Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Librarians (TNT)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could we see Noah Wyle returning more down the line since Falling Skies is gonna end soon?

Comment

My Mom and I (both big fans of the Librarian movies--we've not only seen all 3 but own them on DVD) both enjoyed the premiere(s?). But I think she liked it a bit more than I did. Which is surprising but...

I loved how they worked in all the references to the previous adventures (I won't spoil some of them for those who haven't seen the films. But there were some very cute allusions and outright callbacks to the films--especially the first one).

I do feel like we were a bit rushed with the 'new team' but I guess they can be fleshed out over the season. Which, I discovered, will be running without interruption. Yep, all 10 (well, 8 now) episodes in a row! Everyone still feels a bit one dimensional but, as I said, they'll have time to flesh it out.

Always so great to see Bob Newhart and Jane Curtain. I was a bit sorry they didn't have bigger roles but at least we got them.

Noah was just terrific as Flynn, as always. I felt like he was 'our Flynn', though I did feel he got a little overshadowed in a few places by the 'newbies'. But then he bounced back.

Poor Excalibur! I never thought a sword 'dying' could make me misty....

Matt Frewer as the bad guy? Hmmm. His accent was a little hard to understand but he was fun to watch. And it's nice to see the Serpent Brotherhood again (they were the baddies in the first movie, so again-another nice callback).

A good premiere and a solid start to the series.

Comment

Anyone know how the ratings were for the premiere? I wouldn't be surprised if they were good, especially since they didnt have to worry about The Walking Dead.

Comment

I enjoyed the premiere. I don't ever remember watching the film trilogy but, fortunately it was not a prerequisite coming into this series. It stood on its own which is great for people not familiar with the films. The premiere gave me a Warehouse 13 vibe; it had a very similar concept...except that this series is based more on magic. I definitely want to see more.

Comment

Loved the series premiere and definitely look forward to next wk.

Btw on the show's Facebook page theyre saying it had fantastic ratings. Glad to hear it did well. It definitely reminds me of Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Doctor Who and Warehouse 13. Love it!

5.4 million viewers last night according to TV By The Numbers made it cable's most watched series debut of 2014! Wouldnt be surprised if once they add in DVR numbers that goes up.
            Last edited by Austin 3:16; 12-08-2014, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
              5.4 million viewers
              How many of those millions were watching in disbelief of how hyper-ultra-dumb it was, though?
              There might be a total of 87 people tuning back in next week. Like, I'm talking CNN viewership numbers. But then again, America is.... increasingly..... ready....for entertainment such as this. This show may be the new Masterpiece Theater for a new age.
              Last edited by InactiveUserID; 12-08-2014, 05:15 PM.

Comment

U know some of us actually LIKE the show Inactive. U dont have to watch.

I know I had fun watching. Ill be watching again next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
                  Anyone know how the ratings were for the premiere?
                  As Austin said, it was the most watched cable premiere of 2014. I knew people liked the Librarians movies but that was still a bit of a surprise. The only thing is, can the show hold the ratings without Noah? I guess we'll find out on Sunday...

Comment

New Episode Tonight

Comment

Tricia Helfer tonight too announced on The Librarians fb page.

Comment

Well, we got our answer for how the show would work without Flynn (though it was nice he got a mention). I thought it did pretty well, actually.

This was a fun episode, though it did 'clunk' in a few places (does Baird really have to "learn a lesson" every week?). John Larroquette continues to be fun to watch and I'm warming to Ezekiel (though I still find his accent a bit hard to understand at times).

I did have one small problem though--if this cult or whatever has been doing this for 3,000 years how come none of the previous librarians have gone after them? They just left this alone and let 14 people get sacrificed every year? I can sort of understand them not knowing about it, perhaps, except for the book and the clippings.

Also, I did enjoy Stone (Kane's character) not trusting Cassandra as she'd burned him once. I hope we get more backstory on him (obviously someone hurt him--badly--in regards to his intellect).

A solid outing and proof that "The Librarians" can do well (with a little help) without Flynn.

Comment

I think with the cult they said they used to sacrifice 14 peoples every year spread out where now they just started doing them all at once with drew more attention. also with the magic being released in the Pilot it may have made everything more visible to the world to see where before with the 14 people being spread out and the magic in the world being weak it wouldnt have pushed out as much energy.

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
                            also with the magic being released in the Pilot it may have made everything more visible to the world to see where before with the 14 people being spread out and the magic in the world being weak it wouldnt have pushed out as much energy.
                            Ooo, I hadn't thought of that. That's very true.

BTW, if I might borrow your line Jeff--new episode tonight!

Comment

yup. Was going to just come to say that but you beat me lol.

Going to be a christmas episode and people seem excited since theres a lot of bruce campbell fans out there.

Comment

"Somebody jacked Santa's ride" ...so many great lines in tonight's episode even if he spoke in third person (that was annoying from the beginning)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎