Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Bloodlines?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with you gmster. I bet half of the people who say they won't watch it will end up tuning in every week anyway.

Comment

4/10 for meh. Its not terrible but I thought that the characters are really not that compelling. Several bad casting choices I might say. I thought that the one with a lot of potential was the shape shifter that died. The hunter was a little too annoying for my taste.

Comment

the werewolf chick was hot. 2/10

Comment

Crap episode, especially when there's only a couple left for the season.

Comment

One thing I will say is that it was a horrible Supernatural episode....but honestly, it was the pilot for a new series, which I will probably not watch and maybe it wasn't as horrible as a pilot.

Seems like for the past few seasons, there has been at least one total dud (Route 666, Slice Girls, Bitten, etc.), but we are about to end Season 9 and look ahead to Season 10, which may or may not be its last....to have filler after filler with only three episodes left is a crime IMO.....Meta Fiction was a fantastic episode...why the fillers now???

To those who are afraid the Supernatural has run out of "mojo" with story lines, that's absolutely not true...Meta Fiction and now the next episode are testament to the fact that the writers, on the whole, can still come up with awesome episodes....why they can't be together is beyond me.....

Comment

Originally posted by gmster
              Yeah, the attitude of the fandom can be pretty ridiculous sometimes. I've read a lot of hilarious meltdowns about the episode today. They act like the very existence of Bloodlines will "ruin" the main show for them, which is crap. I mean, if they don't like it, fine, don't watch it. But nope, gotta trash talk it cause it's a plague on all that is pure and holy.
              To be honest, sometimes I hate being a fan of a series with such a "cult"-like following/fandom that would end up blasting the silliest things so much. Also why I find myself not really wanting to associate with fans of The Dark Knight Trilogy simply because of those ignorant death threats on Rotten Tomatoes. Fandoms are truly weird and disturbing at times.

Comment

I pretty much knew going in I wouldn't care for this episode. I was interested until I read all the descriptions that kept using the word "Mafia" in it. "Mafia-type families" and the like. I am really not into that sort of thing (never seen "The Sopranos", any of the "Godfather" movies, etc.).

So I figured I wouldn't like it much. I was right. But there were more problems with this episode than just the '5 families'.

But to go back to the beginning...

Ennis proposing to his girlfriend with the ring in champagne. I'm with the maitre'd and his sarcastic "how unique". But cliches are cliches for a reason, I guess.

The fiance killed. I know that this is supposed to parallel Sam's story (his losing Jess, etc.) but this was a little too on the nose.

A cop's son, eh? (Took me forever to figure out Ennis is a cop too.)

Okay, that is not how shapeshifters work. Even if they are alphas/purebloods. They can't instantly change like that, they don't 'shimmer'. Thanks for Jossing the entire mythology of this creature to fit the needs of your spin off, guys.

Dean and Sam. Was so glad to see them! And I loved how Dean got the cop out of the room. "I could go into detail...but I'm not going to." Hee.

So the 5 families of monsters are 1.) Djinn 2.) Ghouls 3.) Shifters 4.) Werewolves. And what's the 5th? Can't be vampires because TPTB said no vamps on the spin off. Were we told and I missed it, which I certainly could have?

Dean saving Ennis and Sam giving him the talk. Nice.

Oh look they're doing a Romeo and Juliet kind of thing. That's not tiresome at all. /sarcasm

Dean's line "sometimes you gotta work with the bad guys to get to the worse guys". Very apt for them.

The killer being human was a pretty good twist I thought. But then Ennis kills him? Okay, I can buy that. But Sam and Dean just letting him? That I can't buy. Sam in particular. They've had this conversation before (the boys, I mean). They don't kill humans. I just feel like everyone and everything in this episode was meant to serve the narrative rather than the other way around. Twisting lore and characters to serve the story...? Not good.

Also let's talk about how this show was supposed to 'showcase' female characters (it was one of the things they were really pushing in the interviews and such) and the females in this? One is the 'girlfriend' and the other is, um, not very nice. They are both very stereotypical females. So much for strong female types, I guess?

The only thing I did like (aside from Sam and Dean) was the one shifter, David? That actor was pretty good.

But I have to say, I don't think I'll be watching "Bloodlines". Except maybe if Sam and Dean guest star in an episode.

Originally posted by SuperSheltie
                I thought all the interviews with Andrew Dabb said that there would be something "really big" at the end of this episode
                I thought I read something about there being a big reveal about or between Sam and Dean in this episode, so Supernatural fans had to be sure to watch it, he said. The only thing we got was that Cas might have a lead on Metatron. If that's the big thing he was talking about, he needs a dictionary.

Comment

Why the fillers now?
                  They've been coming up with one movie-length story to tell per season lately. That's why. The season is two hours of content stretched into 20. They used to have more content episodes to keep you happier each year but now there's nothing to fill those slots with cuz they don't have it to give you. (I just saw that dental hygenist Lilith rerun of her trying to enter into a contract with Sam on a motel bed and oh my god dental hygeine is important to me.)

Comment

i liked it okay.. except they arent following the SN rules. From what i remember, Shape Shifters cant just change without shedding unless they are an alpha or when Eve was around? Now apparently they can just shift like its nothing? If this show does get a series (probably will) -- it will get cancelled after a season or two. CW has really dropped the ball lately on new shows. So many new shows.. all getting cancelled or close to it. Ive tried my damnedest to get into The 100 but i really cant enjoy it. None of the others really seem to interest me. I was SO excited about The Secret Circle and it turned out to be awful. I just dunno..

Comment

yeah the way the shifter uhm shifted annoyed me too, only the alpha can do it that fast!

Comment

Remember in Blade Runners there was shape shifter that transformed instantly? Just like in Bitten when they revealed some "pure" wolves can transform without a full moon. I'm guessing these shifters and wolves are considered pure, which is why they made a big deal about keeping their bloodlines pure and why they transform so quickly. Until now, the Alpha shape shifter was the only one to shift his clothes too.

Comment

It was very different for a Supernatural episode, even the music was different, but I quite liked it.

Comment

Originally posted by stovers
                            Remember in Blade Runners there was shape shifter that transformed instantly? Just like in Bitten when they revealed some "pure" wolves can transform without a full moon. I'm guessing these shifters and wolves are considered pure, which is why they made a big deal about keeping their bloodlines pure and why they transform so quickly. Until now, the Alpha shape shifter was the only one to shift his clothes too.
                            ah okay.. that makes sense.

Comment

It's official. Bloodlines is dead in the water.

Comment

Its sad too because I felt there was a LOT of potential there. Finding out what was going on with the guy's dad and what he meant when he called him really intrigued me. I hope the characters will be back to guest star on Supernatural next season.

There was so much hype going into the ep. I remember Eonline was really pushing the Bloodlines ep as one of the best. It seems like they really wanted to see the ep succeed so we could see the spinoff this fall. Could it just be one of those times where the hype was bigger than the ep itself?

I really enjoyed the ep but maybe it was just the wrong way to go regarding a spinoff.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎