• 1 - Put this episode to Death

2 5.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Deathstroke?"

What did you think, everybody?

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    I loved it.

Roy quit and is moving towards becoming Arsenal.
    Thea knows Malcolm Merlyn is her father.
    Laurel knows that Ollie is the Arrow.
    Quentin got arrested.
    Moira is winning the election.
    The reveal that Isabel Rochev is working for Slade was handled perfectly.
    I love seeing Shado even if it is just an hallucination.

The Force is Strong!!! darkphoenix21's Avatar
    Training the next generation of Jedi legends
    Quote Originally Posted by Halberdier17 View Post
    I loved it.

Roy quit and is moving towards becoming Arsenal.
    Thea knows Malcolm Merlyn is her father.
    Laurel knows that Ollie is the Arrow.
    Quentin got arrested.
    Moira is winning the election.
    The reveal that Isabel Rochev is working for Slade was handled perfectly.
    I love seeing Shado even if it is just an hallucination.
    All this...it was one of the best episode of the series. What more could anyone ask of an episode like this. It was just an hour of entertainment that, I for one, didn't want it to end. LOVED IT!!!

10!

Loved it Loved it LOVED IT! Everything was handled well and It kept us on our toes. I was predicting that Slade was going to tell Thea that Oliver was Arrow, not the Merlyn secret,
    so that came as a surprise and made me let my guard down...and then BOOM he just walks up to Laurels door and is like hey btws Oliver is Arrow. That man just does not play by the rules and I freaking cant wait till the next episode!

Board Master
    A lot has moved forward in this episode than any other. Slade has shown why he's one of the top villains.

Settling In
    Slade is good at being evil, making his enemies hurt/destroy themselves.

I'm wondering how Thea is going to handle that news, I suspect she'll turn to drugs/alcohol?

i have a feeling we will see Malcom within the next couple of episodes.

where is Roy off to?

I hate how many people know Oliver's secret, it's stupid. More than anything I hate that laurel now knows because now she's going to be a big baby drama queen in the next episode.

i loved the episode, I just didn't care for how it ended. Mainly because I like Roy (and he's off to who knows where) and hate laurel (and now she knows who Oliver is)

10 out of freaking 10.

BEST episode this season.

Posting Pro
    10/10, anyone who disagrees deserves to get an arrow to the eye.
    Roy leaving was done well, and he will probably start training to become Arsenal now though I think he will be back before the end of the season and maybe we will get an episode centred around him as well.
    Laurel finding out Ollie's secret is just great, it's going to be interesting to see how she react's and whether or not she tell's her Dad/Sara. I'm predicting some type of confrontation between Laurel and Sara/Ollie as surely she would realise that Sara would also know given they were lost together.
    Isabel working for Slade was extremely well done, and I don't think it could've been done any better.
    Moira's part in the entire episode was brilliant and it was good to see that Ollie and her could get over some of their past difference's. Also the flashback's with Merlyn do make me think it's possible he will show up before the end of the season (espicially when you take into consideration some of the things Amell has said via twitter/fb).
    Slade creating his army of ex-con's with the Mirakuru, that's just going to be ridiculous and I'm extremely curious as to how they are going to beat them. Maybe a Sara, Ollie, Roy, Meryln, Nyssa combo and probably the suicide squad as well.
    This single episode had more going on it than most modern movie's do in twice the amount of time.

Now I just with I had a time machine to jump foward a week to see the next episode already.

New In Town
    I was really worried that someone would die this episode. I'm glad no one did, and Roy leaving didn't phase me all to much. Ever since he got the serum he's been all "GRR, ROY SMASH!" and has been really unlikeable. I understand his frustration towards Ollie, but his leaving didn't phase me as much as I thought it would.
    Other than that, the episode was great! You could cut the tension with Slade's katana. Speaking of Slade: DEATHSTROKE!!!! They keep giving us more and more of Slade under the mask and it gets better every single time. I hope next episode we see the Arrow and Deathstroke go head to head.

Posting Pro
    First, just a suggestion in regards to the poll: edit it so 10 is "A Stroke of (Evil) Genius" because that is precisely what we saw tonight. We saw the cold calculations and wonderful cunning of a man who has spent five years planning his revenge. Isabel Rochev's "sins of the father" comment could be anywhere from her name being on the List, who we know were people Malcolm, Robert, and others were squeezing to help make the city a better place (Adam Hunt being persuaded to donate money to the SCPD) to being Robert's illegitimate daughter (though I suspect it's more likely a former lover that he considered leaving Moira for). It appears that Slade has found someone who is his equal in both cunning and hatred for the Queen family. Poor Felicity; I suspect she was the first to be fired by Isabel. Oh, and did anyone else say "Go Felicity!" when she stepped forward and told Oliver to kill Slade, to end this once and for all?

Roy..... his departure is a mix of two things, IMO: first, the most obvious being the Mirakuru. It's enhancing everything, including his anger at Oliver. After the summaries for both this episode and 'The Man Under the Hood' were released, I sort of figured it would be Roy questioning Oliver. I admit, he did have a point, but going all "rah, you're a dick!" and leaving was not the mature way of handling it, which leads to my next point: the actor might be in his 20s, but so is Willa Holland. They are portraying teenagers, and the tendency towards not-so-clear thinking, especially for teen males, doesn't clear up as soon as your 18 or 19. I knew men who didn't really get to be all mature and such until well into their twenties (one who never matured before he died a few years back). Of course, they haven't said anything, but I'd guess the whole hormone thing is also enhanced by Mirakurur. Final comment on Roy: John Campea is going to be very happy as he hates the character. Oh, sorry, one last thing: Sara threatening to kill Roy if he didn't stop threatening them and, ahem, ranting. (I would say the other thing, but I'm trying to be less swear-y, as the Scoobies would say.)

Oliver has run the emotional gamot tonight, as has Moira. Both of them have come to realize the impact that keeping secrets has on their family, and I suspect that a certain Archer will return by the end of the season and, depending on the state Thea is in, she might well go with him. It'd be an interesting twist. As for how Slade found out, if anyone really needs to ask that question, what was he doing in "The Promise" that we saw in a quick flashback? Planting cameras. I'm sure there've been off-camera (pun intended) confrontations between Moira and Oliver about Thea's parentage, or perhaps he learned another way (though I hope not from Malcolm because I'd love to see a three-way fight between Deathstroke and the Emerald and Dark Archers). THe way Oliver reacted to what Thea said, though, probably makes Moira think there's more and if she doesn't already suspect something about Oliver's 'nightly activities', she's sure to begin now.

Unlike most, I'm sure, I was applauding tonight when Slade showed up at Laurel's doorstep and she told him to go to hell. Some think she's going to be cry-baby Laurel in the next episode. I don't think she will. I think she'll struggle with the knowledge that she has been lecturing Oliver about his selfishness while praising the vigilante, and now she knows that the Arrow and Oliver Queen are the same person. It'll be more like, "Oh, god, the restraint it must've taken him" than "Why didn't he tell me!", with any luck, but as this is a CW show, I'll have, ahem, hold my breath. I think she probably decides to represent her father (if she can represent Oliver, who she's slept with, not to mention Tommy, I think she can represent Quentin), and she'll tell him and he'll have this 'duh' look on his face. Not to mention, the way he acted when Sara said Oliver didn't know who the Arrow was or anything about him.... did anyone else think he was having trouble not hiding one of those snorts or half-sneered 'huhs' from last year? No, I think Laurel is going to do better at this. Also, this throws into perspective a few things Stephen Amell said in his Q&A posted on his FB page earlier today. Primarily, if Laurel would find out and something about conventions of shows like this. He said, "Watch tonight's episode" for the Laurel one and then said, when asked about what he likes most about the Deathstroke/Slade Wilson relationship with Oliver Queen, "the fact that Deathstroke, Slade, just ignores all those conventions." Yeah, I've never heard of the arch-villain revealing the hero's identity to a possible/future love interest before.

Blood, you are a whiny (derogatory name). Did Slade promise to win you a mayoral campaign or give you the means to 'save the city'? I love how Isabel teased Blood with the information. Which leads me to my final paragraph:

SLADE = BAD-ASS MAXIMUS! There is no other way to describe it. From how he implemented all these plans in one episode to the fact that he held a meeting with his partner and his lackey (I'm sure you can figure out which is which) in the office formerly occupied by Oliver, he has just dominated Oliver and the Arrow in this episode. The way he was sitting in the CEO chair at QC, it was just like, "I walked in, and I took everything from you, and there's jack you can do about it, Arrow. I own you!" Guggenheim said in his Producer's Preview that tonight's episode would feel like a Season Finale. He was right on the money this time. So, let's see.... that's two finale-level episodes we've had this season. I'm getting chills, and not just from the air conditioning, for the actual season finale now....

Awesome episode, I'll even let the 'Shado ghost' goading on Slade at the island (and even in Starling City!) slide.

Secrets and lies have come home to roost. It's fair to say that Slade is doing exactly what he said he was going to do -- he knows Ollie too well and is taking everything Ollie holds dear away from him. Team Arrow was out of their league on this one. I didn't think Thea would find out about Merlyn from Slade, but telling Laurel that Ollie = the Hood? A potential game changer, which could spiral into any number of directions not only this season but into the next one.

(A part of me is hoping that Laurel isn't adding her name to the list of people brushing off her suspicions about Blood just because she was an alcoholic at the time. The clues don't disappear just because people don't "believe" it. If everyone's putting on blinders, then it's a city-wide snafu re: Blood getting away with it.)

A couple of reality checks. Signing off his CEO authority was rash, even under these circumstances. And when Ollie was going to find Thea, Team Arrow mostly warned him that it was (as it turned out) one of his games and he shouldn't go solo. Felicity told him to go after Slade and end it, by any means. He went that route and the fallout of his decision is that Slade has his army. And how about Ollie's conflicting advice to Roy "Be angry, don't be angry", etc. Can't knock Roy for blowing off Team Arrow at this point, even though he was being a mirakuru-induced jerk when he was blaming them. Lies placed Thea in danger, lies Ollie perpetuated, and it could have been avoided had Ollie come clean sooner with her, at least about the danger of Slade and the Merlyn secret.

Loved that scene where Quentin's boss calls him a "special kind of stupid" by arresting someone on the vigilante's say-so. He's in a uniform because of his association with the Hood / Arrow. Doing the Arrow's bidding was a line in the sand that no cop in SCPD can cross -- and he did it. Yeah, it was necessary at the time, but in this case the ends didn't justify the means and now Ollie loses his SCPD connection. Ultimately this benefits Slade.

Slade's story arc is solid, even from S1 and he claims the Best Villain of the series title against all challengers. That he even had Isabel working for him and stringing along Blood (on two fronts: in the underworld and out in public as a mayoral candidate) are his checkmate moves. To see his evolution from friend to foe has been a treat - this is how to sell a great antagonist, even with his broken-hearted delusional rage as his motivation.

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by JDBentz View Post
    First, just a suggestion in regards to the poll: edit it so 10 is "A Stroke of (Evil) Genius" because that is precisely what we saw tonight. We saw the cold calculations and wonderful cunning of a man who has spent five years planning his revenge. Isabel Rochev's "sins of the father" comment could be anywhere from her name being on the List, who we know were people Malcolm, Robert, and others were squeezing to help make the city a better place (Adam Hunt being persuaded to donate money to the SCPD) to being Robert's illegitimate daughter (though I suspect it's more likely a former lover that he considered leaving Moira for). It appears that Slade has found someone who is his equal in both cunning and hatred for the Queen family.

Blood, you are a whiny (derogatory name). Did Slade promise to win you a mayoral campaign or give you the means to 'save the city'? I love how Isabel teased Blood with the information. Which leads me to my final paragraph:

SLADE = BAD-ASS MAXIMUS! There is no other way to describe it. From how he implemented all these plans in one episode to the fact that he held a meeting with his partner and his lackey (I'm sure you can figure out which is which) in the office formerly occupied by Oliver, he has just dominated Oliver and the Arrow in this episode. The way he was sitting in the CEO chair at QC, it was just like, "I walked in, and I took everything from you, and there's jack you can do about it, Arrow. I own you!" Guggenheim said in his Producer's Preview that tonight's episode would feel like a Season Finale. He was right on the money this time. So, let's see.... that's two finale-level episodes we've had this season. I'm getting chills, and not just from the air conditioning, for the actual season finale now....
    Yeah, great villainy in this episode. I find it interesting how Blood went from a big ominous threat in the first half of the season to a guy two steps up from a minion who is trying to play checkers on Slade's chess board now.

New In Town
    I thoroughly enjoyed this episode and all the characters in it. I agreed with Roy tonight and felt he was speaking on behalf of viewers like me who do question some of the Arrow's recent actions. I also really loved Felicity's role in this episode. I loved that she felt like the glue keeping things from falling apart in the Arrowcave. Kudus to the writers for finally bringing Laurel in the know! I am THRILLED this has happened. I really believe she will handle this news well plus she finally gets to be closer to the main arc of the show without having to be a damsel in distress (that was getting old fast). Maybe she won't let the Arrow/Oliver know she knows...(like Lois in Smallville.) It would be great to see her become a kind of mentor/ big sister to Thea since I think she (Thea) is headed down a dark path and Laurel knows a little about that. Slade IS amazing! I really hope he stays around for a long time and pop up in later seasons. Loved it!

Slade/Deathstroke was all sorts of awesome this episode. Well heck every episode really.
    Loved the Ollie scenes with his mother.
    Enjoyed Ollie/Diggle/Felicity all coming together in the end.
    Thought Laurel let Blood off the hook way too easy though. It would have been nice to have her be a little bit still suspicious of him.

Posting Pro
    I just re-watched it (Arrowdict here!), had a couple other things I felt the need to add. First, as much as I love John Barrowman and his character of Malcolm Merlyn, he can no longer claim the place 'most personal nemesis' for Oliver Queen/Green Arrow. No. He and Ollie's reasons just don't compare when you match him up with Deathstroke's history with Oliver. Slade Wilson must continue to be a series regular. He is too great an adversary to only have one story.

The Team Arrow bonding moment at the end I just loved; Felicity and Diggle have been with Oliver since the beginning (I count Felicity since she knew he was up to something more but kept quiet from 1x03 onward), and sorry, if either of them were to die, I would no longer be interested in watching this show live. Felicity is not just a LI or a tech genius. She is a full member of the team and that should be reflected no matter what, and highlighted more than just once every season. She's really grown into her role this year, and I hope to see more "Oliver, stop being an idiot" from her.

I wonder if they'll keep the 'Oliver has lost the company' bit, or if that'll be resolved this season.

If Isabel Rochev is just a jilted lover of Robert Queen, then that puts the whole Russia episode into perspective with how, ahem, pushy she was. If she's actually Robert's daughter, then she has Daddy issues and was trying to get back at him through Oliver..... who, if she is his daughter, she likesly believes Robert favored her half-brother and vowed to bring QC under her control to get back at him. Not to mention, that whole fight scene and her words of "You don't even know, do you?" just make me think "Oh, crap, she is his sister!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast