0 0%

0 0%

1 3.03%
  • 1 - City of Bored

3 9.09%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by southrnbygrace View Post
    Unless they do something phenomenal in the next two episodes, Iím pretty much done with Arrow. The entire last half of the season has been Slade wins, Slade wins, Slade wins. Island island island. Slade wins Slade wins Slade wins, island island island.

Well, this viewer hates Slade AND I hate the island crap, so yep, Iím done. Iím sure Iíll continue to catch glimpses of scenes from time to time, but the writers have totally ruined the show for me. I donít understand why anything that is happening is happening and I really donít understand why the body count isnít more EVEN.

Kill Slade, kill Malcolm, kill Isabel, kill BloodÖ.start from scratch with bad guys that makes you want to understand them, even if you donít. Give me bad guys that are somewhat sympatheticÖ.but the four *******s of the apocalypse need to be on a fast train to hell and SOON!!!

I still have hope for Olicity and I know Iíll watch those scenes when Oliver gets his head out of ass and realizes he loves her, but the rest of the showÖ.not interested at all. Itís jumped the shark for me.
    I totally understand where you are coming from but you should cut the producers of Arrow some slack as they are having a difficult time trying to fit in a lot of different story lines while trying to give the main characters (Oliver, Laurel, Diggle and Felicity), at least a second of screen time per episode and they also have to include some island scenes that have to be in the context of of the current timeline so it would be really hard work for the producers of Arrow and I appreciate, and absolutely love this tv show... I know that Slade has been winning a lot in terms of tormenting Oliver and all and that you think that Slade's winning has been ' repeated ', but trust me Arrow will get better and better including this season 2 ending and the ' crap ' episodes have basically been building up to the season 2 ending and it will be a killer amazing episode that you must watch it will be awesome! And i don't know why but most of us Arrow fans (well fans that i have seen and talked to) don't really care that much about getting to know/feeling sympathetic for the bad guys (Rochev and Blood) as everyone kinda hates them anyways and just wants them to be their for the purpose of Oliver to defeat them so their story doesn't even matter to us... And we already know enough about Malcolm Merlyn so we don't need to know more of his story except for the fact that we would all like to see him kick some ass and talk to Thea... and trust me a lot of Arrow fans think that Malcolm Merlyn is is a badass awesome dude! and apparently in season 3, their will be whole heap of new enemies that Oliver and team arrow will fight against so arrow will indeed be better! BTW: I am a huge mega Olicity fan!!! and i'm pretty sure that Oliver and Felicity will be together sooner or later for a while until their relationship ends and they return to being friends/working together until the end of Arrow when Oliver as Arrow and Laurel as Black Canary will be together... (or Felicity could die (you never know, but i would be extremely, extremely, extremely sad!!!).. so PLZ DONT GIVE UP ON ARROW AS IT IS AN AMAZING SHOW!!! (sorry for my rant.. and i hope what i said makes sense to whomever is reading this)

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmeister View Post
    Pretty good episode building to the to season finale. I laugh though how people want something to big to happen in one minor episode and then complain later on when they have nothing major to top it. Things I like in this episode was the Laurel and Oliver talk (Laurel is slowing making me like her again), The Felicity scenes (Proving again she doesn't have to date Oliver to be a strong woman on the show) and the part where Oliver talks about how it started with the 3 (Team Arrow).
    finally someone who actually understands this episode and actually makes sense!! as other arrow fans are getting really mad and starting to dislike this show just because a couple of episodes (and this episode) were bad (which i don't even think this episode was even bad), when the purpose of this episode was to:

1) build tension up for the last episode in season 2 as everything/ all plot devises are starting to connect and the last episode of this season is going to be amazing!!!
    2) reveal the big picture for the invasion of Starling City from Slade's team.
    3) reveal the fact that Laurel now know's Oliver is the Arrow, which sets Laurel up for possibly becoming the Black Canary after Sara dies from Slade (if thats gonna happen).
    4) Finally get ready for the ultimate fight/ending between Oliver and Slade's rivalry which has spanned over 6 years both in the past and present and on the island and in Star City !!

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by thatoneguy View Post
    Looks like star labs found a cure or Barry woke up judging from that phone call. I'm thinking Malcom is going to help team arrow in some way.

im curious as to how they will handle Roy, cure him? Or let him fight the other mirakuru guys and then cute him? Either way they need to work on the Roy character because right now he doesn't make sense. I def like season 1 Roy better.
    i'm pretty sure that the call from star labs was for the cure but you never know maybe the call from star labs was for both the cure and barry... but i think it was for the cure for some reason and i think Roy will redeam himself somehow and be a massive asset to team arrow and then oliver will further train roy and roy will become red arrow later...

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by costas22 View Post
    Yeah, that's generally how Team Arrow has been established in most fans' minds. Not sure that will ever be the case again with Sara, Roy and Laurel knowing though. Sara will probably be written off the show (gets killed, joins the LOA again or what have you), but the the other two will still be there. It will take a lot to make a new Team Arrow with the chemistry it had in Season 1, IMO.
    yeah i kinda miss the team arrow trio only, but i don't think that will ever be like that again, this is not necessarily bad as it sets Oliver up into being a hero and having a team of heroes or whatever...

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by costas22 View Post
    I'm certain I'll enjoy the next 2 episodes a lot more. Not that this was bad, but as a set up episode for the big finale, imo it disappointed in a couple of areas.

When Laurel had her initial suspicions about Blood, I never understood why everyone would dismiss them because of her drunk state. It wasn't like Blood proved them wrong about everything. At the time I speculated that they would conveniently get suspicious again in the last 2-3 episodes. And voila. At the same time, I didn't like the manner in which Blood got the time stamp wrong. Really uncharacteristic from someone who was supposedly one step ahead this whole season.

The Oliver/Team Arrow stuff was pretty nice and emotional. As was the scene with Thea and Oliver. Laurel being involved in the Team's business takes some getting used to, considering how they've written her most of this season. But it was nice to see her proactive and supportive again.

Was Felicity badmouthing Moira the day of the funeral really necessary? Jeez.

RIP IT guy. That's the second tragic loss in as many episodes.

7.5 out of 10. Was going with 7, but I appreciated the fact that Dig has a bigger role to play than usual. Often the overlooked rock of the group.
    i agree with you in the sense that i loved the emotional stuff as it really showed how everyone was affected by Moira's death and im actually starting to kinda like Thea but she just needs to stop whinnying and chucking mini tantrums like a baby but apart from that she is a very likeable character!. I totally agree that seeing Laurel working with Team Arrow and being in the arrow cave is is a big shock and it will personally take me some time to like and get used to... and IMO i think that the death of Detective Lances police force I.T. guy means that the police and Detective Lance will need to/start working with Felicity for all the I.T. stuff as she is now the only good I.T. expert (or so i think) and this will tie and bring Detective Lance and Oliver as Arrow and Team Arrow more together as they will form an alliance and work with each other! and apparently Paul Blackthorn (the actor of Detective Lance) accidentally spoiled in an interview that Detective Lance and the police force will form an alliance with Team Arrow in the end of season 2 !!! and that will be awesome for everyone !!

What's up with Felicity bashing a person at their funeral? I mean also after she gave her life for Oliver and Thea? :s What kind of person is she really? :s And I used to actually like her.

Last week's episode was hectic, epic and really got the adrenaline going. This week felt like a cool down - there were consequences to all that happened last week and the week before. i felt there was lot of consistency at play here - once again, Oliver goes running and hiding when he can not deal with emotions. By hiding out, we see once again that he needs to isolate himself. This episode tied off a few issues that were not dealt with previously - the fact that Tommy died believing Oliver was a murderer, and then Oliver getting vindicated by Laurel - her trust in him, and full acceptance of who and what he is.
    Oliver is still trying to protect Thea, and failing.
    This episode needed people to "whine". Moira died. we can not ignore the fact that a scion of Starling City has passed on, and doing anything less would have done the show an injustice.
    clothes etc.
    I loved the way Felicity geeked out at Argus. Will she be joining them I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by markom97 View Post
    i agree with you in the sense that i loved the emotional stuff as it really showed how everyone was affected by Moira's death and im actually starting to kinda like Thea but she just needs to stop whinnying and chucking mini tantrums like a baby but apart from that she is a very likeable character!. I totally agree that seeing Laurel working with Team Arrow and being in the arrow cave is is a big shock and it will personally take me some time to like and get used to... and IMO i think that the death of Detective Lances police force I.T. guy means that the police and Detective Lance will need to/start working with Felicity for all the I.T. stuff as she is now the only good I.T. expert (or so i think) and this will tie and bring Detective Lance and Oliver as Arrow and Team Arrow more together as they will form an alliance and work with each other! and apparently Paul Blackthorn (the actor of Detective Lance) accidentally spoiled in an interview that Detective Lance and the police force will form an alliance with Team Arrow in the end of season 2 !!! and that will be awesome for everyone !!

Thea was surprisingly calm in her last scene with Ollie. Didn't expect to see that, since she clearly suspects Oliver's past with Slade led to Moira's murder. I found her moaning in Seeing Red a bit over the top, but she was written much better here. I was glad they decided to make her a bit less melodramatic here. Especially after what she witnessed. All in all, imo the show dealt with Moira's death very well.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Team Arrow and the police worked together to combat Slade's army in the end. I suspect help will arrive from other sources as well. It might be one really big and weird family by the time we get to the Finale.

Not a good episode, but I liked this:

* Isabel / Felicity dialog
    * The island flashback
    * When Ollie sees Laurel @ *****

Posting Pro
    Okay, had some time to assimilate the episode. Firstly, Stephen Amell said that the final three episodes happen in one night, 24 style. So I took that as them being a 'three-part finale'. Anyone who is familiar with any form of storytelling and has read the episode summaries can tell that this episode and the next two form a mini-hero's journey. Oliver is at his deepest despair right now. He was called to action, but refused the call in favor of turning himself over to Slade Wilson to end this. Instead, those who cared for him snatched him up and let the one person who could get through his thick skull have a go at him, free of charge. In this particular scenario, the blind spot Oliver has for Laurel Lance has worked in favor. Now with renewed energy and ready for action, Oliver brushes off his old skillset and gives Sebastian Blood one chance to turn away from his plan only to find a fanatic who might just be as bad as Malcolm Merlyn (a protege perhaps?). Oliver and his team prepare to lay down an assault on the Mirakuru Army, but find themselves interrupted at every turn; Felicity receives a call from STAR Labs (with news of a cure, hopefully); Isabel/Ravager is about ready to end Diggle for 'killing' her; and Laurel and Oliver have become trapped not unlike Laurel once was last year (as evidenced by the preview for next week's episode). Meanwhile, Thea and Quentin find themselves in danger as well as two Mirakuru Soldiers have laid siege to the train station and police station, respectively.

Now, I'm sure those who are expecting me to say something different will be shocked by this, but Laurel standing in the Arrowcave, giving Oliver a dressing down after asking Dig and Felicity to give them a moment (which they did without question, I might point out) gave a serious insight into how the dynamic might work from now on, even if Laurel is only dispensing legal advice for the time being. Not to mention, it seemed much more natural to see Laurel in the Arrowcave as opposed to Sara. Yeah, surprise, right? But when Sara was first in the cave this year, it seemed 'off' somehow, but Laurel seems a natural fit. Sorry, fellow Sara fans, but wihle she's been great as a Proto-Canary (which, I might add, I gave her the name of back before I started by 'defense of Sara' campaign), she just didn't mesh well. Felicity and Diggle took time to mesh well with Sara; with Laurel, they instantly did as she asked. Yeah, in part because they asked her to talk some sense into Oliver, but even when Sara and Oliver were having their arguments, you had Dig and Felicity nearby.

The island sequence was remarkably dull this time around. Hopefully the final two sequences will be more interesting.

Oliver saying it was time to get back to just the trio was great and I hope that continues next season. Oh, hey, look they also have a new base of operations ready to go since Verdant might just be lost (Isabel you ****).

All in all, I stand by my 10 rating.

Now, I noted that there was some unhappy. One person whined about the amount of whining using an eye-catching font that all but guaranteed a once-over. Well, I'm glad that a show that's got a semi-realistic edge is doing realistic things when it comes to grief. I'm going to assume that for those who complained, you haven't lost anyone close to you for a while, if at all. I lost my mother to cancer a year and a half ago, and it still hurts to think about her! I stopped watching a lot of shows because they didn't handle grief elements well. The two shows I now watch regularly do; that is Arrow and Person of Interest.

As for Felicity's comments, yes they were inappropriate at a wake, but in all honesty, Felicity has never had a filter on her brain-to-mouth conduit. That was just in-character, and their few interactions were not good ones. So her grief is for Oliver and the pain he's going through, not Moira.

Enjoyed this episode a lot.
    Was expecting Oliver to come clean with Thea about everything considering what happen in the last episode but that didn't happen.
    Wasn't expecting Laurel to show up at the Arrow cave so soon, but a pleasant surprise. Glad she was back on track with suspecting Blood's involvement with everything.
    Loved the Oliver/Sebastian scene.
    Isabel showing up was great.
    Can't wait for Malcom to return. Slade doesn't realize what a can of worms he has opened up by killing Moira. The Queens seem to have a lot of powerful and dangerous allies.
    Last edited by Who; 05-01-2014 at 03:32 PM.

Forum Whiz
    I really enjoyed that episode. A few things bugged me though. One was when Slade called Sebastian, the receptionist said it was Sebastian's Father. Surely there are better ways of letting someone know who is on the other end of the phone rather than talking about a dead guy.

The last thing was when Oliver talked about the substitute for The Foundry. Surely The Foundry has already been compromised seeing as Slade has broken into it.

I did love seeing Isabel this episode especially at the end with those two swords. I wonder if she is going to start hallucinating about Robert? Seeing as Roy and Slade had visions of both the people they loved I suppose the same thing will happen to Isabel. As well as the other 30 people or so that Slade has under his control. I hope in the next episode or so we see that not all of those people with Mirakuru are completely under Slade's control or how on Earth Slade has made them under his control.

Next episode, I can just imagine Diggle being saved by ARGUS or Oliver from Isabel (although I hope she doesn't die) and Thea will be saved by Malcolm. I am really psyched for the last two episodes.
    Last edited by Quark; 05-02-2014 at 04:39 AM.

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Anu View Post
    What's up with Felicity bashing a person at their funeral? I mean also after she gave her life for Oliver and Thea? :s What kind of person is she really? :s And I used to actually like her.
    Yeah, I don't know why she did that. It doesn't reflect well on her. But, I guess they want to show that everybody has good and bad points in this show.

Forum Whiz
    I liked the episode.

The funeral and the grief were done well. It's still shocking that Ollie wouldn't show up at his own mothers funeral. He must have really been at the end of his rope. What I found interesting was how everyone was down on him for not being there. I could agree most of the time, but for all they knew dude was being held a hostage by Deathstroke. It seems the only who picked up on that were Diggle and Felicity.

Diggle and Felicity are true friends to the Arrow. They went to great lengths to find him, and then bringing Laurel in was a genius move that I would credit to Diggle. He always thought Ollie had a blind spot for her, so lets use that to try and get through the torment in his mind. In other words, Ollies team did not give up on him, even though he had given up on himself.

Laurel, finally, you're getting your act together. It made me happy to see her and Quentin working together, instead of butting heads. It also made me happy to see her get through to Ollie. They should have her recite the 300 speech to Starling City lol. It did not make me happy to see her show up in the Mirakuru army fight, but she did help Oliver. I don't think that Oliver will allow her to get hurt, he will find a way. Maybe that is why she went there. She seems to be returning to more of her season one form now, when she was a strong woman.

Everything seems to be setting up for an action packed episode next time.

I find it funny that we see another location that Ollie can suit up in in the same episode where the Queens have to give everything up.

And where the heck is Roy?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast