No announcement yet.

Blood's Motivation

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood's Motivation

Despite Blood's turn, I'm not sure his intentions were quite as honorable as he claimed even before Slade corrupted him. Based on what he said about the way his father treated his family, he could have killed him in self defense, but that doesn't explain his treatment of his mother afterward.

I think Slade must have contacted him between The Undertaking and Season 2 to put his plan into motion. One thing I thought of is that Slade's "corrupt those he loves" line during his vengeance speech could have been a reference to what could have been if Slade hadn't gotten to Blood first. If Blood really was sincere about wanting to save the city and hadn't had Slade manipulating him, the combination of Mayor Blood and the Arrow could have done a lot of good.

I do think it would have been interesting if he had stayed around as a sort of ally of convenience for at least part of Season 3.

I think his motivation was pretty self explanatory. Get elected, have Deathstrokes army destroy a large part of the city, and then everyone will be reliant on him to be the shining light to help rebuild Starling City into his vision. In City of Blood, he pretty much summed it up in the scene at the restaurant:

Blood: They'll only cause enough damage to make the city ready.
    Oliver: Ready for your leadership?
    Blood: For my vision of what this city could be, a better city. And after the storm they're about to suffer, the people of Starling will support, and follow me to that city.

Its almost like he is looking for acceptance of the people.

Comment

Originally posted by IAmTheArrow
      I think his motivation was pretty self explanatory. Get elected, have Deathstrokes army destroy a large part of the city, and then everyone will be reliant on him to be the shining light to help rebuild Starling City into his vision. In City of Blood, he pretty much summed it up in the scene at the restaurant:

Blood: They'll only cause enough damage to make the city ready.
      Oliver: Ready for your leadership?
      Blood: For my vision of what this city could be, a better city. And after the storm they're about to suffer, the people of Starling will support, and follow me to that city.

Its almost like he is looking for acceptance of the people.
      Right, but how was that changed by Slade's manipulation? Did Slade manipulate him to get involved in politics in the first place, or was he already involved and Slade just made him think he needed the army to make the changes he wanted?

Comment

I think it was rather smart for the writers to make Blood somewhat sympathetic even though he has this background of being someone who is also truly evil with killing his father, putting all the blame on his mother and then killing her which we saw earlier in the season. That "I love my city!" line from Sebastian seemed like maybe Blood was still motivated to do some good even if his past is shady, although Blood most likely thinks he has valuable reasons for the things he did with his parents.

One thing I would like to know is just how exactly Slade picked Blood to help him out.
        Last edited by Anno_Domini; 05-08-2014, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I have wondered that for a long time - why did Slade choose Blood? There must be some type of story there?

Comment

An answer would be refreshing. Which is funny, because even if Isabel Rochev played a more important role in the scheme of things with Slade's plan, I care more that then about why Slade chose Isabel because at least with Isabel, it makes sense that Slade chose someone that wanted some payback against the Queen family. Sebastian is someone that had a horrible childhood but still loved Starling City…I don't really understand how Slade Wilson could get Blood to agree with his whole master plan. I mean, Slade couldn't really play up on Blood's past.

Comment

I think that, in Blood's mind, he picked Slade and not the other way around. Another master manipulation by Slade.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎