Collapse
No announcement yet.

#3.21-#3.22 - "Snow Drifts" and "There's No Place Like Home"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My point exactly. If Rumple said "yeah, I put Zelena on the wrong side of the grass", I would think everyone would sing a couple of choruses of "Ding, Dong, The Witch Is Dead" and be done with it. Well, maybe not Belle and maybe not Regina, but everyone else. It would be better than thinking Zelena is out there somewhere, waiting to attack again.

Comment

Originally posted by spotteddog
      My point exactly. If Rumple said "yeah, I put Zelena on the wrong side of the grass", I would think everyone would sing a couple of choruses of "Ding, Dong, The Witch Is Dead" and be done with it. Well, maybe not Belle and maybe not Regina, but everyone else. It would be better than thinking Zelena is out there somewhere, waiting to attack again.
      Exactly. But some of the character are pretty dumb.

Comment

So I have been thinking about who is going to be burned at the stake. First off I am convinced that the burning results from something Emma and Hook do - inadvertently, but true just the same. My initial list was: Snow, Emma, Regina. I don't think it will be Regina, because she seems to be in charge, and she could just "poof" away. Same for Rumple - too powerful for that to happen, which is why he never made my list. So to me that leaves Emma and Snow, and I am going with Snow. One problem - if Snow is killed, I would think that Emma would cease to exist.

?????????

Comment

I agree the only two people who would be upset at Zelena's death wold be Belle and Regina. Belle has forgiven Rumple for a lot of things but maybe not this one. She won't be upset that he killed Zelena as much as he deceived her in order to do it. For Regina, it is because she got a second chance from Snow and now has a son and has become good and now can use light magic. It is only natural she would want to give her own sister the second chance she was given.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyGal
            I agree the only two people who would be upset at Zelena's death wold be Belle and Regina. Belle has forgiven Rumple for a lot of things but maybe not this one. She won't be upset that he killed Zelena as much as he deceived her in order to do it. For Regina, it is because she got a second chance from Snow and now has a son and has become good and now can use light magic. It is only natural she would want to give her own sister the second chance she was given.
            She doesn't even care that Rumple's son got killed by her and that it could have been her own son.

Comment

So I have been thinking about who is going to be burned at the stake. First off I am convinced that the burning results from something Emma and Hook do - inadvertently, but true just the same. My initial list was: Snow, Emma, Regina. I don't think it will be Regina, because she seems to be in charge, and she could just "poof" away. Same for Rumple - too powerful for that to happen, which is why he never made my list. So to me that leaves Emma and Snow, and I am going with Snow. One problem - if Snow is killed, I would think that Emma would cease to exist.

?????????
              From the BTS photo, it kind of looks like Snow. It makes me think of "Back to the Future". Maybe as she changes the past and endangering ever being born, she kind of starts to fade in and out.

Comment

So to me that leaves Emma and Snow, and I am going with Snow. One problem - if Snow is killed, I would think that Emma would cease to exist.

?????????
                From the pics it does seem to be Snow. As for Emma's existence, that would depend on what kind of time travel rules they are going to implement. If it's like Back to the Future then yeah Emma should start fading away like Marty. On the other hand, it could very well be like the Terminator universe where the time traveler is not affected by the changes (s)he causes in the timeline. Maybe Emma and/or Hook accidentally changes the past and comes back to a drastically different present. That's the plot for the next season (or at least the first arc): how the saviour restores the timeline.

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
                  She doesn't even care that Rumple's son got killed by her and that it could have been her own son.
                  There is no doubt that losing a child is horrible and Rumple's anger is justified. Regina does care that he lost his son and was at Neal's funeral and genuinely seemed sad. However, Regina has killed a lot of people and she knows she should have been killed a long time ago for all the evil she has done. So, it would be hypocritical of her to accept the forgiveness and second chance she has been given but deny it to others.

Comment

Originally posted by Exedore
                    From the pics it does seem to be Snow. As for Emma's existence, that would depend on what kind of time travel rules they are going to implement. If it's like Back to the Future then yeah Emma should start fading away like Marty. On the other hand, it could very well be like the Terminator universe where the time traveler is not affected by the changes (s)he causes in the timeline. Maybe Emma and/or Hook accidentally changes the past and comes back to a drastically different present. That's the plot for the next season (or at least the first arc): how the saviour restores the timeline.
                    If it is like the Terminator universe where Emma still lives even though she was never born, that would mean Henry was never born and there wouldn't be a savior or perhaps a different savior to break the original curse. Yeah - this is why time travel and altering the past can get really complicated really fast.

Comment

But if Snow dies, the changes would be massive. Charming would have hooked up with someone else. There would be no baby Charming, and maybe no Henry. Rumple would have still lost Bae, so I see the dark curse still being cast and Storybrooke being created. I am sure there are other ramifications that I am not considering.

But I agree with Exedore - the restoration of the timeline will be the plot for next year, arc #1.

Comment

There's one thing I don't get: Zelena did all this so that she could change the past - specifically to prevent Cora from abandoning her after birth. Shouldn't the portal then lead back to young Cora's time, when she was pregnant with Zelena? And yet it seems Emma and Hook have only gone back to the recent past, when Regina is already around and is the Evil Queen. What happened? Did the spell not work right or is something else going on?

Comment

?????????
                          I was hoping it'd be Regina.

Remember the dream that she had in Season 1 near the end? I was hoping it'd be her to bring some truth to that dream.

Comment

Maybe changing the past "comes with a price", and Zelena won't achieve the exact changes she wants?

Comment

Originally posted by Exedore
                              There's one thing I don't get: Zelena did all this so that she could change the past - specifically to prevent Cora from abandoning her after birth. Shouldn't the portal then lead back to young Cora's time, when she was pregnant with Zelena? And yet it seems Emma and Hook have only gone back to the recent past, when Regina is already around and is the Evil Queen. What happened? Did the spell not work right or is something else going on?
                              It seems like these portals take people to places they are thinking about. Maybe the subject on how Snow and Charming met came up at the diner for the baby's coronation. Soon after she is told Zelena is missing. She doesn't want to scare Snow so she and Hook leave the diner to go investigate. Since her last thought of the past was how Snow and Charming met, that is where she was sent.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyGal
                                There is no doubt that losing a child is horrible and Rumple's anger is justified. Regina does care that he lost his son and was at Neal's funeral and genuinely seemed sad. However, Regina has killed a lot of people and she knows she should have been killed a long time ago for all the evil she has done. So, it would be hypocritical of her to accept the forgiveness and second chance she has been given but deny it to others.
                                The thing is that I doubt she would act the same way if Henry would have died. That' my problem with it all. Zelena didn't really do any real damage to Regina, it wasn't like she killed her son and kept her in a cage where she physically and mentally abused her. Or controlled her with a dagger making her do horrible things and also threaten the person she loves. Regina also knows that Rumple has done all that he has done in 250 years was to find his son. And now just get it ripped by Zelena.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎