0 0%
  • 1 - Seeing Stupid

1 2.04%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Seeing Red?"

What did you think?

New In Town
    I don't even know... the whole episode... but the end... I don't even know what to say. Apparently Moria doesn't either. "Malcolm Merlyn is--"

Oh, and I have a question: who was the girl from the flashbacks? Do we know who she is?

anyone got the easter egg with the girl from one of the comic storylines? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_A...onnor_Hawke%29 cough cough)

as for moira....i should have come to the conclusion it was going to happen...i mean seriously, with all the bloody deathflags, ALL episode pointing in that direction. Watching it again makes it so obvious it was going to happen....and yet im still shocked when it does. bravo arrow writers, just...bravo

This episode was a little too dark for my liking. The ending....I mean holy crap. Thea is getting on my nerves. I mean WHY does she blame Oliver for her paternity secret? It makes no sense. No resolution for Roy just another cliffhanger. Sarah's departure came out of nowhere. I mean nothing led up to it. And Oliver has a kid out there somewhere??? WTF! The witty dialogue and the comic relief needs to come back real soon and next episode better bring it.

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by tam123 View Post
    anyone got the easter egg with the girl from one of the comic storylines? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_A...onnor_Hawke%29 cough cough)
    Yeah, that was my guess too.

Quote Originally Posted by tam123 View Post

yep ... i was like omg,didn't see that coming. not this season anyway

Settling In
    Absolutely unbelievable. I'll need a week to process.

New In Town
    e-p-i-c. complete speculation on my part but i believe the old friend sara is going to see is nyssa and the one person who still has yet to die is either sara or oliver's son.

Posting Pro
    I posted this review on another site, but it still sums up my view.

HOLY. ****. Did I just watch a movie or a television episode? Because it felt like a goddamn movie! I'm still tensed up from the ending, I was on the edge of my seat the entirety of those last ten minutes! Okay, deep breath, deep breath. Now....

The flashbacks: A very interesting sequence, but these writers never put in flashbacks that don't mean anything (and I'll get to that at the end of my review). The fact that Oliver is a father (and he doesn't know.... yet) will definitely be an interesting twist to see them play out. We'll definitely see this storyline play out since they said they'd be laying the foundations for Season 3 in these final four episodes. Oh, sidenote: I'm pretty sure the woman we saw in the flashbacks is the one in those pics from the funeral (that we now know is Moira's) that someone posted over in the General Discussion thread.

Roy: This was interesting to see, since we hadn't quite seen Roy having hallucinations as of yet like Slade has had. It gave us more of a look into how the Mirakuru twists the minds of those injected with it, and now I'm certain there is no way that Blood doesn't have it in him as well, since there's no way he could have an army that follows him... unless Slade is planning to kil him after Starling is theirs. Then that makes sense.... oh, right, I was supposed to be talking about Roy. Let's see..... okay, I'll be honest. I got nothing I can really say about him for now. This wasn't Roy, in the end; it was the Mirakuru running Roy on auto-pilot.

Moira's Knowledge: Okay, I didn't see that coming, but honestly I'm glad they had her know. She's far too cunning to not realize that her son is spewing ********, especially after the way he talked before leaving her in the mansion the afternoon of the Undertaking. It gives the entire press conference and her willingness to stay in prison a whole new perspective, to me, as it sort of is a dark mirror to Quentin's decision in the previous episode. But, goddamn it, couldn't Slade have waited just five seconds more so Oliver could know his more-sane, cunning enemy (as opposed to his bat**** cunning enemy) is still alive?

Okay. Now the major thing. We all predicted that at some point Slade would make Oliver choose like on the Island. But pretty much everyone in the forums I visited thought it would be Sara and/or Laurel and one of the Queen ladies, not just the Queen ladies. Thea is now aware that Oliver wasn't alone on the Island, even if she hasn't quite connected the whole 'Oliver is the Arrow' bit of this quite yet (I bet she gets it by the time Papa Merlyn shows up). Moira making the choice instead of Oliver was admirable, and fitting for a mother. A mother would never let her children die if she can make sure they both live. Honestly, as soon as they had the whole focus on Oliver, Thea, and Moira in the limo, I knew something was gonna happen. But I sort of thought it would just be a Mirakuru assassin who had orders to take Moira out, nothing more. I did not expect what happened, and as I type this, my muscles are STILL TENSE from what happened. These writers KNOW HOW TO EFFING KEEP US ON THE EDGE OF OUR SEATS!

Thoughts going forward: as I said above, the writers rarely introduce a new storyline without a reason, and it looks like the baby mommy is at the funeral if I'm remembering those Instagram pics right. So, when Slade says 'there is still one left to die', I can't help but picture the kid being a possibility as a focus on his rage (which would fit with the finale title of "unthinkable" since young kids generally don't get put in those situations in today's TV/films). Barring the baby storyline (the kid would be six in the present, BTW, since the Mom was pregant seven years earlier), I don't think Sara's the one. If she was, Slade would've just crushed her throat in the lair since it would still put Oliver into a depression. No, there's only one person he knows Oliver obsessed over on the Island.... Laurel. But I don't think she's going to be dying (though I admit it's a possibility).

Sara was clearly heading back to Nanda Parbat, likely to return to the League but also to get help in ending Slade once and for all. Malcolm, of course, will be arriving in Episode 22, with Sara and Nyssa (and maybe even Ra's!?) coming in 23. Looking forward to the FINALE!!!!

New In Town
    I was thinking around the same lines when Slade said "there is still one person that has to die before this can end" because they were intertwining the present with the story about the kid. It makes sense. What can be bigger than killing one's mother?

And he already messed with Laurel's head (by telling her about the Arrow) and with Arrow's team (turning Roy), 'though he can still go for Dig or Felicity.
    Last edited by lit; 04-23-2014 at 09:08 PM.

I am so close to not even watching anymore. Seriously.....all the wrong people are dying and I am pissed as hell about it. Is it too much to ask that Malcolm and Slade just off one another while we all watch cheering them along. I'll sell souvenirs and party favors. If one or both of them are not dead by the end of this season..Arrow will be moved from my "must watch list" to "whenever you get a chance because the writers are still screwing with you." If the writers are so obviously going the 'safe' route and thr path of least resistance, then more power to them. I will just use my freedom to tune them out.

Holy. Crap. Yes.

That is all.

Yao Fei, Shado, Tommy, and now Moira. Cripes I feel like I am watching Game of Thrones. All the characters I like die.
    So their might be a little arrow running around somewhere Ollie don't know about.
    Why Sara leaving with Slade still at large? Surely her family is still in danger too.
    And Roy is a cop killer.
    Not sure I like this episode so much.
    Last edited by Who; 04-23-2014 at 10:40 PM.

I can't find the words right now to describe how I feel. I'm not usually emotionally attached to characters, but Moira's death really shook me. Wonderful episode, but I'm totally in shock. Goodbye Moira Queen, gone too soon [crying].

New In Town
    Yeah the episode in and of itself was awesome. It twisted me in exactly the way it wanted.

However, the rippling after effects are bothering me. What will become of the Queen's Gambit? Is Malcolm Merlin going to reveal this information later?

And it takes me much deeper to many of the flaws of the plot in the show. With the undertaking killing so many people, why does that make Oliver's list less relevant? Shouldn't he be MORE prone to bring all of those people who have failed the city to proper responsibility?

Basically I feel like there's several layers that the writers don't have written yet and it is horribly apparent in the gaps in their story telling. This isn't the Marvel universe I guess...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast