0 0%

1 3.03%
  • 1 - City of Bored

3 9.09%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "City of Blood?"

What did you think?

Wasn't much of an ending...not the best place to end it but otherwise excellent episode! I loved Laurels speech to Ollie, felicity interrogating the man with technology and Ollie recognizing " the three" as a group: him, Diggle and felicity. I wonder how this is going to end??

Board Master
    That's the Dinah Laurel we should have gotten from the start. If she survives the season finale, then I can see her as Black Canary and replace Sarah.

Posting Pro
    I'll post a more in-depth review when I watch it a second time, but here's what I loved the most:

- Laurel giving Oliver a stern talking to and getting his ass back on track.
    - Laurel becoming more prominent again.
    - Oliver telling Blood he's the Arrow.
    - Blood trying to remain a loyal dog to Slade even after Oliver's warning. He's so getting kicked.
    - Oh, and Laurel distracting the Mirakuru soldier long enough for Oliver to get a bomb-arrow.

As I said, will give a more full review once I see it again. But all in all, 10 out of 10. I think I've only ever given one episode a 9 on this site, though I can't remember which one it was (which likely means a Season 1 episode).

Unless they do something phenomenal in the next two episodes, I’m pretty much done with Arrow. The entire last half of the season has been Slade wins, Slade wins, Slade wins. Island island island. Slade wins Slade wins Slade wins, island island island.

Well, this viewer hates Slade AND I hate the island crap, so yep, I’m done. I’m sure I’ll continue to catch glimpses of scenes from time to time, but the writers have totally ruined the show for me. I don’t understand why anything that is happening is happening and I really don’t understand why the body count isn’t more EVEN.

Kill Slade, kill Malcolm, kill Isabel, kill Blood….start from scratch with bad guys that makes you want to understand them, even if you don’t. Give me bad guys that are somewhat sympathetic….but the four *******s of the apocalypse need to be on a fast train to hell and SOON!!!

I still have hope for Olicity and I know I’ll watch those scenes when Oliver gets his head out of ass and realizes he loves her, but the rest of the show….not interested at all. It’s jumped the shark for me.

New In Town
    Pretty good episode building to the to season finale. I laugh though how people want something to big to happen in one minor episode and then complain later on when they have nothing major to top it. Things I like in this episode was the Laurel and Oliver talk (Laurel is slowing making me like her again), The Felicity scenes (Proving again she doesn't have to date Oliver to be a strong woman on the show) and the part where Oliver talks about how it started with the 3 (Team Arrow).

Settling In
    Looks like star labs found a cure or Barry woke up judging from that phone call. I'm thinking Malcom is going to help team arrow in some way.

im curious as to how they will handle Roy, cure him? Or let him fight the other mirakuru guys and then cute him? Either way they need to work on the Roy character because right now he doesn't make sense. I def like season 1 Roy better.

New In Town
    Quote Originally Posted by thatoneguy View Post
    im curious as to how they will handle Roy, cure him? Or let him fight the other mirakuru guys and then cute him? Either way they need to work on the Roy character because right now he doesn't make sense. I def like season 1 Roy better.
    There should be some sort of moment of redemption/sacrifice where he saves Oliver but loses an arm. Then cured and trained to become Arsenal. But who knows...

Last night´s episode-big disappointment. Quite honestly if someone wont see this episodes or skip it, no harm will happen, because nothing really important happened. 3/4 of the runtime was about whining that nothing can be done to stop slade and things related with moira´s death, simply nothing new or with wow effect(Laurel in the ArrowCave was something that i expected) Even the ending which i was expected to be full of action according to promo, was s*h*i*t*t*y and yet again nothing really happened. Imho the brightest moments of this episode were, when oliver told sebastian, that he´s Arrow, and few moments from the Island(which there are not enough, so we can be grateful, if they fill up 3 minutes of the entire episode). Well as i sad, bad bad episode, i want another right now, ´cos this one was not satisfying at all.
    Last edited by vivo; 05-01-2014 at 12:54 AM.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by super_j_man View Post
    Wasn't much of an ending...not the best place to end it but otherwise excellent episode! I loved Laurels speech to Ollie, felicity interrogating the man with technology and Ollie recognizing " the three" as a group: him, Diggle and felicity. I wonder how this is going to end??
    yeah i love it how most fans of arrow also agree that they just love the trio of only Oliver, Diggle and Felicity and i am seriusly also wondering how this is gonna end as the producers of Arrow still have a few surprises install for us!!!

I'm certain I'll enjoy the next 2 episodes a lot more. Not that this was bad, but as a set up episode for the big finale, imo it disappointed in a couple of areas.

When Laurel had her initial suspicions about Blood, I never understood why everyone would dismiss them because of her drunk state. It wasn't like Blood proved them wrong about everything. At the time I speculated that they would conveniently get suspicious again in the last 2-3 episodes. And voila. At the same time, I didn't like the manner in which Blood got the time stamp wrong. Really uncharacteristic from someone who was supposedly one step ahead this whole season.

The Oliver/Team Arrow stuff was pretty nice and emotional. As was the scene with Thea and Oliver. Laurel being involved in the Team's business takes some getting used to, considering how they've written her most of this season. But it was nice to see her proactive and supportive again.

Was Felicity badmouthing Moira the day of the funeral really necessary? Jeez.

RIP IT guy. That's the second tragic loss in as many episodes.

7.5 out of 10. Was going with 7, but I appreciated the fact that Dig has a bigger role to play than usual. Often the overlooked rock of the group.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by vantheman77 View Post
    That's the Dinah Laurel we should have gotten from the start. If she survives the season finale, then I can see her as Black Canary and replace Sarah.
    agreed! but apparently Oliver and Laurel are definitely gonna survive and be in season 3 and the producers of Arrow have said multiple times that they have huge plans for Laurel's character and she will eventually become the Black Canary.

Posting Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by costas22 View Post
    When Laurel had her initial suspicions about Blood, I never understood why everyone would dismiss them because of her drunk state. It wasn't like Blood proved them wrong about everything. At the time I speculated that they would conveniently get suspicious again in the last 2-3 episodes. And voila. At the same time, I didn't like the manner in which Blood got the time stamp wrong. Really uncharacteristic from someone who was supposedly one step ahead this whole season.
    You haven't known a drunk then, drunk's are typically unreliable and delusional so it was completely understandable why no one believe Laurel.
    As for Blood not proving Laurel wrong, if he was to try and do it he would've basically been admitting he was worried about what a drunk was saying which is something you typically aren't worried about espicially as a state official.
    The 1 step ahead part is a bit of a stretch. I wouldn't say he's been a step ahead at all this season, it's been Slade that's been ahead and he's just been following his orders. The document is something he would've known was the proper thing to do and would've spent time wording it. Though with that being said, to have a time stamp on a file when it's opened is completely stupid. No document has something like that nor do they have features like that on the majority of documents.

Quote Originally Posted by markom97 View Post
    yeah i love it how most fans of arrow also agree that they just love the trio of only Oliver, Diggle and Felicity and i am seriusly also wondering how this is gonna end as the producers of Arrow still have a few surprises install for us!!!
    Yeah, that's generally how Team Arrow has been established in most fans' minds. Not sure that will ever be the case again with Sara, Roy and Laurel knowing though. Sara will probably be written off the show (gets killed, joins the LOA again or what have you), but the the other two will still be there. It will take a lot to make a new Team Arrow with the chemistry it had in Season 1, IMO.

New In Town
    Was the episode the best of the season? No. But the producers have said multiple times that the last three episodes are essentially one long season finale, and as such, that is how I will judge it.

But I do have some thoughts on my first viewing:

1. Some people said the episode had a lot of 'whining', I disagree. Moira () just died, so I felt like it was the natural place to start. And it's good to see some characters grieve (Side note: That was something I always felt Smallville wasn't particularly good at. Excluding Vengeance *sniffles*)

2. I will admit that I found, despite having more time then usual to tell the story, a lot of stuff felt rushed. I understand that this episode was supposed to get everyone where they needed to be, but still it didn't seem to flow organically. And Laurel found the dirt on Sebastian way too fast for my liking.

3. Ollie limped in the beginning, but then it seemed to disappear. Adrenaline? Super-Duper Magic Leather pants? The cure-all island herbs? All joking aside, now that Oliver is strapped for cash he should get into the pharmaceutical business with those herbs.

4. Does Colton Haynes have the easiest series regular role in the history of television?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast