No announcement yet.

The Gift That Keeps on Giving - Clana AU Valentine Ficlet PG-13

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gift That Keeps on Giving - Clana AU Valentine Ficlet PG-13

Since there seems to be a couple of Clana readers around these days (Hi Nick!), I thought you might like the tiny fic I wrote for Valentine's Day.♥ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clark and Lana are young and in love and their first Valentine's Day is approaching ....

Clana Valentine Standalone - The Beginning

"Chloe, Chloe! Wait up," called a harassed Clark Kent.

"Can't it wait, Kent? I've got to interview the next witness," said the breezy blonde reporter over her shoulder as she hurried by. She and Clark had gone to High School together, survived the relationship jungle and remained fast friends.

"It'll only take a minute ... I promise. I'm desperate," he pleaded.

Clark had been in court all morning trying to establish the innocence of his young client. Trouble was, the alibi that could have been used to throw the case out of court was the young man's pretty, blue eyed girlfriend. And he didn't want to compromise her reputation. Or be hung, drawn and quartered by her uptight parents. Clark could sympathise and was trying to get around the problem.

But Clark Kent knew he'd be in real trouble if he couldn't get out of the building for a few minutes during the day to get his beautiful wife, Lana, a Valentine's Day present. He'd met her here - at the County Court. He was a Public Defender and always seemed to wind up with the hopeless cases. He did the best he could for them and was renowned for his sense of justice. If he knew his client was innocent, he'd fight with all he had to see them acquitted.

Lana was the Court artist, spare pencil tucked behind her delicate ear and shining dark hair tied up in a neat work-day ponytail. On her first day he couldn't take his eyes off her, even though he made a lukewarm effort to do so. Somewhere between her losing her notepad on the floor and having to bend down to retrieve it and sucking the end of the pencil into her perfectly shaped lips, he fell head over heels in love with her and they hadn't even exchanged one word.

Slowly, shyly he'd gotten to know her. It had taken a lot of courage to ask her on that first date ... which had been a little sneaky on his part since he'd actually asked her to sketch a portrait of his dog - a sweet little tan and white spaniel.

The drawing had come out very well, and so had dinner ... and a movie ... and a picnic the next day. He decided he wanted her to wear her hair tied back everyday because if anyone saw how stunning she was with it sweeping across her shoulder and down her back, he'd have so much competition that he wouldn't stand a chance.

But he was wrong. Lana had spent much of her first day watching him walk up and down in front of the Judge in his well-fitting navy pants to make his opening statement - with his crisp, white shirt undone at the top and his strong hands gesturing with emotion, that she'd let her notepad slip out of her hand and forgotten what she was there for in the first place.

When Clark asked her back to his tiny apartment she was a little surprised ... had she been wrong about him and he was a sleaze after all? Finding out about Jessie, his little dog, just cemented the special feeling she got from Clark from the beginning. Both he and the dog were undeniably wonderful. And the more she got to know him, the deeper in love she fell.

It came as no surprise to the rest of the Court House staff to discover their romance, although both Clark and Lana were unaware they were so obvious. Perhaps love, as well as Justice really is blind.

Clark had dragged himself out of bed this morning for an early meeting. It was torture to leave Lana, all warm and fragrant from last night's shower. She was coming in a bit later after running an errand or two.

One more kiss, then three and a seriously heart-racing game of Naked Pillow Fight, and he knew he was going to be late. No early morning shopping for flowers or chocolate. Besides, that was too mundane. Lana needed something extra special. Just like her.

They'd been married just under a year now, and he'd learned that remembering dates was very important. It earned him certain affectionate privileges which would make him break out into a sweat if he thought about too much. Lana, he'd been delighted to discover was a wild cat in the bedroom, but only for him. She was also sweet, reserved and just a little bit stubborn. And that's the exterior she presented to the rest of the world.

There were many of these "anniversaries" to celebrate.

Their first kiss in the file room.

The first time she'd cooked him dinner.

The day he proposed. He'd had to take the next day off to recover.

The first night they spent in their almost furnitureless new apartment on a camping mattress on the floor. After the third time they'd made love, Clark had been obliged to blow the thing up again - all the movement had dislodged the bung and the air had escaped. Good thing it was the weekend and he didn't have to wipe the smile off his face until Monday.

And of course, their first Christmas together back in his small hometown, cuddled up together like sardines in his old room in his single bed - Clark's mom didn't take long to love her new daughter-in-law almost as much as Clark did. Lana had been serene during Martha Kent's comments on how they mustn't have got a wink of sleep on that lumpy old mattress. But Clark had turned bright red. He was convinced his Mom had known exactly what was keeping them awake half the night. Jessie barked in agreement. Martha Kent was minding him until they got a ground floor place which would accept pets. He knew when his master was in trouble.

But this would be their first Valentine's Day. The day for celebrating love and lovers and he wanted it to be memorable. But he didn't have a single idea about what to get.

Which is why he bailed up his busy friend in the corridor just before lunch.

Chloe came to a sudden stop and wheeled around.

"What is it this time? Need cash for the a bribe? Forget your notes?"

"No, no," whispered Clark, pulling her aside by the elbow. "I need a woman. Right now. And you'll have to do."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ End of Part 1
    I'm not holding my breath, but a reply would be great. Otherwise, I'll post more soon.

Seaspray, this first part was so sweet and funny. I love the idea you came up with, that Clark and Lana met while working at the courthouse. I SINCERELY hope that you post more to this and soon!! Again, awesome fic and thank you so much for posting!! God bless you, Nick
    Last edited by Nick of kandor; 04-29-2014, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Thanks Nick - I think you are my new best friend. Here's the next bit.

The Gift That Keeps on Giving

Clana Valentine Standalone - The Middle - Part 2

Chloe frowned. "Ahh, Clark? It only took me two classes and a lunchbreak to figure out that you and I work better as friends, okay? And besides, you've got a wife for that, or had you forgotten."

Clark rolled his eyes. "Thanks for that distasteful mental picture of you and listen. It's about her, so I can't ask her. See what I mean?"

"Oh, okay, go ahead. I was worried for a minute there. Lana is my friend too, Clark and I swear, if you ever hurt her I'll forge so many warrants for your arrest for different crimes that it'll take a year to sort out the paperwork."

"Gee, nice to know you've got my back. You were my friend first."

"Are we gonna waste time on this all day? What do you want?"

"I need some ideas for a gift for Valentine's Day. You ... did know it was today, didn't you?"

"Even though I'm not a member of the Lovebird Society, yes - I knew that fact, Clark."

"Good. So ... imagine you're Lana ... what do you want?"

Chloe's short blonde hair swung to one side as she tilted her head, thinking.

"I'd say ... to be about four inches taller."

Clark groaned. "Be serious, we don't have much time."

"I suppose you've thought of floral arrangements in various colours and chocolate hearts and all that stuff?" asked Chloe.

"I've been through those options and they're just not good enough. This is our first Valentine, I want her to remember it forever."

"A truckload of chocolate hearts?"

"Well, yeah but there's not enough time. I've got about 15 minutes for a recess and then after court adjourns I'll be doing deals. Then we both go home together and my chance for a secret shopping trip is blown," he groaned.

"Urgh, Clark. Why didn't you think of this before? What's wrong with predictable - go lingerie, a romantic dinner invitation ... a packet of new pencils!" said Chloe, smiling and clutching her folders more tightly. "I gotta go. Fill me in on this latest instalment of the Clark and Lana saga tomorrow, okay?" And she scurried away. Then turned and ran back.

She clapped Clark affectionately on the shoulder. "Lana's going to love anything you give her, you big lug. Why don't you model those really tight bike shorts again?"

Clark cleared his throat and looked around in case anyone else in the corridor had overheard. "What do you know about that?" he muttered.

"Oh, nothing. Just girl talk ... you know. And you did ask what Lana likes ..."

"Sorry I've held you up so long, Miss Sullivan," said Clark, in his best plea-bargaining voice. " I hope your interview goes well and I'll enjoy reading it in tomorrow's paper.

Chloe looked around. Judge Rossthor was passing by. Tall, broad and with a bald, brown pate which made him look both wise and imposing.

"Come to my chambers in five minutes Kent," said the Judge.

"Yes, your Honour," replied Clark, resisting the urge to salute.

Chloe had disappeared. Well, she'd been no help anyway. After proceedings today, when he and Lana went home together on the Subway, he'd have to make up a really good excuse to get off before their home stop, or else beg her forgiveness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Chloe," hissed a voice from a partially open door further down the corridor. The reporter nearly dropped all her folders in fright. What was this - Halloween instead of Valentine's Day?

"Lana? Is that you?"

A small arm in a cream sleeve reached out from the door way and pulled her into an empty office.

"What's up?" said the time-pressed reporter, trying to look supportive while glancing at her watch. She hoped the witness was a fast talker.

"It's about Clark," said Lana, with a worried face.

"No kidding."

" Has he said anything to you ... about ... about ... us?"

"Well ... that depends," said Chloe warily. She wouldn't give away the fact that she'd spoken to Clark not two minutes before, if she could help it. But Lana looked worried or something. Did she know Clark had no Valentine present and was angry about it? "What would this 'about us' be about, exactly?"

"Sort of a Valentine's Day Present."

I knew it. A fat baby with a bow and arrow has driven everyone mad, thought Chloe.

"How surprising; and what sort of present would this be? The one you have or the one you don't have,"

"I'd rather not say," said Lana, avoiding Chloe's eye. "But ... umm ... how did Clark seem to you today?"

"Pretty much the same as me," sighed Chloe. She'd just seen the witness she wanted to interview being led past the partially open doorway. She'd get reprimanded for missing that, for sure. Might even be demoted to work with her half-wit cousin, Lois, in the newspaper wrapping room. "Confused, stressed and chasing my tail at work."

"Oh?" said Lana, her face pensive. "That's ahh ... interesting to know. Thanks Chlo, you've been a big help."

"Any time," the blonde said brightly, wondering how that was possible. "Just ... take it easy on him, okay?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of the day passed in a whirlwind, or so it seemed to Clark. He'd hardly had a chance to see Lana all day. She must be busy too as it wasn’t conceivable she was avoiding him. He felt out of sorts, tired, annoyed at the innuendo Judge Rossthor had made about mixing private life with work and missing her company badly. He couldn't bear the thought of lying to her and leaving her to make her own way home. He'd just face the music and own up.

They held hands as usual on the subway, and Lana leaned her head on his shoulder. She'd forgive him, he was certain of it. In the haven of her presence in the noisy carriage, Clark couldn't dream of a moment any better than this.

Until they got home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      One more bit to go. Thanks for your reply. Nice to know there's still some Clana-lovers out there.♥

Comment

Seaspray, again this second part was quite funny! I especially loved the line from Chloe where she tells Clark that if he hurts Lana she will forge so many warrants for his arrest for different crimes that it will take a year to sort out all the paper work. Hope Clark can find a V-day present for Lana soon. Please post more soon!! Thanks, Nick!!
        Last edited by Nick of kandor; 04-29-2014, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Since this day is past, may as well give you the last bit. Thanks for your replies Nick. Enjoy!

The Gift That Keeps on Giving

Clana Valentine Standalone - The Loving End - Part 3

As soon as they were back in their own private space, Lana spun around and pressed him to the inside of their apartment door and then wove one small hand around Clark to untuck the shirt, and sneak inside to caress his back while the other pulled his head down to her lips. The kiss was long, luxurious and tongue-tangling and left him wanting more, much more.

"Mmmm, baby. What's this about," he moaned while she nibbled his neck.

"Just showing you how much I love you. It's St Valentine's Day, you know?"

He nodded and felt a pang of guilt. To cover it up, he moved to spin them around and hoist her up in his arms, but she shook her head.

"No, sweetheart. Not yet, okay? You go and get comfortable and I'm going to take a quick shower."

A disappointed and slightly confused Clark started to amble into the small kitchen. Perhaps he could make something nice for dinner to make it up to her. But first he put his keys and briefcase on the hall table. There was a small box there, addressed to Lana. He'd bring it to her attention later.

By the time he'd prepared some chicken with a quick scratch up of ingredients like a tin of tomatoes and some grated cheese and put in the oven to cook, Lana's voice called from the bedroom. It was low and sultry and ... gulp ... made him forget all about whether he'd make hot vegetables or a salad.

"Sit down sweetheart and ... close your eyes. I want to surprise you."

Now Clark felt really bad. Lana had obviously planned something very special and what did he have? Nada ... niente ... niets ... nothing. He quickly swiped the parcel off the table and took it to the couch with him. He sat down comfortably and closed his eyes as ordered.

With vision cut off, his other senses kicked in. He could hear the tiny sounds of her bare feet brushing the carpet. And there was the soft swish of some other sort of material too. He breathed in the scent of almond and patchouli, her new body wash and soon he had to fight to keep his eyes shut as he felt the warmth of her skin. She caressed his face with one hand, and knelt on the couch, to sit tantalisingly on his lap.

She touched her lips to his, and then kissed his closed eye lids.

His arms wound around her, every part of his body crying out to show his lovely wife what she did to him, but she resisted being pulled too close. And then he heard one other sound. She sniffed.

His eyes snapped open. His beautiful Lana, the woman of his dreams, with her lustrous dark hair tumbled down just the way he loved it, was a vision in a white lace teddy over which was a sheer, silky robe. It covered just enough and teased so much more. He wanted to beg her permission to kiss every inch of her smooth body as he removed the pretty things. But ... he would do neither. Lana was crying.

"Baby ... sweetheart, what's wrong?" He moved forward to pull her into a hug, kiss her forehead, somehow make it all better.

She brought her other hand, closed in a fist, between them.

"It's Valentine's day, Clark."

"I know honey, and I have a confession to make. I ... I didn't get you a present. I love you. So much, but I was really busy and nothing was good enough ..."

"Oh, Clark," sobbed Lana. "I know you're busy at work and you do wonderful work and I love you for it and you work long hours to help people and we're probably too young and don't have enough money and this is a really bad time but ..." The rush of words came to an end with a gasping need for breath.

"But what, sweetheart?"

"I have a present for you. But I don't think you're going to like it."

Clark reached for a tissue and tried, clumsily, to wipe Lana's wet cheeks.

"Is that all? Lana, how could I not love anything from you?"

"But Chloe said you were tired and stressed and needed to take it easy and this ... this will mean the opposite," she said, tears breaking out afresh.

"What will?" said Clark a little more forcefully than he meant. He was going to send the Sheriff around to Chloe Sullivan's place with a search warrant for upsetting Lana like this. Illegal drug trafficking. They'd tear her place apart for that.

Lana opened her hand and displayed the flat, white wand on her palm. The one with a small window that had two pink lines across it. Clark had no idea. Lana had got him a ... coffee stirrer ... a pictographic thermometer ... a really small shoe horn and somehow it was upsetting her? Well, down the garbage disposal and it was problem solved.

"I'm sorry but ... I don't understand how this ... umm ... thing is causing us trouble?" he said, rubbing her back reassuringly.

"It's not a thing. It's a he or a she. A baby, Clark. I'm pregnant."

Clark went red and then white. He pulled Lana tight into his arms, totally straddling him and the test wand went flying. "I ... you ... a baby ... our baby ...," he stuttered. "That's ... that's wonderful!"

"Really?" Lana squeaked, her face squashed against his neck.

"Yes, of course! How long have you known? When is it coming? No wonder you look so beautiful tonight. I love you, I love you so much," he said in a rush. "Both of you!" And then he had to clear his throat as his eyes misted up. "This is the happiest day of my life."

"So ... it is a Happy Valentine's day?" said Lana, crying and laughing at the same time. "I found out this morning before I came to work. I'm about six weeks."

Clark needed to kiss her, badly. And Lana didn't mind. He put all the love and passion and reverence he felt for her in his kiss. They moved apart softly and slowly, sighing at the loss of contact. He moved her leg gently so she was sitting across him more comfortably.

Lana couldn't stop smiling, Clark smiled back. And then he chuckled, stopped to take a breath and threw back his head and roared with laughter.

"What's so funny?" she asked.

"Six wee - he - heeks huh?" he said, trying to control his mirth. "That means I was worried for nothing. I did get you a Valentine's day present after all."

"Umm ... what?" said Lana. Now it was her turn to be confused.

Clark wiggled his eyebrows. "Remember New Year's Eve and our ... really, really exhausting celebration?"

Lana blushed, tingling all over. "Oh, how could I forget."

The mountain cabin had been a romantic getaway surprise. As soon as they’d dragged their bags through the snow into the warm and comfortable interior, there was no reason to wait. The white rug in front of the roaring fire ... the hot tub and a glass of champagne – bubbles inside as well as out ... the huge arm chair in the rustic bedroom ... even the wall of the walk-in closet. There were many possible candidates.

"This," said Clark, rubbing his hand gently over Lana's taut, lace covered stomach. "Is the result of that ... umm ... present."

"Mmmm," moaned Lana as Clark's hand rose higher to softly caress other shapely and sensitive places. "The gift that keeps on giving."

"And one more, it's from my Mom I think," said Clark, indicating the small, wrapped box.

"I think I'll open this one first," said Lana, with a cheeky smile, reaching for Clark's belt buckle.

"Happy Valentine's Day, baby ... both my babies," Clark groaned as Lana’s hand found its destination. It was time to unwrap the lacy packaging on the gift of a lifetime, the way he'd wanted to before.

Valentine's magical night was spent in the giving and receiving of the greatest gift of all - the love of the one you love.

And the priceless antique ring of Clark's Grandmother's which Martha had sent to Lana on Clark's behalf, would be a wonderful surprise for her to discover the next morning and would temper somewhat the unpleasant discovery of the forgotten chicken having boiled over and made an impossible mess in the oven.

Chloe would never understand why such a treasure would be Lana's second most favourite gift. Until she got to hold her new god-daughter seven and a half months later.

"Oh my God, she's so beautiful! What's her name?" said Chloe in an excited whisper.

A weary but content Lana, looked at her husband slumped next to the bed. Clark had managed to stop shaking and was keeping a watchful eye on the precious bundle in Chloe's arms. He squeezed his wife’s hand, but had no words.

They smiled at each other. Love was there and pride; adoration and wonder, respect and deepest commitment. A promise of eternity.

Two voices spoke as one. "Valentina."
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Love is precious. Hold on to it. Always.
          Cheers from Seaspray. ♥

Comment

Seaspray, this was such a beautiful fic and what a blessing for Clark and Lana! It was really neat how you came up with the name of their baby as Valentina. I also really agree with your last statement that love is precious and also so is hope. I firmly believe in hope and that one of the biggest things I want to do with my life is to bring people hope and to basically be a guiding light to others. Again, such a beautiful fic and God bless you! Nick

Comment

Thanks Nick. That's a beautiful sentiment and I hope you succeed. That's a little of what Clana means to me - hope even after despair, that things will work out alright. I'm grateful for your support here in FF. Take care.

Comment

You are truly welcome Seaspray! I would also have to agree that Clana does symbolize hope, even in despair and darkness. That's also perhaps the greatest thing that Clark/Superman stands for as well. God bless you.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎