Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Kansas?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Kansas?

What did you think?
    10 - This episode was a good witch.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Throw water on this episode and destroy it.
    0%

I got the opportunity to see this earlier, and I greatly enjoyed it.

They packed a lot into this episode, and I thought it was really well done. I liked a lot of the twists that happened, and was almost worried that they were closing everything off before the next episode even hit. I was glad to see that was squashed and that they set up for an interesting next episode. I'm very much eager to see what's going to happen to all of the characters now that Zelena's plan B (if that's what it was) went into effect and a portal was created. Are they going to be drawn into Oz? Is it the time spell working its magic? It's an interesting thing to think about since if it was just an Oz portal, why did it open in the exact spot that the time spell was being cast?

The Oz moments were interesting to say the least. I like that Zelena had her moment to be good, and instantly cast it aside the moment Dorothy stepped into the picture and she read the book. I also enjoyed that the water thing really was a trick to get Dorothy home (since I imagine she knew Dorothy didn't want to be there). It was something I would have expected in an instant.

Outside of that, the Storybrooke moments were pretty good, though I'm with other users that didn't really buy the Regina thing. As hard as she has been working on redeeming herself, she turned good way too fast, and the fact that she was suddenly able to use light magic was confusing as I imagined it was connected to the person's heart (hers being full of dark spots) as well.

So glad to see Rumple being Rumple, though! I was glad that even after the proposal to Belle (which was a great trick by him to switch the daggers, even if he meant every word he said), he went right back to being the guy we know and love for killing people that screw with him. Though it was cool to see that Zelena's death didn't mean it was the end of her. But was that her backup plan, or did it have something to do with the pendant and nothing to do with her (aside from her changing it)?
    Last edited by Leonatus; 05-05-2014, 04:49 PM.

Comment

This was a great episode, lots of action and plot movement. And I for one was happy that Rumple killed Zelena. I would hve been really sorry if Rumple did not get his revenge.

I think Zelena's plan is still in play. Somehow Zelena had to die to enact the plan, and maybe she even had to die at the hand of Rumple. Zelena even said "do it" to Rumple, but Regina stopped him. But now Zelena is dead (for now), and what looked like a portal is in the barn. I think Zelena's plan, other than a little hiccup, went just fine.

I still feel Zelena did something to little Charming (who I bet is going to be named Neal) while he was in the womb, and that concerns me.
      Last edited by spotteddog; 05-04-2014, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by spotteddog
        I for one was happy that Rumple killed Zelena. I would hve been really sorry if Rumple did not get his revenge.
        I was happy to see her "go," and I knew it was a fake the second he appeared outside of her cell.

I think Zelena's plan is still in play. Somehow Zelena had to die to enact the plan, and maybe she even had to die at the hand of Rumple. Zelena even said "do it" to Rumple, but Regina stopped him. But now Zelena is dead (for now), and what looked like a portal is in the barn. I think Zelena's plan, other than a little hiccup, went just fine.
        I agree, and realized that she succeeded when her "smoke" was absorbed into the portal. That was probably the one minor detail she left out. She's back in time changing everything (which would explain all of the scenes in the trailer that look like they're set at the beginning of the series).

Still, if Rumple and Regina are so skilled in magic, wouldn't they have knowledge of that detail since I'm sure they had to cover time travel spells at some point?

As for me, I gave the episode an 8 – mostly because I felt that Regina's belief in white magic happened a little too quickly. However, I am happy that she had a turn in taking Zelena down, because I was really getting sick and tired of seeing Regina being so "non-Alpha," so to speak.

At this point, I'm a little concerned that they've chosen to deal with time travel. There has to be a paradox going on (ie: a conflicting present and a past that's being rewritten).

I can't wait for next week, though.
        Last edited by Aries83; 05-04-2014, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Good episode- but based on what we saw in the previews for next week, I don't know if the curse (or whatever it is) goes exactly as it was meant to.

I am a little concerned over Regina's smirk when she's in the mausoleum and when she said, "Today I am." Don't turn back!

Comment

I'm unhappy with the episode. I don't like Emma losing her powers, I hate it.

Other than that... I'm tired of Prince Charming being unbelievably stupid, I wonder if it's some sort of feminist commentary, as they're reversing his historical role in literature. All he does is make bad decisions and ask others to explain things to him. He joins fights but he's always the weakest person in the group.
            Last edited by DA_Champion; 05-05-2014, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Emma losing her powers was cheap, if Zelena went back in time though I'm going to fathom a guess and expect Emma might get them back by either meeting Neal in the past or just when Zelena dies. Still, it was cheap and even more so by giving that role to Regina.

Comment

^That's more than likely why they did it, to give the moment to Regina. Remember, at this show's core it's a drama, so they're going to do whatever it takes to make the genre known. The hero losing her powers so that a character can redeem herself is definitely not unheard of at all...and as sappy and cheap as it is, it fits the genre-type very well.

Comment

Yeah, but a hero losing her powers before she really gets to truly show them outside little teases and I think that's my primary problem. I would've preferred to at least show more of Emma's potential, perhaps nearly defeating Zelena before her inexperience or the Hook thing (bringing him along in the episode was stupid given he was a liability on top of being cursed) bring about her losing them. Regina could've still got her redemption by being the one to end it. But now Regina can do Light magic along with Dark so Emma's magic seems redundant. Not that she cared about it anyway.

Oh well, we'll see where they're going with this all soon I guess.

Comment

Why would meeting Neal in the past bring Emma's magic back? He never believed in her powers and her being the savior was the reason he left her in the first place. So definitely no!

if anyone brings her powers back it will be Killian Jones, because he was the one she lost them over, saving his life!! Her "Killian, come back to me" killed me :') emma letting her walls slip for a moment out of fear to again loose someone she loves! Beautifully acted scene and great writing!

Oh they will have such a great time and big adventures coming their way in the enchanted forrest judging from the promo pictures and the promo! I can't wait to see it!

and I can't wait for emma to finally realize what her home is... her parents, her son and killian jones!!
                    Last edited by Jolly Roger; 05-08-2014, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Poor Zelena. Doomed to always be rejected.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎