View Poll Results: Rate This Episode

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - This episode made me remember how much I love this show.

7 77.78%

1 11.11%

1 11.11%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - This show crushed my heart.

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of A Curious Thing?

What did you think?

Forum Whiz
    so much revealed this episode hope they can undo zelena curse on philora and walsh

I gave it an 8.

At least we know who cast the curse and sent the potion to Hook now.

I loved the OQ scenes, as usual. The way Regina waltzed into the room smiling cracked me up...

On another front: Am I the only one who thought that flash of Dorothy looked like Henry in drag?!

Is it possible that he and Dorothy are cousins somehow?

Wow ! I never would have guessed that Snow cast the curse, or that she used Charming's heart. I actually was not surprised that Neal sent the message to Hook (especially after I read that a "surprise guest" would be on tonight). And finally, finally Emma used her whammy on Zelena - I've been waiting for that for a while.

A bit annoying that Emma is blaming Hook again, especially since he did what he did to protect Henry and Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by spotteddog View Post
    A bit annoying that Emma is blaming Hook again, especially since he did what he did to protect Henry and Emma.
    I agree. Plus, he did the honorable thing by not kissing her. Her reaction had me shaking my head and rolling my eyes.

I gave this episode a 10. I watch this show for the “fairy tale” aspect and this episode had it. We had Snow and Charming’s love so strong they were able to share a heart. We had Neal who had the power to break free from his father so he could send Emma the potion. Emma’s magic is growing stronger and she used it to save her son and this time around, it was Regina’s kiss breaking the curse. Finally, we had Henry remembering he had two moms who love him dearly and a father who was a hero.

I also enjoyed seeing Glinda and thought it was funny how Snow and Charming went through her door but not Regina. I hope those flying monkeys that went up in smoke aren't really dead since we know they are really people.

...A bit annoying that Emma is blaming Hook again, especially since he did what he did to protect Henry and Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries83 View Post
    I agree. Plus, he did the honorable thing by not kissing her. Her reaction had me shaking my head and rolling my eyes.
    I feel the same.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelyGal View Post
    I hope those flying monkeys that went up in smoke aren't really dead since we know they are really people.
    Since Phillip and Aurora seemed to be able to fly away of their own free will back in FTL, I assumed anyone who was turned while in Storybrooke would have free will to hide out in the woods (like Little John) – meaning that any monkeys who have attacked anyone in the main cast are truly minions of Zelena's.

Chatterbox Christian moviefan2k4's Avatar
    This was definitely a compelling episode, but the scene with Snow using Charming's heart to cast the Dark Curse, then begging Regina to split hers for reviving him left me feeling uncomfortable. I guess it was meant to mirror Snow visiting Regina's house after killing Cora in Season 2, but something just felt too dark and eerie this time.

I hadn't read any spoilers, so Neal's return in the flashback was a total and very welcome surprise; I hope he's not gone permanently. I loved the scene where Emma practically begs Henry to trust her about the book, but I was also worried the writers were setting up an illusion, and it wouldn't work. Jared Gilmore's really grown as an actor in this half of the season, and I think the writers have also helped by letting Henry age more than they did with the Neverland story.

One thing I still don't understand is about Hook's memories; how did he avoid having them erased by the Dark Curse? If he didn't, then how did he get them back? Rumple's potion only had enough for one person, which Hook later gives to Emma...so how did Hook both keep his memories and arrive in Storybrooke, after the Dark Curse was cast?

Quote Originally Posted by moviefan2k4 View Post
    how did Hook both keep his memories and arrive in Storybrooke, after the Dark Curse was cast?
    If I remember correctly, didn't he leave (on horseback) shortly after they arrived back in FTL to find The Jolly Roger? He was probably far enough away by then to avoid being swept up by The Curse. He said he was back at sea when he received the message by bird...right...or am I forgetting something?
    Last edited by Aries83; 04-28-2014 at 12:19 AM.

One thing I still don't understand is about Hook's memories; how did he avoid having them erased by the Dark Curse? If he didn't, then how did he get them back? Rumple's potion only had enough for one person, which Hook later gives to Emma...so how did Hook both keep his memories and arrive in Storybrooke, after the Dark Curse was cast?
    If you remember the last curse, it only hit within a specific radius and grabbed only those that the queen wanted to take with her. Hook could have been well outside of that radius. I would have said that he could have been realm jumping all of that time, but this episode made it clear that it would have been impossible after Regina reversed the previous curse.

I thought this was a well done episode. I'm glad that we don't have to deal with amnesiac Henry anymore, since that was starting to get really old really fast.

I'm a little disappointed in the whole Snow-Charming-curse thing. I'm not disappointed that it happened, I'm more disappointed that they did the whole scenerio to keep Charming alive. It felt to me like the writers had begun writing an interesting plot twist, but then wrote the whole "If you split your heart in half and give it to someone dead, they may come back to you" bit to keep the rabid Charming fans off their back. Snow's desperation was a bit sad to see as well, just from a character standpoint.

I'm also a little curious as to why Glinda didn't mention the silver slippers. I mentioned in another area that Glinda might be taking some of her personality from the MGM movie (much to someone biting back that they were ONLY taking her book personality since it's Disney and Disney wouldn't dare to use anything else). Mainly that she's clearly not saying important things so that the characters have to figure it out themselves. Such as in the movie, she never mentioned what the slippers did to Dorothy, saying that she had to figure it out on her own. The only time she ever really ever interfered was when she made it snow on the poppy field to wake Dorothy and her friends up from the witch's curse.

She's clearly taking some personality from Wicked (or from Oz: The Great and Powerful), as I don't remember her and the witch of the west EVER being friends at any point in the books. I also don't remember Glinda ever attempting to stop the witch herself, though there was a point in Wicked when she had attempted to talk her down from going on her dark path.

That whole scene was pointless, though. They went through all that trouble to meet Glinda, just to learn one tiny thing. I'm hoping Glinda gets more screen time in Kansas since it just seemed incredibly pointless to have all of that just be told that Emma's magic is going to be the key to stopping her (which is being a cliche solution to everything).

I did like the fact that it was Regina's kiss that broke the curse this time. It definitely gave her more points in the Redemption field since she was able to break a curse with true love's kiss. Henry must feel lucky to know that he had a hand in breaking two of the curses...not to mention that both of his moms were responsible for breaking one each.

Forum Regular

Smile

I loved it- and I love the description for the "10" option- very true.

Emma saw that Aurora and the prince were living happily ever after, didn't she? So they would be OK in the present time.

I am a Regina champion- loved her as the Evil Queen, but I've also loved seeing her character arc, the emotions that come with it. and the continued redemption.

I didn't read any spoilers, either, so it was a few nice surprises (Snow casting the curse, the split of the hearts, etc.)

Very strong episode.

And can't wait for next week's show.
    Last edited by Resistance84; 04-28-2014 at 11:05 AM.

Chatterbox Christian moviefan2k4's Avatar
    If I remember correctly, didn't he leave (on horseback) shortly after they arrived back in FTL to find The Jolly Roger? He was probably far enough away by then to avoid being swept up by The Curse. He said he was back at sea when he received the message by bird...right...or am I forgetting something?
    So far, the only people we know who escaped Regina's original casting of the Dark Curse were Philip, Aurora, Mulan, Midas, and those in their area of the Forest. That only happened because Cora protected them, but Hook probably would've been on Neverland at that time. For the recasting of the Dark Curse by Peter Pan, I thought Hook was with everyone else on the roadside, by the Storybrooke border. If so, he'd have lost his memories like everyone else...yet he retains them when summoning Emma from New York a year later.

Cool

I gave it an 8.

At least we know who cast the curse and sent the potion to Hook now.

I loved the OQ scenes, as usual. The way Regina waltzed into the room smiling cracked me up...

On another front: Am I the only one who thought that flash of Dorothy looked like Henry in drag?!

Is it possible that he and Dorothy are cousins somehow?
    I loved the scene of Regina and Robin Hood canoodling in the hallway !

Wow ! I never would have guessed that Snow cast the curse, or that she used Charming's heart. I actually was not surprised that Neal sent the message to Hook (especially after I read that a "surprise guest" would be on tonight). And finally, finally Emma used her whammy on Zelena - I've been waiting for that for a while.

yaaay for Neal - he is a hero! I am glad Henry nw remembers him.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelyGal View Post
    I gave this episode a 10. I watch this show for the “fairy tale” aspect and this episode had it. We had Snow and Charming’s love so strong they were able to share a heart. We had Neal who had the power to break free from his father so he could send Emma the potion. Emma’s magic is growing stronger and she used it to save her son and this time around, it was Regina’s kiss breaking the curse. Finally, we had Henry remembering he had two moms who love him dearly and a father who was a hero.

I also enjoyed seeing Glinda and thought it was funny how Snow and Charming went through her door but not Regina. I hope those flying monkeys that went up in smoke aren't really dead since we know they are really people.
    Regina breaking the curse is a sign to me of her redemption - "true loves ' kiss" she's learned (through Henry) how to really love (even w/o her heart!) so she's well on the way to being a hero in my eyes.

Yep Hook was "out of the realm" or between realms I think.

loved the ep and gave it a 10! Loved Henry quizzing Regina (once he got his memory back) about kissing Robin Hood.

I thought Hook was with everyone else on the roadside, by the Storybrooke border. If so, he'd have lost his memories like everyone else...yet he retains them when summoning Emma from New York a year later.
    He was. As far as I know, nobody lost their memories when they were sent back to FTL – until Zelena added the forgetting potion to The Curse.

Hook went looking for The Jolly Roger pretty much right after he (and everybody else) were sent back.

By the time The Curse hit again, he was probably well outside however far it reached before everyone was sent back to Storybrooke.

He told everyone that he received the message by bird when he was at sea – so that must've occurred some time AFTER he recovered the ship from Blackbeard. Then again, he didn't say how long he had been at sea, so it's anyone's guess.

Anyway, as far as I remember, everybody's memories, including Hook's, remained intact after they were sent back (Regina said that only Emma and Henry would forget their time in Storybrooke after they crossed the town line).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast