Ridiculous.

Also we have found out, after two seasons of Oliver saying at the beginning of almost every episode that he had spent five years stranded on an Island, that this isn't true. That really irritated me but does explain why the voice-over has stopped for the last few episodes. It also makes me think that it wasn't chance that brought Oliver back to Starling City at the start of Season One.

Also didn't like that fight sequence at the end with Oliver and Slade in the past and present but the fight sequences overall were amazing. I am confused as to how Slade's mask ended up on the beach on the Island though with an arrow in it because Slade wasn't even wearing the mask when Oliver put an arrow through Slade.

Was really great seeing Nyssa again and I'm glad that Malcolm didn't get involved in Slade business. I hope we get a brand new villain for the next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    Also didn't like that fight sequence at the end with Oliver and Slade in the past and present but the fight sequences overall were amazing. I am confused as to how Slade's mask ended up on the beach on the Island though with an arrow in it because Slade wasn't even wearing the mask when Oliver put an arrow through Slade.
    Quark, I wondered the same thing. As of right now, I'm chalking it up to merely symbolism for us viewers. If that's all it is, I'm fine with that. Ollie's going to have to go back to the island at some point, so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by jpfort1957 View Post
    Just to add to J Man's highlights and downsides :

I would have rather had Slade "thought to be dead" again. Now Waller will use him against the heroes later. (and I don't like a skinny Waller)
    Glad to see Roy back to normal........with the red mask & arrows blazin'!!!!
    I was happy to see Sara return to finish her training.....cause that's the way the story goes.
    Thea needs to keep her promise to never return.
    Laurel Dinah Lance is diggin' the Canary name.
    Diggles is toast now.

And hopefully the 3rd Season won't have 3000 flashbacks per episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Im actually glad they didn't kill Slade. Not only the possibility of his return but also proper growth for Ollie's character. The season would have been for nothing if he killed Slade.

That was a great season finale. Lots going on and lots to digest. Just continuing to love this show!

* Fun to see Nyssa and the League of shadows show up to give a helping hand... that side story between her and Canary has been pretty good. Was hoping for a Ra's cameo.
    * Laurel getting the black jacket off of Canary... nice touch.
    * Curious to see what happens to "speedy" here... looks like Malcom is going to probably train her.
    * Good fight scenes..lots of action, fun stuff.
    * Deathstroke/Arrow fight... not quite as climactic as I thought it would be...was hoping for a little more "over the top" but still really good.
    * I'm really liking any of the Suicide Squad involvement. Always fun and has a lot of potential. Deadshot has been a great character for the little time he gets.
    * Liked how the whole Ollie/Felicity thing played out.. that was a pretty good scenario and pretty darn good writing.
    * Flashbacks were good, but not over the top great. The special effects were pretty darn good.

One note.. through the entire season they hadn't really crossed over to the campiness/one liner routine a lot of TV superhero shows seem to get sucked into. Kudos.

The Flash trailer during the finale was great. Now THAT was a little campy, but it kinda worked for me.. I normally don't care for that kind of stuff, but very much looking forward to the Flash TV show.

My only fear is that we now have Quicksilver (both in the X-Men, AND in the Marvel/Avengers world). 1) The special effects are going to probably be much better in the movies obviously, and I hope that doesn't take away from Flash. 2) That's 3 storylines we will have going around the same time for a superhero with speed as his power... again I hope the superhero genre can support all 3 storylines and it doesn't reduce the impact of the Flash TV show. DC needs to keep this in their sites, and as I always feel...use the strength of their villains here... more than ever.
    Last edited by bobraspet; 05-15-2014 at 11:13 AM.

So I've heard that Summer Glau's fans are really upset on Twitter with the way she was easily killed by Nyssa…has anyone else heard about this or no?

Posting Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
    So I've heard that Summer Glau's fans are really upset on Twitter with the way she was easily killed by Nyssa…has anyone else heard about this or no?
    Considering that Isabel was injected with the cure and was pretty much in a position that they could easily kill her, I think the only reason is they hoped Summer Glau would keep on this show. Personally, I found the character lack-luster.

I too thought the character wasn't going anywhere, and especially after being injected with the Mirakuru and being nothing more than a henchwoman. Perhaps it was easy for Nyssa to snap her neck even with the Mirakuru. If you recall, during the promo for "Heir to the Demon", Nyssa was able to toss Roy, who was also injected with the Mirakuru.

This was overall a solid episode. It covered most of the bases, it was high-octane action and just on sheer scale it was a thrill ride.

They handled Sara's send-off well and realistically, Team Arrow needed an army to overcome Slade. Who better than Nyssa and the League? Sara wanted to ice mirakuru-Roy permanently, so her moral compass is still aligned with the League. And I think that final moment with Laurel should put to rest the question about the fate of "the mantle of the Canary" and Laurel's own destiny. S3 will most likely be the start of her earning it (and from this moment on I will expect her to), but again her development is a slow-burn: I have no expectation that she'll immediately be the Canary a few episodes into S3 or even end of S3. If Ollie's own journey is supposedly a 5-year-long one, why would we expect Laurel's to wrap up sooner?

Diggle gets more progress in his own story arc, which is also good to see. It'll be interesting to see more of the Suicide Squad too.

A couple of glitches. Quentin as a cop didn't approve of the Hood's killing methods. While he may have justification now because it was his own daughter at risk, it was a bit of a stretch that he would so quickly urge the Arrow to resort to killing when he spent most of S1 attacking the Arrow for choosing to kill. And only a few eps. ago, it was Felicity who had urged Ollie to do whatever was necessary to bring Slade down (which he tried to do, on his own, and failed). Now, she's the voice of reason and prevented him from resorting to killing. I won't go so far as to say that Quentin and Felicity switched teams aka flip-flopped on the "kill / no kill" dilemma, but it comes off as a change of heart without enough context. Chalk up this nitpick to "it's the season finale and there's no time left for more context."

Overall I liked how they handled the Olicity moments, with subtlety. It's unfortunate that Slade played the 'who lives, who dies' game again. It was done so well dramatically with Moira, so for him to attempt to do it again undercut the scene's tension. The shippers will no doubt have their own spin on it, but Ollie exits this episode as non-committed. No choice was made since Ollie didn't let Slade's game go that far. He cares about Felicity, he cares about Laurel. I am content with this status quo going into S3.

Thea and Malcolm's scenes were meh. I can buy that she doesn't want to deal with lies any more -- and Roy was another loved one who kept secrets from her -- but choosing to go with Malcolm ... well, I guess you can call it a cliffhanger(?) He may be her real dad by DNA but he wasn't much of a father and choosing to flee with him didn't make much sense to me. It looks like Malcolm will be one of the few multi-season villains on the series. I also wouldn't count out Slade or Ra's Al Ghul and the League going forward.

I liked the teaser at the end and having Waller survive the finale is good news to me. The stage is set for an intriguing S3.

8/10

Quote Originally Posted by President_Luthor View Post

A couple of glitches. Quentin as a cop didn't approve of the Hood's killing methods. While he may have justification now because it was his own daughter at risk, it was a bit of a stretch that he would so quickly urge the Arrow to resort to killing when he spent most of S1 attacking the Arrow for choosing to kill. And only a few eps. ago, it was Felicity who had urged Ollie to do whatever was necessary to bring Slade down (which he tried to do, on his own, and failed). Now, she's the voice of reason and prevented him from resorting to killing. I won't go so far as to say that Quentin and Felicity switched teams aka flip-flopped on the "kill / no kill" dilemma, but it comes off as a change of heart without enough context. Chalk up this nitpick to "it's the season finale and there's no time left for more context."
    This Felicity "go/don't go" dilemna bugged me during all the end of season 2. We never knew what she was going to say. The character should be consistant but they just used her character to do what was necessary for the current plot. I think they call this "plot driven" story in contrast with "character driven" story.

I think it's different for Quentin because the level of danger has increased. Before it was just about stopping villains but this time it's a kind of war wich can maybe justify his change of view.

Incredible episode ! I stop breathing the whole episode. I need to rewatch it for more details.

First I'm glad that Lyla chose the right side. I hope we will have good Diggle story for season 3.

I'm disapointed with Isabel's death. It's OK she died but I would have liked a great fight with Nyssa. Isabel was a great villain she deserved a better end. In last episode she was hit by a car that was not very glorious either lol (But the scene was so funny).

As everyone noticed Sara going back to the LOA with all her family benediction is completly ridiculous. "She's found her way" lol. The writers should choose if they want to do a dark show or a family show.

I like so much Quentin I would be sorry if he dies (especially after Moira's death).

At some point the show was so fast that I mixed up past and present and I was wondering why Sara was drawning without water.

I think it's because I didn't know the comics but I can't imagine Laurel being a super hero. They have to do a very good job in the writing to make me accept that.

I like Thea's story. Now that I was beginning to like her, she chose the dark side. It's interesting. Being the daughter of Malcom and Moira, she has a great potential.

Last but not least, Olicity. Actually I'm not so disapointed because :
    - the ILY scene was coming from nowhere
    - the twist of plot was worth it (actually with the pictures we suspected she has something in her hand but I didn't suspect that was all a trap from the beginning)
    - it gives Felicity a very important role. I like the way they discuss strategy together.
    - it's so funny how the writers play with fans

"MIT, Class of 2009" was priceless, I like that fact that they always give her the funny line. And it shows that now she feels like a part of the team.

I like that Oliver is going to try to get back his company. It's better for the story. I wonder who will be the mayor now.

So, I was just nitpicking. Perfect episode, much better that most of movies and tv shows.
    Last edited by like a bird; 05-16-2014 at 02:29 AM.

Saving The City
    This isn't the first time he has crossed over into this grey area. I seem to remember him saying something along the lines of "Do what you have to" on at least one other occasion (Dollmaker springs to mind). While its true that, as a cop, he shouldn't stand for killing, his family are being directly threatened, so he is willing to look the other way.

Thea and Malcolm's scenes were meh. I can buy that she doesn't want to deal with lies any more -- and Roy was another loved one who kept secrets from her -- but choosing to go with Malcolm ... well, I guess you can call it a cliffhanger(?) He may be her real dad by DNA but he wasn't much of a father and choosing to flee with him didn't make much sense to me. It looks like Malcolm will be one of the few multi-season villains on the series. I also wouldn't count out Slade or Ra's Al Ghul and the League going forward.
    But Malcolm has never lied to Thea, and there was the one scene after she'd shot him where he told her Roy was lying to her as well, and said, if you don't believe me, go to him. As badly as she hates him, I think he has proven that he wants what is best for her as her father, so there is some twisted logic in there.

Quote Originally Posted by bobraspet View Post
    The Flash trailer during the finale was great. Now THAT was a little campy, but it kinda worked for me.. I normally don't care for that kind of stuff, but very much looking forward to the Flash TV show.

My only fear is that we now have Quicksilver (both in the X-Men, AND in the Marvel/Avengers world). 1) The special effects are going to probably be much better in the movies obviously, and I hope that doesn't take away from Flash. 2) That's 3 storylines we will have going around the same time for a superhero with speed as his power... again I hope the superhero genre can support all 3 storylines and it doesn't reduce the impact of the Flash TV show. DC needs to keep this in their sites, and as I always feel...use the strength of their villains here... more than ever.
    The two versions of Quicksilver are irrelevant, they are both parts of billion dollar franchises, they will obviously have a higher budget and the special effects may be slightly better, but the stories are what matters, and Flash has the advantage of being front and centre in a series of his own, do you see anyone pushing for a Quicksilver show?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast