No announcement yet.

Season 4 Spoilers Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spotteddog
    There ya go !! I would be a huge fan of an episode that was just Thanksgiving. No need to forward any ongoing plotline, no need for an attack by a villain - just give me an hour of Thanksgiving dinner with this crew. I can see Grandma bringing her lasagna and Gold making some snarky comment. I can see Regina bringing an apple pie and no one being willing to try it. I can see Hook grabbing a drumstick with his ... well, hook. And that would all be before the holiday drinks start flowing.
    I'd love an episode like but first they should reveal who David's father (his actual father; we only saw his mom), Rumple's mom and maybe King George's wife were and have them all connected to the rest of the characters in even more convoluted ways. Throw in Belle's mom as well. Then do the Thanksgiving episode. It should be glorious!
    Last edited by Exedore; 05-29-2014, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Perfect Exedore - the more the merrier !!! Adam and Eddy will be over later for some whiffle ball - I'll talk to them about it...

Comment

Originally posted by Exedore
        I'd love an episode like but first they should reveal who David's father (his actual father; we only saw his mom), Rumple's mom and maybe King George's wife were and have them all connected to the rest of the characters in even more convoluted ways. Throw in Belle's mom as well. Then do the Thanksgiving episode. It should be glorious!
        lol that would be cool. id like to know more about davids history too since we already know snows. rumples mom would be good too. maybe we learn elsa is his mom.

Comment

Originally posted by Resistance84
          Yes- this show twists and turns things in a way that it could make Elsa villainous. And, it's true- there hasn't been a holiday-/Christmas-themed episode yet, has there?
          Maybe they will decide to go with the actual character of Elsa instead of going the original story route.

But maybe the plot twist will be that she just couldn't let it go.

Comment

Question: Will we get to see Once Upon a Time‘s “Rumbelle” as a married couple, seeing them in their home instead if the shop all the time? Will they have a honeymoon, eventually? Will we see some happy times? –Intarr
            Ausiello: Funny you should bust out the H-word. Because in previewing Season 4 — where Rumple will continue to conceal the secret about the true dagger, as well as revisit whatever complicated history he has with that ice queen, Elsa — series cocreator Adam Horowitz said, “There is a list of things that are brewing for Belle and Rumple to deal with, but before they do, let’s let them enjoy their honeymoon.” (Surely he was speaking figuratively, so calm down, everyone.)
            http://tvline.com/2014/06/03/nashvil...n-panettiere/#

Comment

After all the build-up of Once Upon a Time‘s Regina and Robin being soul mates, please tell me that we aren’t all the sudden going to find out that the lion tattoo is really common and Robin really wasn’t the man in the pub. –Megan
              I’ve seen that “theory” floating around, yeah, but Once cocreator Adam Horowitz shot an arrow right through it when I ran it by him. “No, no, no…. That [flashback scene] was not a misdirect,” he reassures. “The man Regina saw in the tavern with the tattoo was Robin Hood.”
              http://tvline.com/2014/06/06/the-goo...ntern-alicia/#

Comment

Now that Once Upon a Time’s Emma and Hook kissed, and she let go of her walls and fears, is a CaptainSwan relationship possible, or is it too soon? –freak91
                Just because old issues have been put to rest, you can count on new ones arising. “There will be some challenges for them,” cocreator Adam Horowitz teases. Eddy Kitsis elaborates, saying, “The very first obstacle is Emma’s guilt over the fact that she just destroyed Regina’s relationship [with Robin Hood],” by transporting Marian to our world. “So there’s a part of her that feels guilt in starting a new romance of her own.”
                http://tvline.com/2014/06/12/once-up...ma-hook-guilt/

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                  Now that Once Upon a Time’s Emma and Hook kissed, and she let go of her walls and fears, is a CaptainSwan relationship possible, or is it too soon? –freak91
                  Just because old issues have been put to rest, you can count on new ones arising. “There will be some challenges for them,” cocreator Adam Horowitz teases. Eddy Kitsis elaborates, saying, “The very first obstacle is Emma’s guilt over the fact that she just destroyed Regina’s relationship [with Robin Hood],” by transporting Marian to our world. “So there’s a part of her that feels guilt in starting a new romance of her own.”

http://tvline.com/2014/06/12/once-up...ma-hook-guilt/
                  If Emma was a real person, I would smack her in the head. Emma shouldn't feel guilty for saving a person's life and definitely not for finding love. Regina was a very bad person prior to Storybrooke and was in danger of destroying her own relationship if turns out to be true she killed Robin's wife. I am glad that Regina is turning good but if something like this turns her evil again, then shame on the writers.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyGal
                    If Emma was a real person, I would smack her in the head. Emma shouldn't feel guilty for saving a person's life and definitely not for finding love. Regina was a very bad person prior to Storybrooke and was in danger of destroying her own relationship if turns out to be true she killed Robin's wife. I am glad that Regina is turning good but if something like this turns her evil again, then shame on the writers.
                    This is just beyond ridiculous. I don't like Emma and Hook together, and I'd rather the show never went there, but since it did, they could at least attempt to keep the stupid romance interesting. This is worse than cheap angst, seriously. It's not even believable.

In fact, it makes you wonder if Emma kissed Hook on the spur of the moment, because she was "touched", and now regrets it, because she doesn't really love him, and it's not even in the verge of falling for him. I don't care how many emotional walls Emma has or had in the past: no one would feel guilty for saving someone's life and ruined the supposed killer's life.

Besides, if Robin really loved Regina, the fact that Marian turned out alive wouldn't change that. He knows who Regina is and what she has done and he witnessed her changing into another person. As much as he has loved Marian, and even though it is not her fault what happened, if he loved Regina, those feelings wouldn't go away because his first wife from almost 30 years ago returned from the dead. He would be confused, it would be hard, but eventually, things would become clear.

If he chooses Marian, then Emma bringing her back is the best thing ever because it would mean he never really loved Regina at all, and Emma ended up saving Regina from eventually finding the man she loved was still in love with a ghost.

Something has been bothered me concerning Regina and Robin for a while now. Tinkerbell showed Regina her true love before she killed her husband, and therefore, before she became the evil Queen. That would mean when she showed up on that tavern, and wasn't brave enough to go inside, she actually made the right choice, because if she had gone inside, she would have met a married man with a kid, right? I mean, it was clear, by Regina's talk with Tink, she was still married, and she even complained her marriage was a sham, and she was nothing but a prisoner inside the castle. She had no power whatsoever at that point, and she certainly had no power to persecute Snow, or even try to kill her.

However, the evil Queen who was responsible for Marian's death was already trying to kill Snow White. So, either this event at the Tavern happened before Robin met and fall in love with Marian, and Regina lost her chance because she wasn't brave enough to go inside, or he was already married and she would only find disappointment once more.

Of course this could also be a continuity mistake. It wouldn't surprise me in the least.
                    Last edited by liana; 06-16-2014, 06:24 AM.

Comment

Yeah that sounds really lame. Emma shouldn't feel guilty for saving Marian's life at all. That's dumb. Now accidentally bringing Elsa into Storybrooke, that's different.

Originally posted by liana
                      As much as he has loved Marian, and even though it is not her fault what happened, if he loved Regina, those feelings wouldn't go away because his first wife from almost 30 years ago returned from the dead. He would be confused, it would be hard, but eventually, things would become clear.

If he chooses Marian, then Emma bringing her back is the best thing ever because it would mean he never really loved Regina at all, and Emma ended up saving Regina from eventually finding the man she loved was still in love with a ghost.
                      It's not really 30 years for him though, otherwise Roland would be a grown man now. Marian was going to be executed around the same time that Snow and David met and fell in love. Then the rest of their courting, adventures, marriage, battles, etc happened leading to the pregnancy. About nine months later the first curse was enacted. Time stood still for them and the people of FTL for the next 28 years and the duration of the first season. Taking into account S2-3 (which weren't actually that long for the characters) plus the year gap between the first and second halves of the third season, it has only been a few short years since Robin lost Marian, at least from his perspective.

Agreed with everything else you said.

Comment

but we don't know for sure it was Robin Hood that Regina saw through the tavern window-- just man with a tatttoo like Robin's. and from his response I feel the tattoo might belong to a group of men who served a specific aristocrat/kingdom. I can't see her second chance would be a married man!

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80
                          but we don't know for sure it was Robin Hood that Regina saw through the tavern window-- just man with a tatttoo like Robin's. and from his response I feel the tattoo might belong to a group of men who served a specific aristocrat/kingdom. I can't see her second chance would be a married man!
                          I think we are supposed to believe that Robin was/is Regina's second chance. If they're able to get the actor for another season (and by that I mean, if the actor's schedule fits and the network is interested in getting him), he will remain as Regina's love interest, and they will milk this new triangle as they did with Neil/Emma/Hook, and before that with Tamara/Neil/Emma. If they're not able to get him, I'm guessing we will be back to Regina's unhappy love life and Robin will have his happily ever after with Marian.

Either way, Regina will suffer a lot next season, be it because she lost another person she loved/cared about or because she will believe she lost him, and be forced to see him with another woman. Hopefully, they're not going to kill Marian this time, regardless of what Robin's final decision will be. I'm tired of people dying to solve love triangles.

As for Robin choosing Regina or Marian, I'd say I expect him choosing to be with Marian for a while. I mean, regardless of him loving Regina or not, he believed his wife was dead for a very long time, and, as he told Regina when she was decided to put herself to sleep, he eventually had to move on. Still, confronted with her alive in front of him, of course his first reaction would be to forget about anyone around and be deliriously happy with her being alive. Time will tell if he will be confused between his old feelings for Marian and the new ones for Regina. It's early to tell...

Comment

This was my theory too. I really hope it's right because I agree that Regina's second chance being a married man (whose wife she once sentenced to death) is not ideal. Granted, they could be going for the idea that villains don't get happy endings, but I still wonder if Robin is a red herring.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamsofnever
                              This was my theory too. I really hope it's right because I agree that Regina's second chance being a married man (whose wife she once sentenced to death) is not ideal. Granted, they could be going for the idea that villains don't get happy endings, but I still wonder if Robin is a red herring.
                              From TVLine:

After all the build-up of Once Upon a Time‘s Regina and Robin being soul mates, please tell me that we aren’t all the sudden going to find out that the lion tattoo is really common and Robin really wasn’t the man in the pub. –Megan
                              I’ve seen that “theory” floating around, yeah, but Once cocreator Adam Horowitz shot an arrow right through it when I ran it by him. “No, no, no…. That [flashback scene] was not a misdirect,” he reassures. “The man Regina saw in the tavern with the tattoo was Robin Hood.”

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyGal
                                From TVLine:

Thank you!

I suspected as much, as I said in my previous post. They built too much around it for it only be a red herring. They are going the tragic route with Regina. Because she was a villain, she has to prove herself, and that's what this is about. She has to prove that, as much as she wants a second chance with love, this time, as much as she might be tempted to, she isn't going to do anything *evil* about it.

And is she fails, and ends up becoming a villain again, then she never deserved the happy ending in the first place. Will she get a happy ending, eventually? I think it all depends if they are going back pedalling on her redemption or not. After all, Regina never said she was a hero "forever". She said that one time, she was.

This is supposed to be her *big* temptation. She might do something *evil* to get Robin back to herself (and I really don't believe she will do that, because it really doesn't seem like something she would do), she might go back to her villain ways (that one I do believe extremely likely, because Regina in pain is umpredictable) and try to get revenge on Emma, or she might, for once, react like an adult and try to get over what happened.

I'd really like to believe what we saw, last season, wasn't a fluke, but a real change of heart in Regina. I mean, sure, it wouldn't be believable if she suddenly became completely selfless, and I would expect internal battles, anger, and pain, but I really hope we didn't get another villain redeemed just to have her go back to who she was before. It's bad enough they did this with Rumple, and have him going back to lying to Belle, tricking her, and murdering again.
                                Last edited by liana; 06-23-2014, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎