#1.21 Kill Switch

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #1.21 Kill Switch

So, What did you think?

That blonde girl really annoyed me these last episodes, especially this episode.

It was fun to see Marla fighting. And Stephen being all powerful against the government and Cara is like, woww!

John and Astrid.. I saw it coming but still, John and Cara are together, Cara loves him and Stephen, John loves Cara and Likes Astrid, Astrid loves Stephen and likes John, I mean come on.. That's a lot of love, lol.

And the end. Jedikiah on powers! That could be really fun! I think he might try to help Roger who's in the machine now. But then again, maybe he just go crazy with his powers now. Or amplify them, if he didn't do that already.

By the way, Robbie Amell posted on Facebook some time ago that within two weeks he let us know if TTP is canceled or picked up for another season. Those two weeks are about to be over so we hear it any time now.

I thought it was a great episode, espicially leading up to the finale.
    The dumb blonde annoys the hell out of me with her blaming Roger for them dying even though it was her that convinced a group of them to turn themselves over to the founder in the first place. To that end I also thought Russel was a complete dick this episode, which is saying something as he's always been one of my favourite characters. I mean come on, the entire season Stephen has ALWAYS pulled through for them yet this time he decided not to trust him? I thought that was a bit harsh especially after everything they've been through.

John losing his powers I'm skeptical on, I think there's more to it then just that as with everything we've seen so far it only takes 1 injection for your powers to go away yet John had to have multiple injections. That just seem's odd to me. I wouldn't be surprised if John still has his power's but they've been made even stronger so he's afraid to use them as he can't control them.

The love square that is Stephen, Cara, John & Astrid is annoying the **** out of me. None of them can make up their mind and it bores me.

Jed getting powers I'm not surprised with at all, ever since we had the flashbacks with Roger and Jed in the lab I had a feeling he would get them. I don't think he's going to team up with Stephen or Roger to help them but instead he's going to go after the founder himself and I think as a twist he will retain the ability to kill like a regular human. Should the show be picked up for a second season I can see him being the big bad for the second season but there also being a major dynamic shift amongst The Tomorrow People.

I do have a couple of bones to pick with this episode though;
    1 - Why wouldn't Roger just teleport himself out of the machine? Simple leather straps can't stop you from teleporting and there clearly can't be D-chips in that room or else his power to start the machine wouldn't work. Even if there were d-chips, surely he would be able to teleport past them as Stephen was able to do it and from everything we've been told the older you are the stronger your powers are.
    2 - Why is John so afraid for his life? Even if his power's where taken away, those strands of DNA which give you power would still be there. It's illogical to think that you can just remove strands of DNA without causing major bodily harm which clearly hasn't happened so even if his powers have been neutralised surely those strands would still make him immune from the machine.

As for finding out if we get a second season, I think they will wait until after the finale for it especially seeming how much these final few episode's have stepped up the notch and from everything I've read all the actors strongly believe the show deserves a second season because of the way it ends.

Comment

^^Interesting theory about John. I also thought it was weird he got multiple shots. And the color of the shots was different I thought. Could be wrong about that. And after every shot the room and everything in it started shaking even more.

About Roger not teleporting away. That was weird for me to, I was like, teleport man! Use telekinesis, do something lol.

Comment

Jed with powers. That is a scary thing. Can't wait for next episode.

Comment

This episode had some good stuff, some bad, IMO.

The Founder got out. Not surprised. Hilary shouldn't have given him the warning.

John tells Cara he's human and then leaves? Really, John? And what about Charlie?

Kill switch in the tracers. Why, oh why, are they surprised? And why, of why, do they go back to try to deal with the Founder later, knowing he screwed them over once? Yes, it might be to deactivate the tracers but do they really trust him to keep his word? Why not trust in Stephen and Cara, who are trying to fix it? They do. I just feel like TTP, especially Russell, should have had more faith. But more on Russell in a minute.

Jed in the mental hospital and Marla gets him out. And then helping Irene (whom I love! I was glad to see more of her.).

John and Astrid. I know they hinted at a possible romance before but they seemed to have (to my relief) dropped it. Now it's back again? And what about Astrid's feelings for Stephen? And John and Cara just got back together, didn't they? *Sighs*

So Jed found the secret to the powers and of course he uses it to give himself powers. Poor Irene. But I did think "well, this means they can give John his powers back". He just needs someone willing to give up theirs. Charlie would likely do it in a heartbeat. Or, better still, what about Cara's sister? She didn't want them in the first place. She could give her 'strands' or whatever to John and he could be 'repowered'.

John going back (cause yeah, no one saw that coming. /sarcasm).

Russell betraying Roger. And turning him over to the Founder? That...made me lose all respect for this character that I have really grown to love. Natalie, I can see. But Russell? What would Talya think of him now? Some superhero. And he knows that giving Roger over means killing all humans. Really, Russell? Ugh.

Stephen stopping the tracers (again, Russell should have had faith!), then sending his mother and Luca away.

Roger strapped into the machine (as has been mentioned, I'm surprised he didn't teleport out. The only thing I could think was he was dazed from obviously being beaten up?).

So yeah, loved Stephen stepping up and some of that but unhappy with John (and John/Astrid) and really, really, really with Russell.

Comment

Originally posted by Who
            Can't wait for next episode.
            Wonder how next week's episode will end. Will they have some closure or will they have a cliffhanger. Given the shows chances of renewal(minimal) I am hoping they don't leave it open ended but I am guessing it will be.

Comment

This show's awesome, not sure why the ratings don't reflect that. Loved this episode, had some really great special effects too (loved the scene of Stephen doing the "TK burst", and the ending with Jedikiah was very movie-like).

Originally posted by Lipzo
              I do have a couple of bones to pick with this episode though;
              1 - Why wouldn't Roger just teleport himself out of the machine? Simple leather straps can't stop you from teleporting and there clearly can't be D-chips in that room or else his power to start the machine wouldn't work. Even if there were d-chips, surely he would be able to teleport past them as Stephen was able to do it and from everything we've been told the older you are the stronger your powers are.
              2 - Why is John so afraid for his life? Even if his power's where taken away, those strands of DNA which give you power would still be there. It's illogical to think that you can just remove strands of DNA without causing major bodily harm which clearly hasn't happened so even if his powers have been neutralised surely those strands would still make him immune from the machine.
              I agree with your first plothole, in fact, characters not teleporting themselves out of danger is a recurring plothole for this series. But for this specific scenario, is Roger blocked from teleporting somehow because he is in that chair? Or are the walls in the surrounding building impenetrable to teleporting? Maybe the show addressed it? Big plothole. For your second plothole, it all depends on what the serum does. If the only difference between humans and paranormals are those DNA strands, then removing or replacing them or blocking the activity of those strands could indeed turn John back to "regular human" and make him vulnerable, I don't necessarily see that as a plothole myself.

Other Plot Holes:

1) Jedikiah visiting the government guy and ending up sounding like a raving madman. That was a major WTF moment. Jed of all people, a very clever man, could have found a much better way of proving his case rather than simply blurting the words out loud and hoping for the best. Surely a man like him could come up with bucket-loads of proof and have planned for that ahead of time, knowing that he may not simply be believed by words alone (how could he of all people not know he would likely be greeted with heavy skepticism?). What, no records kept? No videos recorded? Nada? Did he even try to convince even one paranormal to come along with him to demonstrate their powers? Seeing is believing afterall. Anyway, the whole thing was so contrived.

2) The genetic tracers. Why did the Founder design tracers that target the "special genes"? Surely he should have known that the "secret" could be discovered that way? Why not target any random gene? As long as the tracer was inside the targets, which his people personally saw to, why not just have the tracers attached to something else in their bodies? Would the "kill switch" not work if the tracers were attached to non-paranormal genes? Unless the Founder wanted Jedikiah to figure it out and get powers?

3) Since the Founder is clearly aware of the special genes since the tracer inexplicably targets them, he's obviously aware that normals can be made into paranormals. So why kill the human race instead of just transforming them into paranormals? It would accomplish 2 things -- eliminate the human race without actually committing global genocide, and it would create a world filled only with his kind, which is what he wants isn't it?

Originally posted by Rust
              And the end. Jedikiah on powers! That could be really fun! I think he might try to help Roger who's in the machine now. But then again, maybe he just go crazy with his powers now. Or amplify them, if he didn't do that already.
              It could go either way, especially with what he did with his powers as soon as he got them (tossed some cars out of his path as he walked, cars with people still inside them). That said, it doesn't look like he killed those people, but still, it was sort of an evil thing to do, like he's a god now tossing the human bugs aside.

Originally posted by Lipzo
              The dumb blonde annoys the hell out of me with her blaming Roger for them dying even though it was her that convinced a group of them to turn themselves over to the founder in the first place.
              I know, what a total b-word. And Russell being swayed by her was painful to watch and downright stupid! Very contrived stuff, for creating drama and tension.

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
              John and Astrid. I know they hinted at a possible romance before but they seemed to have (to my relief) dropped it. Now it's back again? And what about Astrid's feelings for Stephen? And John and Cara just got back together, didn't they? *Sighs*
              Lol I know, all quite plot-holish isn't it. I also felt John starting things up with Astrid almost immediately after saying his goodbyes to Cara was rather silly, and yes, contrived (the word of the day).

So Jed found the secret to the powers and of course he uses it to give himself powers. Poor Irene. But I did think "well, this means they can give John his powers back". He just needs someone willing to give up theirs.
              Wait are you sure, I wasn't clear on that, so Jed stole the special genes out of Irene and inserted them into his own genome? And Irene is just a "normal" now? I thought he knocked her out so he could take a sample of her blood/DNA and then use that to transform himself? As afterall, a copy of a person's genome is present in every cell of their body, I don't see how or why Jed would have needed to de-power her so that he could have powers? I don't think he actually "stole" her powers, he only made himself like her, unless I'm remembering wrong...

Russell betraying Roger. And turning him over to the Founder? That...made me lose all respect for this character that I have really grown to love. Natalie, I can see. But Russell? What would Talya think of him now? Some superhero. And he knows that giving Roger over means killing all humans. Really, Russell? Ugh.
              I know, so out of character, and so totally....CONTRIVED. lol But while this episode was filled with things that didn't make sense, I still loved it.
              Last edited by Xanderman; 05-04-2014, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
                So why kill the human race instead of just transforming them into paranormals?
                I don't think it was explicitly stated but didn't Jed say something about the powers being transferred? So the only way a human/powerless Tom. P. could be given powers would be if they 'harvested' the "special genes" from a Tomorrow Person and implanted them. That the way I understood it, anyway. So in order to turn the humans into Tomorrow People, the Founder would have to harvest genes from his own kind and give them to the humans (thus making the people he took the genes from human?). Which sort of defeats the purpose, IMO.

Wait are you sure, I wasn't clear on that, so Jed stole the special genes out of Irene and inserted them into his own genome? And Irene is just a "normal" now? I thought he knocked her out so he could take a sample of her blood/DNA and then use that to transform himself? As afterall, a copy of a person's genome is present in every cell of their body, I don't see how or why Jed would have needed to de-power her so that he could have powers? I don't think he actually "stole" her powers, he only made himself like her, unless I'm remembering wrong..
                Well, I'm not sure but I think he (or Irene, one of them) said that they took the special genes out, that it could be 'transplanted' into a human (and I do think Jed used that word, which is different from 'copied'). I guess it's a little unclear and hopefully we'll find out for sure but I do think he 'stole' her powers, leaving poor Irene powerless and human, as it were.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎