Season 4 Spoilers Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by liana
    Thank you!

I suspected as much, as I said in my previous post. They built too much around it for it only be a red herring. They are going the tragic route with Regina. Because she was a villain, she has to prove herself, and that's what this is about. She has to prove that, as much as she wants a second chance with love, this time, as much as she might be tempted to, she isn't going to do anything *evil* about it.

And is she fails, and ends up becoming a villain again, then she never deserved the happy ending in the first place. Will she get a happy ending, eventually? I think it all depends if they are going back pedalling on her redemption or not. After all, Regina never said she was a hero "forever". She said that one time, she was.

This is supposed to be her *big* temptation. She might do something *evil* to get Robin back to herself (and I really don't believe she will do that, because it really doesn't seem like something she would do), she might go back to her villain ways (that one I do believe extremely likely, because Regina in pain is umpredictable) and try to get revenge on Emma, or she might, for once, react like an adult and try to get over what happened.

I'd really like to believe what we saw, last season, wasn't a fluke, but a real change of heart in Regina. I mean, sure, it wouldn't be believable if she suddenly became completely selfless, and I would expect internal battles, anger, and pain, but I really hope we didn't get another villain redeemed just to have her go back to who she was before. It's bad enough they did this with Rumple, and have him going back to lying to Belle, tricking her, and murdering again.
    I really hope that don't have Regina regress back to her evil ways over Marian being alive. It is bad enough they killed Neal off; Henry at least deserves having his mom turning good as one part of his happy ending. That has been a goal of his since season two. As he said in "Kansas", he knows there is good in her and believes she is no longer a villain but a hero. I hope they don't throw that out the window. He wants and deserves to have both moms in his life and he will lose Regina if she turns evil.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyGal
      I really hope that don't have Regina regress back to her evil ways over Marian being alive. It is bad enough they killed Neal off; Henry at least deserves having his mom turning good as one part of his happy ending. That has been a goal of his since season two. As he said in "Kansas", he knows there is good in her and believes she is no longer a villain but a hero. I hope they don't throw that out the window. He wants and deserves to have both moms in his life and he will lose Regina if she turns evil.
      Let's see how they are going to address this. Hopefully, we will see a stronger Regina. I don't, however, trust them with this. They redeemed Rumple by having him sacrificing himself to save everyone, in a completely selfless way, and for the first time choosing to let go of his survival instincts out of true love, just to use that same sacrifice in order to kill Neal so that Emma wouldn't have to make a choice between him and Hook.

And then, to add insult to injury, they implied Neal had to redeem himself by death, as if he was one who killed and threatened inocent people for centuries like others who I won't dare to mention, and made his sacrifice as the thing who prompted his father to become evil again. I mean, it wasn't enough to kill him, right? His death, supposed to be a 'selfless sacrifice' had to be the reason for his father to go back to trick and lie to Belle (something he hasn't done since the beginning of season 2) and murder someone again out of revenge.

In other words, what Neal's death and supposed noble sacrifice accomplished was the very last thing he ever wanted to happen in the first place: his father becomeing evil again.
      Last edited by liana; 06-26-2014, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by liana
        Let's see how they are going to address this. Hopefully, we will see a stronger Regina. I don't, however, trust them with this. They redeemed Rumple by having him sacrificing himself to save everyone, in a completely selfless way, and for the first time choosing to let go of his survival instincts out of true love, just to use that same sacrifice in order to kill Neal so that Emma wouldn't have to make a choice between him and Hook.

And then, to add insult to injury, they implied Neal had to redeem himself by death, as if he was one who killed and threatened inocent people for centuries like others who I won't dare to mention, and made his sacrifice as the thing who prompted his father to become evil again. I mean, it wasn't enough to kill him, right? His death, supposed to be a 'selfless sacrifice' had to be the reason for his father to go back to trick and lie to Belle (something he hasn't done since the beginning of season 2) and murder someone again out of revenge.

In other words, what Neal's death and supposed noble sacrifice accomplished was the very last thing he ever wanted to happen in the first place: his father becomeing evil again.
        Sadly, Neal's was blinded by his desire to get back to his son and that blindness made it easy for Zelena to trick him into giving up his life to save his father's. So, I understand how this would enrage Rumple and make him want to seek revenge for his son's death. But, it is still frustrating to think Neal's death is being used as a catalyst to keep Rumple from being good.

Comment

I’ve read two different Once Upon a Time articles (both quoting TVLine, by the way), one stating that Elsa will be in nine episodes and the other stating that Anna will be in nine episodes. I thought I read on your site that it would be Elsa. Could you please clarify? –MGM
          Oh, the Internet. Just one big game of “Telephone,” isn’t it? Elsa will appear in about nine episodes, Anna is slated for six to eight, and Kristoff is in as many as six.

Is Once Upon a Time‘s Elsa going to be evil? Or can we assume she will follow the movie character? –Margie
          See, that’s the question I had the second it was confirmed who exactly we saw there in the barn. So I asked the series creators if we’ll perhaps be seeing Elsa before — Frozen movie spoiler alert! — she and Anna happily reunited, back when she was in that epic snit. “Maybe yes, maybe no. It could be after,” Adam Horowitz hedged. “One can be in a snit for many reasons.”
          http://tvline.com/2014/06/26/castle-...ick-spoilers/#

Comment

TVLine has learned exclusively that newcomer Elizabeth Lail will play Anna, Queen Elsa of Arendelle’s younger sister, while Greek grad Scott Michael Foster has landed the recurring role of Anna’s beau Kristoff.

http://tvline.com/2014/07/01/once-up...ast-season-4/#

Comment

It would have been awesome if they had gotten Kristen Bell to reprise her role. Anyway, this is sounding more and more like they are picking up directly where the movie left off. Wonder that means for Elsa as a villain assuming she is one here?
              Last edited by Exedore; 07-01-2014, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Elsa has been officially cast. She will be played by Fringe alum Georgina Haig in the plum Season 4 role.

http://tvline.com/2014/07/03/once-up...season-4-cast/

They never post a flattering picture with these articles so I took one from google images
                Last edited by darkphoenix21; 07-03-2014, 02:36 PM.

Comment

I was hoping for Kristen bell

Comment

Idina Menzel voiced Elsa in the movie, people seem to forget that. So if they got Kristen Bell it wouldn't be for Elsa it be Anna. Either way it would not happen because the film and Once are two different media. It's like people wanting Michael Rosenbaum to play Lex in MOS/DCU or more recently Stephen Amell to play Green Arrow in that universe...its not going to happen.

Comment

The voice cast look NOTHING like their animated counterparts and were therefore never going to realistically be an option for the roles on Once. That's the simple truth.

As far as the comment about different entities/mediums goes, Once is essentially doing a live-action sequel to the film, so, in this case, the two things are n fact going to be linked.
                      Last edited by DigificWriter; 07-06-2014, 08:30 AM.

Comment

We know they're going to tell the further adventures of those characters but, we don't know to what extent. Their backstory may be slightly different than the film. We know Once likes to twist these fairy-tale stories/Disney stories on their heads. And we know Rumple has something to do with Elsa being imprisoned. So yes, it will be different than the animated film.
                        Last edited by darkphoenix21; 07-06-2014, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                          We know they're going to tell the further adventures of those characters but, we don't know to what extent. Their backstory may be slightly different than the film. We know Once likes to twist these fairy-tale stories/Disney stories on their heads. And we know Rumple has something to do with Elsa being imprisoned. So yes, it will be different than the animated film.
                          The film's events happened BEFORE we see Elsa, Anna, and Kristoff on Once, and will be explicitly referenced (we know this because they already have been in the official character descriptions as released by TVLine a few weeks back), so your statement of 'so yes, it will be different than the animated film' is inaccurate.

Furthermore, we have concrete statements from Adam and Eddy stating that, in bringing these characters to Once, they had no desire to 'retread' the events of the film or attempt to 'retell' or tweak them in any way, thereby corroborating and confirming that, for what is really the first time, Once will actually be incorporating the events of a Disney animated film * in their entirety, with zero alterations * into its mythology (they had previously hinted at the events of Mulan being Canonical to the Once-verse, but never officially confirmed that such was the case).

Comment

For one, TV and Movies are too different things, that's fact...there is much more they can flesh out on a 22-23 episode series than they could in a 90min - 2hr movie. Three I never said anything about retelling that part of their story. There could be other stories to tell; such as the Elsa and Rumple connection. Maybe Rumple was keeping an eye on that situation without interfering or until he knew the right moment to interfere. We will likely see back-story of the events that occurred after and/or during the events of the film; flashbacks are Once's staple.

And third, I've stated this before about you...every single time you post, its to correct someone on here. The way you comment is always rude, PLEASE STOP!!!

TVLINE | First things first: Who are we looking at there at the very end?
                            ADAM HOROWITZ | That is Elsa. We fell in love with the movie Frozen when we saw it, my daughters are obsessed as is Eddy’s son… It is something that ever since we saw it would gnaw at us, “Is there a way to fit it into our world?” And we cooked up a way to do it. We pitched the studio and the network and they were kind enough to say, “Go do it.”
                            EDDY KITSIS | What’s funny is that people think Disney called us up and was like, “You need to do Frozen,” and it’s really actually quite hard to get these characters. It’s not like they call you up and say, “We’d like you to do this.” It’s actually quite the opposite. You have to work at it and have a vision and the spirit.

TVLINE | Right, for something as fresh in pop culture as this, it’d seem you have less leeway.
                            HOROWITZ | Look, we had an idea for how we wanted to approach this story, and we are very well aware of how beloved the movie is, so we’re very careful that we want to tell a story that is uniquely ours but also honors that movie and those characters that everyone fell in love with this past year. KITSIS | The thing we love about Elsa is she is a character that is perceived to be a villain but is clearly misunderstood, and that goes to the heart of our show.
                            http://tvline.com/2014/05/12/once-up...a-from-frozen/
                            Last edited by darkphoenix21; 07-06-2014, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DigificWriter
                              The film's events happened BEFORE we see Elsa, Anna, and Kristoff on Once, and will be explicitly referenced (we know this because they already have been in the official character descriptions as released by TVLine a few weeks back), so your statement of 'so yes, it will be different than the animated film' is inaccurate.

Furthermore, we have concrete statements from Adam and Eddy stating that, in bringing these characters to Once, they had no desire to 'retread' the events of the film or attempt to 'retell' or tweak them in any way, thereby corroborating and confirming that, for what is really the first time, Once will actually be incorporating the events of a Disney animated film * in their entirety, with zero alterations * into its mythology (they had previously hinted at the events of Mulan being Canonical to the Once-verse, but never officially confirmed that such was the case).
                              At the end of the movie, Elsa was in control of her powers and definitely not a villain so I hope Adam Horowitz succeeds in honoring these characters as he said he would. But if Rumple is involved with Elsa, that can only spell bad news. He likes using people, especially those with power, to achieve his goals.

Comment

^ A&E have never referred to Elsa as being a villain on Once, and given everything that we currently know, I'm convinced that she falls squarely on the 'things Rumple doesn't understand' end of the spectrum as far as why she was in the Vault.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎