No announcement yet.

The Librarians (TNT)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Librarians (TNT)

TNT has formally ordered a straight-to-series version of its popular Librarian movie franchise with Rebecca Romijn set to star.

Titled The Librarians, the 10-episode project centers on four ordinary people with extraordinary talents who discover that they have been selected by Noah Wyle’s Flynn to work for The Library, an ancient fellowship of knowledge and heroism. The quartet travels the world investigating strange occurrences, battling ancient conspiracies and protecting the innocent from the dangerous, secret world of magic.

The cast also includes Christian Kane (Leverage, Angel), Lindy Booth (Dawn of the Dead,The Philanthropist), John Kim (Neighbors, The Pacific) and John Larroquette (Night Court).

The series is being built around the premise that the job of Librarian has become more than one person can handle. Enter Eve Baird (Romijn), who’s described as “a highly skilled counter-terrorism agent responsible for protecting the group”; Jake Stone (Kane), “an Oklahoma oil worker with an IQ of 190 and an encyclopedic knowledge of art history”; Cassandra (Booth), “a quirky young woman with the special gift of auditory and sensory hallucinations linked to memory retrieval, known as synesthesia”; and Ezekiel Jones (Kim), “a master of new technologies and aficionado of old classic crimes who enjoys playing the role of international man of mystery.” Larroquette’s character, Jenkins, will serve as the quartet’s reluctant, sometimes cantankerous caretaker; he’s worked at the Library’s branch office “for longer than anyone knows” and has extensive knowledge of ancient lore.

Chief among our protagonists’ adversaries will be the Serpent Brotherhood, a cult led by the mysterious immortal Dulaque, a recurring role played by Matt Frewer (Max Headroom, Falling Skies).

The Librarians is slated to launch later this year.

http://tvline.com/2014/04/10/the-lib...ijn-noah-wyle/

Some additional information:

Universal Networks International announced Wednesday that the Electric Entertainment-produced TV series “The Librarians” is coming to Universal Channel in over 100 countries.

The show’s worldwide debut will come within 24 hours of the U.S. premiere on TNT in December. Universal Channel viewers in Australia, Asia, Europe and Latin America will all be able to tune in to the new series timed to the U.S. premiere.

Comment

That's pretty cool for those outside the US!

Comment

Most certainly will be watching this show. I was a fan of the original movies trilogy so I'm looking forward to it on that regard but more importantly getting to see a mate from high school on a TV show I will enjoy is going to be sweet.

Comment

Official release date has been stated as the 7th of December

Comment

This sounds very cool and kinda reminds me of Relic Hunter with Tia Carrere mixed with a bit of Warehouse 13.

Comment

Premieres 2 Weeks from Sunday

Comment

I think I found my answer to the voids that the cancelled Leverage and finale of Warehouse 13 left
                Last edited by darkphoenix21; 11-21-2014, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Glad to see Christian Kane on the show. Always was a fan of his when he was on Angel.

Comment

A little over a week to go until the premiere! Dec. 7th and it's 2 hours, it seems. Can't wait to see Flynn again.

Comment

Series premiere tonight!!!

Comment

I do like what I'm seeing so far. I never saw the movie trilogy.

Comment

Watched this the moment I got home from work and I loved it from start to finish. As a fan of the movies I liked how they wrapped up that part of the universe so we don't have questions about why Jensen wouldn't be around much in future.
                          The only part I didn't like was the fact that Excalibur was destroyed. While I do get something like that was needed in order to set up the series the fact it was Excalibur, who not only played a role in each movie but has such an extensive background behind it, seemed like it was a bit early for my liking.

I thought all the characters came across extremely well and there is clearly some chemistry there amongst them.
                          I like the casting for all of the roles as well, Kane can easily pull of the role he is playing, Rebecca Romijn showed her stuff as Mystique and having known John Kim throughout highschool that slightly cheeky person suits him perfectly. Who ever it is that plays Cassandra is probablly the one person I can't recall seeing before but I did like what I saw from her.

Comment

I havent seen the movies but i really liked the first 2 episodes. Think ill have to check the movies out now.

Cassandra was played by Lindy Booth. Ive seen her in a couple things before but cant recall. Just looked at her IMDB page and she was on Famous Jett Jackson, NCIS and Supernatural and played Night B!tch in Kick Ass 2.
                            Last edited by superhippie2000; 12-08-2014, 11:10 AM.

Comment

I saw her in a Hallmark Channel movie. My mom has that channel on almost 24/7.

I also remember her from Warehouse 13, Fairly Legal, and Kick-Ass 2.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎