Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Streets of Fire?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought this was a really good episode, I've loved the past two episodes and can't wait for the finale. I'm actually really sad that after next week we have to go months again without Arrow.

I love the way they have handled Laurel the past two episodes as well, and in regards to the bow, I am an archer, she definitely could have drawn the compound bow back depending on the draw weight, totally plausible.

I am finding myself having mixed feelings about Sara, I want Laurel to become Black Canary, and I wasn't a fan of Sara at first, but now I'm finding myself really liking her more and more, but I still want Laurel to be Black Canary.....

Comment

Originally posted by evaba
      As usual in the season finales, the "Arrow" writers propensity for melodrama came to the fore. However, somehow the cheesy dialogue and the melodramatic scenes don't bother me. I even kind of like them...In fact, I get the feeling that the writers are doing it deliberately, as an hommage to the genre (wow, I managed to sneak in two French words there!). I mean, superhero fiction is cheesy and melodramatic by nature, right? Or maybe I'm just giving the writers too much credit...

There is IMHO a difference between bad/pretentious cheese and good cheese. Watching some scenes on "Arrow" is a bit like watching the catfights between Krystle and Alexis on "Dynasty"...they are totally over the top, but the actresses did them with such gusto that they are really fun to watch.
      Yes ! I totally agree ! I'm an olicity shipper but when I heard the violin I thought it was too much but decided to like it. It's because cheesiness is assumed and suddenly I felt like the child I was reading comics.

But I'm sorry to say that Sara saving a child didn't work for me. It was ridiculous. It was a too short easy way for the writers to redeem Sara in her sister's eyes. The character deserved a better plot. I'm afraid she dies now that they made it up. I wonder why she sees herself as unredeemable. Is it because of something she would have done on the island that we'll see in a flashback ? Or because her life in the League of Assassins ? I would like to see more of "Bad Sara".

I liked the episode but preferred the previous one. Now it's "serious" no place for humour ..

I liked Laurel with the bow. Actually I think all the criticism came because of the trailer. People thought she would kill someone (Blood probably) and that was really over the top. But this plot was good.

I hope so much that Lyla is going to fight with tean Arrow against Amanda.

Comment

I've basically accepted in my mind that "Detective" Lance must know Arrow's identity, but is channeling Batman's Jim Gordon and choosing not to name names for the greater good. It wouldn't be a stretch to assume that he is doing the same re: Canary. (I don't know if that was a knowing glance or not between the three Lances when the other cop mentioned the Canary being a hero. Quentin has Gordon on speed dial and is taking off-screen advice on how to deal with vigilantes and their secret identities. )
        I actually think that "Detective" Lance got to know Sara's secret identity quite early on in season two. What puzzles is that he doesn't recognize his daughter's boyfriend beneath the Green Arrow mask, when Sara/Canary and Oliver/Arrow are standing next to each other! I guess it's just like with Clark Kent's glasses...it's a comic book convention that we just have to try to believe in.

Comment

That was a really great episode. Was nice to see Malcolm again and I thought Thea's reaction was spot on (besides the gunshot at the end although I don't think she shot Malcolm). I thought that Sebastian may get his own back on Slade but I thought it would be more fitting if he died in the finale seeing as the original mayor died at the start of Season Two.

I thought it might be explained this episode but I would love to know how Slade is controlling 50 or so Mirakuru ex-prisoners seeing as both Slade and Roy (at least initially) were both completely nuts. Would also like to see if Isabel hallucinates about Robert. She looked amazing in her costume.

I am at a complete loss as to how Oliver has the skill to put an arrow in Slade's eye and supposedly kill him in the Island scenes. Oliver doesn't look like he is in any condition to shoot anything and the only person he has with him is Sara who doesn't have any of the skills she has in the present. Unless all those pirates Slade has with him are going to turn on him plus the other prisoners that escaped the Amazo come back to the boat I don't see how Slade is going to go down. Somehow ARGUS knew about Slade though so maybe they get involved as well as the League of Assassins member that takes Sara away.

Comment

Street of fire was the super fantastic episode, it has increase my excitement for the season finale.
            I love laurel and felicity through out the episode. After Thiya they are the most closest and important women in Oliver's life and I think Slade was talking about killing one of the two women which Oliver love most and I am quite sure it's felicity. Laurel was very understanding and helpful, though she is not a actual hero but she supported and boosting up the spirits of Canary and the Arrow to save the city by believing in them and that's what Arrow needs, someone's faith and belief in him that he will not fail the city.
            Felicity was very brave, she saved Diggle from Isabel and brilliantly handled the trauma and bloodshed. Felicity doesn't fear death.
            I want Diggle to end Amanda, her presence is unbearable. She deserves a end like Blood, he was insane and never deserves to be the mayor. He only did one thing good in his whole life, handing the cure to Arrow.
            Malcolm Merlin is back! His entry was awesome, shooting the arrow to save his daughter. I don't think he is change but he surely loves his daughter and wanted to protect her from the evil world just like he once did for Tommy, he doesn't wanted to be fail again as a father. Thea was emotionally disturb and the sudden appearance of her biological father was a shock to her, she has no intention to go with him but I think she will work out her relation with him. It was obvious in the end of episode that her target was though Malcom but she shot Slade's army soldier.
            Isabel army is just standing at the outskirts of the city. Her army and drones is a time bomb for Starling city. There is no time left to waste for Oliver, he needs to gather everything left and fight for the city he love. It's just like watching the ending scenes of movie the rise of the dark knight and batman movie part one when Batman fought with his master Ra'as al Ghul.
            The island flashback is increasing the curiosity that what accidents will led Oliver to put an arrow through Slade's eye, why Oliver thought that Sara was killed.
            Above everything else I want to know that will Oliver ever get to know that he has a kid because that secret is still hidden from Oliver.
            I have saw pictures of the next teaser of the show. Roy will be fine and will be with the team Arrow along with the dark Arrow and Canary. There's going to be a huge showdown between Oliver and Slade, he was threatening Oliver using Felicity. The title of the season finale "the unthinkable" is making me hard to wait. I am eager to know what "Unthinkable" will end Slade.
            I can't wait to watch the next episode.

Comment

For a few scary moments I thought they were going to have Felicity and Oliver kiss there but then they didn't and all was well. Seriously I don't want them to go there. Maybe in season 15. But not now.

Man I hope Sara survives the season. She makes such a cool Canary. As for Laurel, her development has been erratic; she's less annoying now overall but they shouldn't rush her into...whatever costumed identity they are planning for her (assuming such plans are still in place). I kinda like Sara more as the Canary anyway (when will they add the 'green' and 'black' to the Arrow and Canary btw, next season?). Some fans have been saying they could make Laurel the Manhunter which is not a bad idea I think. Seeing as how they just killed Kate Spencer and cleared the path for Laurel to take her place as the DA, why not have her take Kate's costumed identity from the comics as well?

Or maybe they could each be a Canary: one Black and one White.

Blood was a bit of a waste if you ask me. The writers couldn't balance his character with Slade's; once Deathstroke came into the scene they just couldn't figure out what to do with Sebastian which is a shame.

Originally posted by Quark
              I am at a complete loss as to how Oliver has the skill to put an arrow in Slade's eye and supposedly kill him in the Island scenes. Oliver doesn't look like he is in any condition to shoot anything and the only person he has with him is Sara who doesn't have any of the skills she has in the present.
              I think Oliver stabbed him in the eye with an arrow rather than actually shooting him with one.
              Last edited by Exedore; 05-09-2014, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Exedore
                Some fans have been saying they could make Laurel the Manhunter which is not a bad idea I think. Seeing as how they just killed Kate Spencer and cleared the path for Laurel to take her place as the DA, why not have her take Kate's costumed identity from the comics as well?

Or maybe they could each be a Canary: one Black and one White.
                Very good idea. The first, not the second one.

Comment

Originally posted by Fletching
                  Fairly predictable episode up until Waller sent in the ARGUS army. Now her actions in "Suicide Squad" (decision to blow up a house of innocent people) was clearly a set up to show her mind set when it comes to containing a critical situation. I thought it was a ridiculous action in "Suicide Squad" and I think it is even more ludicrous in this situation. Kill 573,000 people to stop 60 men? Give me a break. Arrow, Det Lance, and Merlyn each dropped a mirakuru soldier. They've kept Roy sedated with venom for 48 hours. And Waller can't come up with a better plan to stop them? Waller is going to be the big bad of Season 3.
                  I could see that. Doesn't Waller answer to anyone? This is a major city she is talking about wiping out. Ollie said a half million people, but I bet there are a lot more than that. Well, if you include it's metro area.

I can't imagine a governor agreeing to this. I can't imagine a president agreeing to this (well, maybe a massively incompetent one that is out playing golf while all this is going on maybe).

I don't know what ARGUS is, but it is out of the realm of plausibility that this organization could take it upon themselves to wipe out a city like this.

She is another one of those with somewhat noble goals, but unacceptable actions to achieve it.

Comment

I actually think that "Detective" Lance got to know Sara's secret identity quite early on in season two. What puzzles is that he doesn't recognize his daughter's boyfriend beneath the Green Arrow mask, when Sara/Canary and Oliver/Arrow are standing next to each other! I guess it's just like with Clark Kent's glasses...it's a comic book convention that we just have to try to believe in.
                    This has to be a comic convention.

But I vaguely remember (could be wrong) in the episode where Sara came back and the Nyssa was trying to get her, didn't both Quentin and Mom find out who Sara was? I thought Sara told Quentin about it, at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Quark
                      That was a really great episode. Was nice to see Malcolm again and I thought Thea's reaction was spot on (besides the gunshot at the end although I don't think she shot Malcolm). I thought that Sebastian may get his own back on Slade but I thought it would be more fitting if he died in the finale seeing as the original mayor died at the start of Season Two.
                      That's true, and Moira was almost Mayor, and she is also dead. Being Mayor of Starling City is kind of like being a general under Darth Vader.

Comment

Just another amazing episode. Almost seems routine now. LOL. Can't wait for the finale. #450

Comment

In "League of Assassins" Sara told Quentin that she was friends with the Arrow and Quentin said to her "You're the girl who has been beating criminals up in the glades" it was the same episode he found out she was still alive.

I guess he doesn't want to know who the Arrow is based on what he said in "Man Under the Hood" he said that if he found out who the Arrow was he would no longer be a symbol of good and he will be just another person with a family and issues to him.

Comment

GREG BERLANTI, MARC GUGGENHEIM & ANDREW KREISBERG! YOU HAVE FAILED THIS TV-SHOW!

This show really surprises you on how dumb it gets.

So Waller is okay blowing up a house full of people for the greater good. She used a drone to take out the house, not blow up the whole city. Now Waller's strictly in the retarded section by trying to kill a half-million people just because of 50 semi-strong infantry. To put it in perspective we aren't talking about an invading alien force like kryptonians or the Chitauri, just 50 guys you can take out with an arrow that explodes.

Just use a drone, have Oliver tell where Slade is (via Blood's info) and bomb the Queen building. Bam! No more leadership for the army. Use more surgical drone strikes to take out the infantry. No doubt there will be civilian casualties some way but not a half a million people.

Infact when Oliver lost the company he should have known where Slade and Isabel were. And now that I think about it why didn't Oliver or anyone else tell Thea about Isabel. She even comes to visit Thea like it's nothing! Team Arrow sucks at getting better, they just get their asses kicked time and time again. They introduce a new base for Oliver but forget it again and opt to use the clock tower instead.

Oliver is a damn pansy, he's ready to give up in half the scenes he's in. First he gets pep talks from Laurel and now from Felicity. Oliver's supposed to be the hero, the backbone which keeps everyone else up and fighting. We already saw ten seasons of this in Smallville and The CW hasn't learned it's lesson.

A couple of episodes Thea said Robert Queen wasn't his father and never truly was but Malcom Merlyn is. In this episode she states pretty much the opposite...for DRAMA! Even if Malcom is the bad guy he just saved your life and will keep trying to save it as long as the city is going to hell.

Summer Glau's voice in that ridiculous mask doesn't look or sound threatening at all. A miscast I'd say.

Sara comes back to hear a rallying speech from Laurel and ends up saving a random kid in a scene that probably used footage directly from a Sam Raimi Spider-Man movies. I guess the showrunners are really grasping at straws writing characters going in and out and giving Laurel a purpose.

Last episode Oliver told Sara to leave the sub which ended her getting caught. Now Oliver tells Sara the same thing again though they do get caught in the end. Oliver let's Laurel go by herself and is only rescued by Sara. Why can't the chicks just stay with the dudes. This manly chivalry is only making things worse!

Voted 1 and will probably add more faults when I can remember them. Just one more episode to go and then it's bye bye Arrow, I've given the show a royal chance to win me over.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎