Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Deathstroke?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Much better than last week. Even more action packed and with better characterizations this time around. Gosh, where to begin?

- Probably with Slade, since this episode is all about him. He was one conniving s.o.b. here. At the same time, they finally gave us a more civil scene between him and Oliver that put a few things in perspective. Althogh I can't help but feel there's more to his "I swam" story. Also, the Shado projections were a very interesting touch. They showed us how Slade's brain really functions and what an effect the mirakuru has had on him. Finally, for all his physical dominance, I loved Slade's newest special skill: telling on other people's secrets. Truly evil.

Just one question though. How the hell can Slade know about Thea's fatherhood? Maybe that's where Isabel and her remark about Robert Queen come in. The show never actually alluded to what Isabel and Moira's real beef was about, so maybe she has a history with the Queens and she knows about some of their dirty secrets. Either way, team Slade also seems to be growing and I loved the sight of them taking over Queen Consolidated.

- I realize what Amell meant when he said these episodes would give him grey hair if they were real life situations. I won't say Ollie hit rock bottom, but he sure lost a lot here. The company, Thea's trust (which like I said last week, I never understood how he ever fully had), Roy and more. Even so, I liked the reconciliation scene with Moira. It was well acted by both of them. As was his last scene with the original team Arrow.

- Speaking of team Arrow, Roy leaving for a while probably works for the best. It was too crowded with 5 people. I think you can see his point of view to a degree. After Birds of Prey, I suspected Roy would resent Oliver for telling him to break it off with Thea. And you saw what the repercussions were in this episode. Not sure when or how Roy will be back, but it will be interesting to see what they do with him from now on.

- Laurel finding out the secret kind of surprised me. The timing is ok, but when the show started, I thought it would be under different circumstances. Of course, no one knows when she'll confront Oliver about it. For all we know, she might keep it to herself until next season.

- Poor Quentin can't catch a break.

- The island scenes were ok, although I feel they've lost a bit of steam. There's just too many people involved right now. Although I don't mind Anatoly. He's actually a fun character to have on a show as dark as this. The most interesting thing about these recent flashbacks is that they show the mean streak that's starting to develop in Sara.

I've rambled on enough. 8 out of 10. Would have been 8.5 if we didn't get another hiatus.

Comment

The only good thing about the episode was Roy's comment to Sara: "Of course you agree with him, you're screwing him" hahah. Roy was so right in this episode.

Comment

LOVED this episode death stroke is just so awesome and seeing Shado in Slades head is a nice touch XD I like Isabel too, really wonder what's her agenda.
        But did anyone else just laugh at the end when he just revealed Oliver's secret to Laurel, i found it funny for some reason. Maybe it felt out of nowhere for me, and the fact it didn't seem like she was questioning it, but we'll probably see how she takes this information in the next episode. Likewise with Thea. I really want to know whats going to happen to Roy, now that he's drove off on his own, but it'll be a little while till we see him again. Seeing him lash out at everyone was pretty funny though, even though it was obvious he would be angry at Oliver in this episode.

Comment

WOW! This episode was amazing! Don't really have the words actually to express myself properly. One of the best of the series BY FAR. Did I say WOW? 10/10.

Comment

I am amazed they fit everyone in and they actually had purpose even if for a few moments.

Comment

This might be the first time I gave an ep a 10 this season.

So many things going on, here are some that really caught my attention.

Ollie telling Slade, 'you know what they are calling you now? Deathstroke" and Slades reaction was excellent

The situation where Thea Queen was advertised as being kidnapped all over the major news networks, etc. Up until this time, I thought it pretty much a no-go for the return of Malcolm Merlyn. But with this, I really think it possible he comes back to town since he can see Thea is in extreme danger. And if he is truly on the run from the League of Assasins, then is it possible that if he returns to Starling, then the LOA would follow him there? And would it be possible that Nyssa was the one following him?

Laurel - why would she believe anything Slade Wilson says? One thing I can forsee, she is going to get Quentin out of whatever trouble has been concocted. I wouldn't be surprised if that supervisor that is always hassling Quentin is on Slades payroll.

Island Sara - she is becoming quite clever, but not enough for Slade.

Sara - I had a bad thought that she is going to die protecting Laurel from Slade, or that sock puppet Blood.

Rochev - wow, she is really is up to shenanigans. But she seems to have brought out the early Arrow, as he seemed quite serious about icing her.

Roy - I don't know what to think about him anymore. I can understand where he is coming from, but he was being quite insubordinate. I think when he saw Thea, and then drove away, he was really admitting to himself that he is dangerous and he left so he wouldn't be near her.

Diggle and Felicity - They are going to have their hands full helping Oliver deal with this current situation. but they at least seem very supportive. Slade is ripping at the foundations of all of Olivers other freinds/family, but these two seem to be immune, or he hasn't gotten to them yet. I suppose there is a remote possibility he could show up in that Flash show, since Felicity likes Barry so much.

Slade - He's always been one of my favorite characters, going back to the island. But he is really stepping up his evil designs in this episode. I can't help feeling that somehow, he can still be reasoned with. This is probably not true, but he gives me that impression. My hope is that somehow he can return to sanity, before he and Ollie kill one another.

Shado - Another of my earlier favorites, it was nice to see her ghost/hallucination. It was interesting to see her ghost save Ollie on the island. It's almost creepy. I don't know if the ghost is driving Slade, or simply justifying his actions.

Thea - She is the one I expect to have these overblown reactions to things, as she has always kind of been that way. But I wonder why she would believe anything some kidnapper told her as the truth? Did he have some kind of proof?

Comment

Please, does anyone know the name of the Soundtrack playing at minute 25? With Oliver and Moira is having "their moment". Please help me :/

Comment

Just when I thought this show couldn't get any better the cast and crew take it to a whole new level. Slade telling Laurel that then just walking out the door. What a cold hearted son of a gun.

I dont know if anyone else watches WWE and Arrow but Summer Glau at the end of tonight's show reminded me of AJ. Just with how she was behaving and her smiling and dropping hints to Blood about what Ollie really has been doing with his nights. So happy Summer joined the show.

When the show was over for tonight I honestly said "No dont stop there!" Wanted to see more. Thats the third time this wk ive said that besides From Dusk Till Dawn The Series and Agents Of SHIELD. How can tv consistently be this good?!? The people on these shows need raises because theyre definitely earning their paychecks!

Comment

It was a good episode but there were a bunch of things I didn't like. Firstly I do not have a clue why Thea would believe Slade's allegations and also why Slade would consider that to be Oliver's secret. Surely that would be Moira's secret? Also even if Slade had proof that Malcolm was Thea's Father, how could Slade prove that Oliver knew?

Another thing that bugged me was the way that Sara threatened to kill Roy just because Roy bent Diggle's arm back. It didn't seem like Roy was going to kill him, to me anyway.

I really really don't like the fact that Slade seems able to do anything (particularly that whole car scenario after leaving the police station) and how he seems to know everything. I would like to see his limit. I'm also intrigued as to how he got someone like Isabel to join in to his scheme unless she wants her own revenge on the Queens.

The last thing I didn't like is the fact that even though Thea was kidnapped by Slade at the end of last episode, she still decided to go home alone in this episode.

One more thing I don't like although it's not really to do with this episode in particular. Moira knows Isabel and does not like her but hasn't told Oliver why, yet apparently Moira has not got any secrets left.

There are some things I liked about this episode though. Isabel looked absolutely amazing and I loved that scene when Oliver forgave his Mum. Also looking forward to see if Oliver will fight Isabel to get his company back.
                    Last edited by Quark; 04-03-2014, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 3:16

I dont know if anyone else watches WWE and Arrow but Summer Glau at the end of tonight's show reminded me of AJ.
                      She was "Adorably Evil"!

Comment

Best way I've heard it put Caught.

Yeah I wondered why Thea left by herself after all that as well. Though when u have been through what shed been put through she probably wasnt thinking clearly.

Ollie let her blame him for the whole secret when it was Moiras. I think he felt she was blaming him anyway so why not take the blame. Plus I think she blamed Moira too. She did compare him to Moira when he said he was just trying to keep her safe. Personally she seemed like she was just angry and blaming whomever was in her line of fire.

Btw since Isable was brainwashed by Slade does that mean shes supposed to be Arrow's version of what Terra was to the Titans in that storyline back in the day? Just seems like that to me. Not entirely mind u but with parallels u know what I mean?

Anyone else catch Felicity's little comment about Barry during the ep?

Comment

Originally posted by Quark
                          Another thing that bugged me was the way that Sara threatened to kill Roy just because Roy bent Diggle's arm back. It didn't seem like Roy was going to kill him, to me anyway.
                          She didn't threaten to kill him, if you look at the arrow she had it was one of the ones with the same toxin that was used on Slade which would've just put him to sleep.

I really really don't like the fact that Slade seems able to do anything (particularly that whole car scenario after leaving the police station) and how he seems to know everything. I would like to see his limit. I'm also intrigued as to how he got someone like Isabel to join in to his scheme unless she wants her own revenge on the Queens.
                          I'm sure at some stage we will see his limit's, but he's been planning this for years and it's realistic to think that he was in starling when Ollie got back and has been able to learn all of Team Arrow's tricks and make plan's for them.
                          As for Isabel, that's something I also am interested in.

The last thing I didn't like is the fact that even though Thea was kidnapped by Slade at the end of last episode, she still decided to go home alone in this episode.
                          Well she didn't want to be around Moira or Ollie, and her and Roy have broken up so that doesn't really leave anyone. Also, she Slade let her go willingly so she doesn't really have anything to be scared of and it's not like she was hurt or anything by Slade in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipzo
                            She didn't threaten to kill him, if you look at the arrow she had it was one of the ones with the same toxin that was used on Slade which would've just put him to sleep.

I'm sure at some stage we will see his limit's, but he's been planning this for years and it's realistic to think that he was in starling when Ollie got back and has been able to learn all of Team Arrow's tricks and make plan's for them.
                            As for Isabel, that's something I also am interested in.

Well she didn't want to be around Moira or Ollie, and her and Roy have broken up so that doesn't really leave anyone. Also, she Slade let her go willingly so she doesn't really have anything to be scared of and it's not like she was hurt or anything by Slade in the first place.
                            I'm pretty sure that Sara said something along the lines of "If you hurt my friend I will kill you". It just seemed really out of character for her especially after trying to mentor him. Also not sure what Diggle hoped to achieve with his gun. They don't seem to work on Roy .

I guess your right about Slade planning this for years. I still find it a bit strange though.

Thea could have called a taxi or friend. Also Slade may not have hurt her physically but it must be pretty awful to be kidnapped and then have various guns pointed at you even if your not hurt in the whole process. I don't think Thea is going to be forgiving Slade anytime soon for what he did.

Comment

Great episode. My take away: Oliver doesn't know how to play chess.
                              He fell for every move Slade made and probably will continue to do so.
                              He has no gift for strategy.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that Sara said something along the lines of "If you hurt my friend I will kill you". It just seemed really out of character for her especially after trying to mentor him. Also not sure what Diggle hoped to achieve with his gun. They don't seem to work on Roy .

I guess your right about Slade planning this for years. I still find it a bit strange though.

Thea could have called a taxi or friend. Also Slade may not have hurt her physically but it must be pretty awful to be kidnapped and then have various guns pointed at you even if your not hurt in the whole process. I don't think Thea is going to be forgiving Slade anytime soon for what he did.
                                For the first part yeah she said if you don't stop hurting my friend I will kill you. I'm paraphrasing that sentence but the arrow she was aiming at Roy was the ones she made specifically designed to put Slade to sleep so the police can arrest him.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎