No announcement yet.

Finale Predictions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cloisornothing
    @Lipzo : Heroes don't kill enemies, they are not killers (which Oliver dealt with this year after Tommy's death), they save people, even their own enemies sometimes. And honestly, killing off Slade will not 1. bring back Moira to life 2. rebuilt Starling City and 3. if Oliver kills Slade he wouldn't worth much better than angry Mirakuru Slade and 4. if Oliver let Slade live, Slade will have to deal with all the madness he did which is much better and satisfying that being killed. However, I think that Isabel (boring, can't stand her) and Blood will die.

And doing the same "The Count" scenario would be so predictable.
    I know hero's don't kill their enemies but Oliver still isn't a hero, the show's his lead up to becoming a hero and he still has a while to go. But at the same time there have been multiple cases were hero's have killed.
    If Slade's alive then it will feel as if the show is going to go down the same path as Smallville did with the enemy never truly go away. Not to mention nothing would stop him from coming back straight away and trying to kill Oliver again.
    As for leaving him to live with his madness, it's just not something that I can really see happening and I can't say I'd like it at all should it actually happen.

Comment

So Oliver fighting against the killer within all this season would have been done for nothing? Going back and forth from what he was before? No way. Not a great way to become a hero. Another thing, Oliver knows he made a mistake on the island trying to kill Slade instead of saving him. Slade will have the Mirakuru cure, it's very likely to happen in the finale. But however his madness will be gone, the Mirakuru he got in his veins for years will still be in his body still allowing getting superstrength and so on... Slade being alive wouldn't be the same Smallville path (Davis Bloome dead, Zod gone, Tess died, Brainiac reconfigured, Lex Luthor almost died because he's Clark's nemesis) because Slade is a military man from the start, and Arrow is full of grey characters, like Malcolm, Moira... But we all know Slade is not Malcolm and it would be interesting to see him dealing with the fall out of his acts when he was mad. Did I forget to mention that since Malcolm is back with an agenda, Oliver might need Slade's help to stop him next season? Yes, he would want trying to kill Oliver later on the show (not straight away), but Deathstroke is a very important character on DC universe, he can guest star on The Flash, and it would allow him getting a better full transformation as Deathstroke villain, more grounded, more real than in season 2. Why killing off Slade when he's just promoted regular on cast? Very Smallville-ish! (examples: Sam witwer promoted season 8 regular - killed off on season 8 finale, Callum Blue promoted regular on season 9 - disappeared on season 9 finale)
      Last edited by cloisornothing; 05-04-2014, 06:13 AM.

Comment

So Oliver fighting against the killer within all this season would have been done for nothing? Going back and forth from what he was before? No way. Not a great way to become a hero. Another thing, Oliver knows he made a mistake on the island trying to kill Slade instead of saving him. Slade will have the Mirakuru cure, it's very likely to happen in the finale. But however his madness will be gone, the Mirakuru he got in his veins for years will still be in his body still allowing getting superstrength and so on... Slade being alive wouldn't be the same Smallville path (Davis Bloome dead, Zod gone, Tess died, Brainiac reconfigured, Lex Luthor almost died because he's Clark's nemesis) because Slade is a military man from the start, and Arrow is full of grey characters, like Malcolm, Moira... But we all know Slade is not Malcolm and it would be interesting to see him dealing with the fall out of his acts when he was mad. Did I forget to mention that since Malcolm is back with an agenda, Oliver might need Slade's help to stop him next season? Yes, he would want trying to kill Oliver later on the show (not straight away), but Deathstroke is a very important character on DC universe, he can guest star on The Flash, and it would allow him getting a better full transformation as Deathstroke villain, more grounded, more real than in season 2. Why killing off Slade when he's just promoted regular on cast? Very Smallville-ish! (examples: Sam witwer promoted season 8 regular - killed off on season 8 finale, Callum Blue promoted regular on season 9 - disappeared on season 9 finale)
        Why is it so wrong to promote a character to series regular for one season and then get rid of them? I'm not trying to have an argument I'm just curious as to why some people think that is bad decision making.
        Last edited by Quark; 05-04-2014, 06:47 AM.

Comment

I just don't see the point doing this! It doesn't make any sense! I mean why killing off a just promoted (and huge iconic) character right away, there's not enough time to develop properly the character.

Killing Slade just because he killed off Moira ? Killing Slade just because he became insane and he didn't want to? Why should pay the price of Oliver mistakes? I just still don't see what's the point killing off Slade.
          Last edited by cloisornothing; 05-04-2014, 07:43 AM.

Comment

By Smallville path I was referring to Clark never killing anyone, which Superman has done before. Granted he majorly regretted it after but that's what made him vow to never kill. All of those death's you mentioned didn't cmoe as a result of Clark.

If Slade is left alive then I will be pissed off as he won't really be playing much of a future on arrow and it wouldn't be more than a single story line a season unless they made him as a part of Team Arrow which would be even worse.

Comment

TPTB said multiple times that Arrow won't go on Smallville way.

But, Slade is not Lex Luthor, he's not Zod either nor Brainiac. However, I still think he'll live (probably pairing with Team Arrow a bit like with Malcolm in season finale, but for sure, he won't be Team Arrow, but more a mercenary like Deadshot) and maybe working for HIVE in season 3. In the comics, Deathstroke works for HIVE and Deadshot mentionned HIVE in Keep your enemies closer.

Comment

TPTB said multiple times that Arrow won't go on Smallville way.

But, Slade is not Lex Luthor, he's not Zod either nor Brainiac. However, I still think he'll live (probably pairing with Team Arrow a bit like with Malcolm in season finale, but for sure, he won't be Team Arrow, but more a mercenary like Deadshot) and maybe working for HIVE in season 3. In the comics, Deathstroke works for HIVE and Deadshot mentionned HIVE in Keep your enemies closer.
                I was under the impression that Deathstroke was always against HIVE, he got offerred to join them but he turned them down. Unless I'm missing something.

Comment

Here are my opinions on all of the currently predicted deaths;

I personally think Slade should survive as there is so much left to do with him. Assuming he regains his mental health as everyone is predicting he would become the famed Mercenary he is in the Comics. He could cameo in Flash and even in some DC films should they do the right thing and go for a Shared Universe! Imagine a Batman vs Deathstroke fight on the big screen! On top of that, I have this idea in my head that he might return in Season 3 and will have to form some kind of temporary partnership with Ollie and Sara, restoring the old Lian Yu Team in the present. Plus, like others have said he can work for H.I.V.E! There's still plenty of angles that can be done with Slade.

As for Sara, I am pretty certain she won't die this Season, unless she chooses to sacrifice herself and finally become a hero, I originally thought she might but now I'm placing bets on her sacrificing her life in a different way be rejoining the League of Assassins so that they might save Starling from Slade, she could then return in Season 3 as a villain and struggle with her allegiances.

Laurel won't die in my opinion, by her entering the Arrow Cave, taking up the bow in the next episode and her letting the darkness in, it seems now more and more that she is on the road to Black Canary. My personal prediction is that she is going to face Sebastian Blood and may or may not kill him depending on the shows trajectory and she will play a major role in Sara's leaving, maybe being the last character to see her before she leaves with the League. In Season 3 I have a feeling she might join the League of Assassins to be with her sister (or maybe to act as an agent for Team Arrow?) mostly because it would be a good way to train her up and bring her to a level where she may eventually be on par or even better at fighting than the Arrow (keeping in mind that Comic Black Canary is herself a better fighter than Green Arrow). There is however a possibility she could die, after all her discovery of the Arrow's identity has happened at a very similar time in the series to when Tommy learnt the secret and like Tommy she is becoming a more central plot point despite not actually contributing to the grand scheme of things, this could therefore be her way of building up to the end of her life.

In my opinion, the character that is going to die this series is either Isabel Rochev, Sebastian Blood, or both. Brother Blood is a major target right now as the Series has spent a long time building up to Laurel's confrontation with Sebastian and it is pretty much a given that there will be a confrontation and it is very likely she will kill him, having said that they may take her down a more heroic route and have her choose not to kill him. Sebastian has similar goals to those of Merlyn and possibly the League, so there is every chance he could find himself within there ranks, or perhaps he could even take on his Trigon worshiping comic style and become an enemy for the Arrow Teen Titans, Thea, Roy and Sin, I'm not saying this to confirm he will survive, just to say that there are still places he could be taken if he did.

Isabel Rochev is almost certainly going to die, there's not much more you can really do with her, in her civilian form she is gone by the end of the Season, with the knowledge that she is working with Slade, Arrow would never allow her to stay at Queen Consolidated after the Season concludes and there's not much else she can really do, besides she doesn't have a strong enough backstory to stay on with any important role. As Ravager it is possible she could stay, but Slade has children out in the world and frankly there are so many better choices for the Ravager, Isabel was good for this Season as an introduction to the character that didn't add another plot-thread to the long list, but after that she's never going to be nearly as interesting as Rose Wilson could be.

Finally, whilst these aren't common, I feel these should be addressed. Thea won't die. She just won't, she's Speedy, if they we're going to kill her she would have to have been Speedy for at least a little while, personally I'm putting my money on Thea being an eventual permanent side-kick. Roy's the same, he hasn't had Arsenal, Red Arrow or Speedy yet (not really) so he's unlikely to be offed just yet, whilst I guess it could happen to set up Thea as Speedy, I think it's more likely that's Moira's role. Roy's death would just spoil so many decent plot-lines that have yet to unfold, if anything Roy will have his arm chopped off and become Arsenal. Personally I'm hoping that Roy eventually becomes a stand-alone hero outside of the Arrow Cave, much like I'm expecting Canary to do. And finally Quentin, whilst I'm not happy about it, it seems the writers are going down the Commissioner Gordon route with Quentin, making it so he chooses not to question the Arrow and is simply his ally and supporter, for this reason he will stay on, blissfully unaware of Arrow's identity and serving the police force and Team Arrow as his successes slowly rise him through the ranks. I don't like this idea, it is a rip-off and unoriginal in my opinion, it's also stupid as it's blatantly obvious from where Quentin's standing that Oliver is the Arrow, but if that's the thread there going with then it's far too early to kill of Quentin.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipzo
                    After watching much of the first season, and all of this season again I see it all happening something much like this:

Character’s involved in taking down Slade, Isabel, Blood and Slade’s Army;

Must have characters:

Oliver/Arrow
                    – Obviously a given due to him being the main character though I think he will be put through the ringer given the fact the he is still recovering from a knee injury as a result of Roy’s punch not to mention the concrete slab’s falling on top of him in the last episode. As a result of this I see him being much more of an overseer for most of the minor fighting against everyone else except for Slade who he will demand to take care of himself. He will most likely be overseeing Sara, Nyssa and the rest of the league members that have come to help out.

Felicity – Waller to recruit her in for her computer genius and taking control of A.R.G.U.S. and how they deploy the suicide squad. She will essentially be the one to co-ordinate between the Suicide Squad and Oliver/”Team Arrow”.

Diggle
                    – Currently I see him as a ringer, I’m not sure if he will be taking part with A.R.G.U.S. or with Oliver. He has reason’s to follow both, though I’m leaning more towards what Oliver would ask him to do due to everything they have done together compared to the major disagreements he has with Waller and the way things are run. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was put in a position in which he was working with the Suicide Squad and once again working closely with Deadshot (yes it may be slightly repetitive but most TV shows are), in which he sees Deadshot not only looking after his own wellbeing but also that of Starlings.

Suicide Squad
                    – They will be the front line assault force against the Slade’s army. They’re a group of highly trained killer’s and are by far the best equipped to handle that group (except for maybe the league). Potentially they may be teamed up with the League members Nyssa and Sara bring along.

League of Assassin’s
                    – Much like the Suicide Squad, the nobodies will be the front lines against Slade’s Army and those two groups will work together to take them out the army.

Nyssa/Sara – At some stage I can see Sara wanting to take on Slade without Oliver’s help as she believes she’s nothing but a killer but Oliver still has some good in him (See the end of episode 20 I think it was, in particular the end with the final conversation between the two of them before she leaves) and as she clearly loves him she doesn’t want him to turn out like her. During this fight Sara will basically be dead and we will see Nyssa carry her away. I’ve made previous predictions on similar things to this in which Sara would almost die and Nyssa would revive her via the lazarus pit only to have her become the White Canary.

Laurel – I don’t see her playing a major role, but I do see her being the one to take on Blood. The entire season has essentially built up to a confrontation between the two of them and if it doesn’t happen I will be rather disappointed. It is the absolute perfect time to have Laurel take her first true steps in becoming Black Canary (as the writers clearly want and have stated multiple times).

Potential Characters:
                    Roy – He’s most certainly an eight-ball, and either he’s not going to have any part to play in the finale (which I would personally hate after everything they’ve given him this season and their plans for him to become Arsenal) or he is going to wake up and take the fight directly to Slade. Should he take the fight directly to Slade I can see him losing an arm (as Arsenal does), and in some way Thea would see it happen and beg Merlyn (as we know is in the next episode) to help Roy out.

Merlyn
                    – Should the previous things occur, Merlyn will try and be the good dad and help of Roy and get him away from Slade. This will result in a minor little skirmish between the 2 of them in which Merlyn will get his walked all over only to further show the challenge that Oliver is up against when it comes to Slade. Slade will let Merlyn live and leave with Roy.

Barry/Flash
                    – Should Roy be involved in the finale, I wouldn’t be surprised if we find out that the phone call Felicity got from Star Labs was to say Barry had just regained slight consciousness. Then during the finale they will find the cure and Barry will race past Roy and inject him the cure taking away the Mirakuru from him. This would also allow for the delusional/mistrustful state that is traditionally Arsenal to keep maintain given Roy’s mental state while on the Mirakuru.

Deaths;
                    Bronze Tiger – Unless they have major plans for the character I can see him being killed off so he is no longer a member of the Suicide Squad as he really doesn’t bring much to the table. He has no back story to anything in the universe.

Isabel – If she isn’t killed off then Oliver will never be able to take back control of his company nor will the fight between the two of them end. For this reason alone I can see her being gone by the end of the season.

Sara
                    – I’ve already stated what I think will happen to her and why she will be “killed” for story line development, but also the fact that they have clear plans for Laurel and she has only been a guest start this entire season means to me she isn’t wanted as a permanent major character.

Slade/Deathstroke
                    – As much as I love Manu being on the show and how much he brings to it, I think he needs to be killed off. If he isn’t then it would just seem like Oliver is able just beat the people threatening him for a short time but only to have them come back at him later. While I can see the potential logic behind it (Green Arrow doesn’t kill), the fact that Oliver is still new to being a hero means to me he should be killing off some of his enemies. Not to mention the fact Green Arrow has plenty of other major enemies to deal with rather than repeating the same ones over and over again.

Blood
                    – By far the most obvious kill off for the season, and it’s been that way since we first found out he was the one under the mask. He will have no point in any future season and given the fact Oliver knows the truth about him if he isn’t killed, Oliver would have him prosecuted and put in jail for life. Then even if that failed, Oliver would just put an arrow through him.

Side Notes;

Lance
                    – I’m rather interested to see how he will adapt to the situation as he will be completely useless if he stays the same.

Thea – What is she going to do while the city is falling apart? We already know her and Merlyn have a scene together in the next episode but what her decision will be who knows.

Shado
                    – I’d really like to have another flashback with her in it, maybe right before Oliver fights Slade on the island from both of their own perspectives. She was such a great character and after this season she won’t be back in the show much, if at all so I think she deserves a final goodbye.

Bratva
                    – Will they be involved at all in the next couple of episodes? While obviously they wouldn’t be able to do much it would seem odd so me if they aren’t at least mentioned in future episodes of having attempted to help stop everything as any mob/gang is going to attempt to stop infringement on their own territory.
                    Good post Lipzo. I like seeing what other people are speculating, it always gives me more ideas.

Here are some thoughts -
                    Oliver, and Felicity, taking control of LOA and ARGUS, even if briefly. I honestly don't think that would be allowed by either Nyssa or Waller. Not unless they are directed to do so by their respective higher powers. Most of these types are loathe to give up any power they have. But it would be fun if this happened Can you imagine, say, if Oliver does a better job at directing a war than Nyssa, how that would make her look to her dad? Or if Felicity did a much better job then Waller, whoever her boss is might have some ideas about replacing Waller.

For Diggle, what if he is helping Oliver, and unaware that the suicide squad is brought in. Then he could have an battlefield encounter with Deadshot, and see how that turns out. What would Diggle do?

Laurel HAS to take Blood out, somehow. Maybe she can have more evidence, and literally have the mayor arrested and locked up? Oh how I wish she would discover that Blood worked for the Huntress dad, so the Huntress would come in and wipe the floor with Blood

Roy, what they have done to him this season reminds me of how bad things were for Laurel. I'm not sure what can be done for him, unless they get him the cure.

Flash - I hope they can show him in one of these last episodes. Even if he's still in a coma in the hospital.

Blood is my number one to be killed off. I still don't think Sara has to be killed, since she can fade away into the sunset with the LOA. Then she could do occaisional appearances, like the Huntress. If any suicide squad members die, that just seems like part of the deal for them. The one that I don't think would die is Deadshot, as it seems people like him, and he is the one enemy that makes Diggle a focus.

And I agree, I would love to see another flashback with Shado. She was one of my favorite island characters for a while.

Comment

Hey, just wondering who everyone thinks will be kidnapped in the finale, the synopsis says its someone close to Oliver's heart? my guess is its laurel but i really really hope it isn't. Far too predictable and boring.

Comment

@carter, with the talk of felicity working for slade i wouldnt be surprised if its felicity

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.
                          Hey, just wondering who everyone thinks will be kidnapped in the finale, the synopsis says its someone close to Oliver's heart? my guess is its laurel but i really really hope it isn't. Far too predictable and boring.
                          Maybe predictable (I agree for this part), but who has been the most close of Oliver's heart? Laurel! Felicity is just a partner to Oliver's eyes and having a "The Count" (2x07) remake would be so lame.

And I think that kidnapping Laurel to trap Sara fits with Slade's revenge plan since both Sara and Oliver are responsible of what's happening to Starling City.
                          Last edited by cloisornothing; 05-06-2014, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Maybe predictable (I agree for this part), but who has been the most close of Oliver's heart? Laurel! Felicity is just a partner to Oliver's eyes and having a "The Count" (2x07) remake would be so lame.

And I think that kidnapping Laurel to trap Sara fits with Slade's revenge plan since both Sara and Oliver are responsible of what's happening to Starling City.
                            I agree with this. I seem to recall the producers saying that something will happen in the final episodes that will (paraphrasing here) 'throw a wrench' into the whole Oliver and Felicity relationship/friendship. Now, while I'm sure Olicity fans will be hoping it's a 'they admit their feelings for one another' moment, I think it's more a 'one last betrayal' moment. Maybe not something major, like Felicity being in Slade's pocket for one reason or another (though there is plenty of circumstantial evidence to build a case for that), but it could be something like she decides to work at S.T.A.R. Labs for one reason or another after she helps Oliver take down Slade.

As far as the 'person close to Oliver's heart', there's three people it could be:

Laurel - Do I need to enumerate the reasons?

Thea - While the finale description leads me to believe Thea won't be involved in the final fight with Slade at all, but more having to find a way out of her predicament with her archer of a father, there is the possibility that Slade captures her for that purpose.

Oliver's Kid - On the one hand, they've said the baby will play a big role in Season 3. That said, they haven't said anything about whether it will be part of the finale, and IMO, it's a very likely candidate. Why? My reasoning lies below.

Three statements have stood out to me regarding Season 3. First is Manu Bennett mentioning that he heard Malcolm might be the Big Bad of Season 3 (I think it's more likely he'll just play a recurring role and we'll see the real Season 3 villain in Episode 9 like we've seen the past two seasons). Second is that Oliver will start in a place that he's never been before; this could not only refer to being broke, but also in having to adapt to being a father. Third, that the baby will play a major role in Season 3. My guess is that Season 3's recurring theme will be the 'woes of sudden parenthood'. Thea might be taken under Malcolm's wing, and Malcolm has to handle being the father of a teenage girl while also (maybe) getting his name cleared or something of the like so he can live in Starling without reprisals. Oliver would have to adapt to being a parent as well (presuming the mother was killed by Slade when he kidnapped the kid if the kid is the one mentioned in the finale description), and doing so while having no cash flow.

Comment

Yes, Marc Guggenheim said something will happen to Olicity that some fans might like, and other won't like. Seems very likely that Felicity betrayal might happen. And it might be a huge shock, honestly.

Another point, why would Manu Bennett saying something about season 3 if he's not involved on season 3? That wouldn't make any sense!

But I agree about parenthood theme, and I think that Thea might give Oliver a second chance when she'll see Malcolm's true colors. And the summary of "Unthinkable" seems to indicate, she's gonna need Roy's help.

Comment

I think Sara will sacrifice her life for Laurels..,, I think Laurel is the one "close to olivers heart" who is kidnapped and Sara sacrificed her life to save Laurel... thus.. moving Laurel into the "I need to take my sister place" mode.... I think eventually turning into the BC!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎