Collapse
No announcement yet.

Felicity is the Weakest Link

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to make Felicity a character deeper than she is a terrible idea.

Comment

It's funny. Instead of Felicity being the weakest link she turned out to be the most pivotal part of the chain. Nicely done.

Comment

she's the STRONGEST.... you were totally wrong.... and I'm really glad you were

Comment

Now that the DA had her neck broken and the Mayor killed by Isabel. Season 3 will have to come up with a new Mayor and DA. What happens to Isabel her throat was slashed in the finale but she has the mirakuru in her will she survive of die.
          Season 3 will probably focus on getting a new mayor and Queen consolidated CEO I could she Walter or Laurel mother being the next CEO and Laurel the new DA
          Last edited by acer15; 05-21-2014, 01:56 PM.

Comment

her throat wasnt slashed, nyssa broke her neck

Comment

Originally posted by bychance
              Trying to make Felicity a character deeper than she is a terrible idea.
              I don't think it's a terrible idea, although I agree that the O.P.'s theory was a bit too convoluted and OOC for Felicity to make much sense (sorry, this is just my opinion!). I like Felicity (what is there to dislike?), but I think she needs "a life" outside of Oliver's ken and a proper backstory. Apart from a few lines of dialogue she is still lika a blank slate when it comes to her family background and her life outside the Arrowcave. I sure would find her a lot more interesting if they built her character a bit more and gave her some backstory. Right now it feels like they are mostly using her for exposition/to move the plot forward and to prop Olicity.
              Last edited by evaba; 05-22-2014, 02:43 PM.

Comment

I think fandome are trying to see Felicity character more then she was created for.....

* cough Chloe Sullivan cough *

Comment

Now that I think about it more season 3 will have felicity and laurel in the Foundry with Roy, Diggle and Oliver in the field with Barry making a few cameo apperances. I am real curious to see who the new Mayor and DA will be?

Comment

I think fandome are trying to see Felicity character more then she was created for.....

* cough Chloe Sullivan cough *
                    Obscure references but fortunately I speak Smallville.

No one has suggested that Felicity Smoak is going to become the Black Canary. She doesn't have an on again off again relationship with Oliver Queen. She's not a martial arts expert not does she particularly have any desire or motivation to turn in to an in the streets kind of vigilante. She's already a hero in her own way.

I don't find it a similar situation to Chloe Sullivan possibly becoming Lois Lane. In that case she was the ace reporter with a dream to become the best Daily Planet reporter and was Clark Kent's best secret keeper and ally not to mention in love with him and had brought up using Lois Lane as her pen name while the character on the show with the name Lois Lane had expressed hatred for reporting, a disdain for the Daily Planet and treated Clark Kent like her kid brother. IMO Is it any wonder there was confusion slash hope for an alternate ending?

As for Felicity being more than she was created for...that's already happened. She was initially a one or two off character named after an obscure character in some other comic book. Felicity Smoak on Arrow has no previously assigned place. The show and the show runners have created a new character that IMO seems to resonate with the viewers and has IMO made the show better than it could have hoped to be without her.

I can't imagine the dreary place the Arrow Cave would have remained. Diggle is great but two jaded dudes in the basement planning missions doesn't sound like much fun. Felicity brings humor and more importantly IMO a different viewpoint than just the guys. AT this point in the show she's considered an equal partner and we have been shown repeatedly that Oliver listens to her opinions and values her not just as a skilled worker but as a close friend. He trusts her. He's vulnerable with her. She believes in him and supports him and Oliver seems IMO to be the stronger for her support than without it.

I don't know if Felicity and Oliver will be given a romance on the show or if they do, will it be the end game romance but it isn't me "trying to see" something that isn't there. It's the show that choses to create Olicity moments to keep hyping the pairing and it's the show that did an I love you, took it back, and then refused to deny it wasn't the truth. I don't have to "try to see" anything when it's spelled out for me on the TV screen.

In the comics Green Arrow has an on again, off again romantic entanglement with the Black Canary. Frankly, the show has already IMO satisfied that requirement and is free to do whatever it wants to do. Malcolm Merlyn is proof enough of that for me.

Comment

Felicity is my favorite character but I don't want her to become someone else. It's Ok that she's sometimes on the field and making a few stunts but that's all. I want her to stay "the genieus girl next door" because that's when she brings so much to the show. I want her to shout when she's frightented, to be afraid in planes .. Sometimes I have the feeling that comics fans always think that this character will become this super hero etc but the show needs balance between superheroes and normal people. Moira was a great charater, no need to be in leather suit.

Comment

The Oliver and Felicity characters so far have been cast perfectly. If the writers cast Oliver and felicity having a romance there could be problems down the road if they were to break up how would they remain friends? I see the writers in season 3 making Oliver and Felicity best friends so in future seasons they can cast a romance between the 2 and maybe even a marriage in the final couple of seasons.
                        They could even cast Sara, Laurel and Felicity altogether and they could become the Arrows version of Charlies Angels.

Comment

And Diggle would Be Bosley

Comment

Felicity needs to be more than a possible love interest for Oliver. I think a problem with Felicity and Laurel at times is the fact that Oliver as a romantic interest is used to define their characters. They are both better as individuals, separate from Arrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightshadow57
                              Felicity needs to be more than a possible love interest for Oliver. I think a problem with Felicity and Laurel at times is the fact that Oliver as a romantic interest is used to define their characters. They are both better as individuals, separate from Arrow.
                              Very well put. I was trying to figure out what bothered me about their character development, and it does revolve around their relationships with Oliver.

In my opinion, Felicity was probably originally developed to be the quirky tech girl, kind of like Abby on NCIS. More of a sidekick than a lead role. If they do decide to make her into a real romantic interest of his, I hope they develop her own character and backstory more. She should be as dynamic as Ollie before they go down that road. Otherwise the premise of their relationship seems a bit two dimensional, coming down to the cuteness factor of the girl with glasses getting the hot hero.

I think they've done a better job of expanding Laurel's character. She's come into her own more, addressing alcoholism through her father and the way she demanded her job back. She done a lot without Ollie's intervention.

For some reason "Olicity" makes me think of Twilight, the plain girl getting the damaged anti-hero. Felicity is one of my favorite characters in the show, but mainly because of her potential as an independent, not as the CW's next couple.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎